Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

What if they made a Star Fox pack and they added an Arwing vehicle? That'd be pretty neat

Aoi Asahina said:
What if they made a Star Fox pack and they added an Arwing vehicle? That'd be pretty neat

They should make it a Landmaster vehicle, and transform it into an Arwing into antigravity mode, with animation and model-grouping.

Hey, why not, some vehicle bodies change animation when they enter anti-gravity mode.

If by some miracle there is more DLC, I'd like to these that I've posted in the past.

Pack 1:
Cups: Shine Cup and Bob-omb Cup
Characters: Birdo, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr.
Vehicles: Warpstar, Gold Mantis, Mach Rider cycle, Birdo themed kart
New Tracks: Tropical Freeze themed track, Great Cave Offensive, Port Town Aero Drive, Bowser Jr's Playroom
Retro Tracks: Wario Coliseum, Choco Mountain, Waluigi Pinball, Shy Guy Bazaar

Pack 2:
Cups: Boo Cup and Spiny Shell Cup
Characters: King Boo, Dry Bones, Petey Piranha
Vehicles: Piranha Prowler, Poltergust 5000, Bowser's car from SM3DW, Excitebike
New Tracks: Woolly World track, Haunted Towers, Corneria, Pikmin themed track
Retro Tracks: Ghost Valley 3, Wario Shipyard, Toad Factory, Mushroom City

Ordering both packs comes with four new battle mode tracks, all in traditional battle mode style.

It's a pipe dream, but why the hell not.

GalacticPetey said:
If by some miracle there is more DLC, I'd like to these that I've posted in the past.

Pack 1:
Cups: Shine Cup and Bob-omb Cup
Characters: Birdo, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., some others I can't think of rn
Vehicles: Warpstar, Gold Mantis, Mach Rider cycle, Birdo themed kart
New Tracks: Tropical Freeze themed track, Great Cave Offensive, Port Town Aero Drive, Bowser Jr's Playroom
Retro Tracks: Wario Coliseum, Choco Mountain, Waluigi Pinball, Shy Guy Bazaar, Airship Fortress

Pack 2:
Cups: Boo Cup and Spiny Shell Cup
Characters: King Boo, Dry Bones, Petey Piranha
Vehicles: Piranha Prowler, Poltergust 5000, Bowser's car from SM3DW, Excitebike
New Tracks: Woolly World track, Haunted Towers, Corneria, Pikmin themed track
Retro Tracks: Ghost Valley 3, Wario Shipyard, Toad Factory, Mushroom City

Ordering both packs comes with four new battle mode tracks, all in traditional battle mode style.

It's a pipe dream, but why the hell not.

I fixed up pack 1 to how I'd like it.

dont care about anything else , give me My Bowser Castle and ill be happy as hell.

I dont like Wii U BC at all , particulary because it feels to much like 3D World and that music is too upbeat.

Wii Bowser Castle my track , i looooove it.

I will glady take any remake over the one in Wii U , i just dont like it.

And please add to the mix my Birthday Girl or the Bumble Bee!

With Kalimari Desert into the mix ill be happy too but i feel that 2 desert tracks are more than enough.

Can we hope for the veterans Birdo , Bowser Jr and Diddy Kong to return? I hope so.

A Mario Kart 7-style Battle Mode when?

Striker Mario said:

Ew. MK7s battle mode was so mediocre and boring that I hated it.

F-777 said:
Striker Mario said:

Your opinion is so mediocre and boring that I hate it

I love that battle mode, I killed Wario 7 times in one match, my biggest Wario kill streak, freaking hilarious.

F-777 said:
Striker Mario said:

Best one in the series, IMO.

In all honesty I like DS's the best. I simply want a last-man-standing free-for-all with unlimited time. It feels so satisfying to roam around and snipe unsuspecting people with a red shell or something or other.

There should be an option for both survival and points, like how Smash Bros. has one

I'm personally a points fan myself, don't like getting knocked out early due to bad luck, but having both options would be swell.

Mario Kart Wii had an awesome variety of stages but was clearly the outlier for that
Mario Kart 7 was fun but severely limited by the amount of stages it had
Mario Kart 8 killed battle mode, it is now dead, rest in peace

nothing will ever top Double Dash's Bob-omb Blast mode, sure you can set all of the items to bob-ombs in the newer games but it's not as satisfying as blitzing 10-bob ombs all over luigi's mansion and watching the carnage ensue

Aoi Asahina said:
In all honesty I like DS's the best. I simply want a last-man-standing free-for-all with unlimited time. It feels so satisfying to roam around and snipe unsuspecting people with a red shell or something or other.

MK7 butchered MKDS's battle mode, and that's why I don't like it.

F-777 said:
Aoi Asahina said:

MK7 butchered MKDS's battle mode, and that's why I don't like it.

They arent even similar to begin with. MK7 clearly was aiming for a MKWii-like setting , MKDS was a survival battle balloon mode with the worst way to recover balloons , they arent alike

This 'MK8 DLC tease' makes me think. It would likely be another crossover DLC. Either Splatoon or F-Zero.

And please... I want Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr.! And BIRDO!
As for Jr, no *bleeping* Junior Clown Car driving a kart!

...And true Battle Mode with a lot of modes.

I really hope that they bring back Mushroom City or Wario Colloseum. I could see both of them, especially Collosseum working well with anti gravity.

I hope Bowser Jr. and Birdo come back too, I don't see why they were cut in the firet place.

Any Battle Modes prior to Mario Kart DS were pretty much unplayable without friends aside from screwing around.

So by default, they're worse than Mario Kart 8's battle mode.

GBAToad said:
nothing will ever top Double Dash's Bob-omb Blast mode, sure you can set all of the items to bob-ombs in the newer games but it's not as satisfying as blitzing 10-bob ombs all over luigi's mansion and watching the carnage ensue
I think the most fun I had from that mode played out in two stages.

Luigi's Mansion
Park three vehicles over blocks that spawn double bombs.
Watch the camera on the bottom right part of the screen. Park one character per the area the camera pans through.
Wait for bombs to be fully loaded.
When camera is at one character's "area", let loose the Bob-ombs until the camera moves to another area.

Tilt-a-Kart
Get four karts
Load them fully with Bob-ombs.
Drive them off the cliff at the same time.
Mash the pause button until characters respawn. For the lolz, trying navigating the pause menu in the midst of the ensuing explosions and characters yelling for help.

I also like in Shine Thief, I intentionally ignore the Shine Sprite and abuse other characters just standing there.

Mario Kart DS will always have the best battle mode, both balloon battle and shine runners were so enjoyable. MKWii's is okay, Mario Kart 7 was meh and Mario Kart 8 sucks outside of Yoshi Valley.

Hate to break it to you but I'm 90% sure this is a ruse now, because NOE just continued posting memes.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/739124929703096321

only explaination other than that would be that theyre leaving cryptic hints about stuff theyll surprise show at the e3 or some bullshit but honestly id rather not have another wind waker or some bullshit so fuck that shit

Thats-All-Folks.gif

Midna said:
Hate to break it to you but I'm 90% sure this is a ruse now, because NOE just continued posting memes.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/739124929703096321

only explaination other than that would be that theyre leaving cryptic hints about stuff theyll surprise show at the e3 or some bullshit but honestly id rather not have another wind waker or some bullshit so fuck that shit

Thats-All-Folks.gif

That just seems to be teasing about Zelda Wii U at E3.

Back