Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Cirdec said:
That just seems to be teasing about Zelda Wii U at E3.
It is most surely teasing Zelda at E3, which is why it is interesting: yesterday's post is still there with a #MK8 tag, 23 hours after we get the tease of Zelda at E3, connecting the dots this suggests that yesterday's post was too an E3 tease and that we might have Mario Kart 8 DLC announcement at E3.

Baby Luigi said:
Man I don't know how I can download the DLC without Nintendo fucking around with the kernel exploit we have though :(
Striker Mario said:
I don't know, we somehow got Smash Bros.'s patch for 1.1.6. even after we exploited our game.

I hope whatever this is doesn't require a system update or I will be so pissed. I'm already mad enough at Nintendo for too many times this and last year.
You two are angry at Nintendo for trying to protect their system.

Okay.

Lakituthequick said:
You two are angry at Nintendo for trying to protect their system.

Okay.

From what, exactly? Pirates? They don't really give a damn about the Wii U any more, they want to kill it off as soon as they can. From hackers? When have they ever been a serious problem to Nintendo aside from people cheating online.

Remember that patch they did with the Wii that the only thing they did was a pathetic attempt to remove the homebrew channel? That's also them trying to "protect" the Wii. And look at where the Wii hacking has been now. Project M is popular, we got Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii out of it, we got CTGP out of it, and now, with Wii U hacking advancing, we may get stuff like a Newer U in the future, 8 player Smash on all stages, or new custom tracks out of it.

If your reasoning is that people can do malicious things with kernel exploits, well no shit. Anything you do has a risk. People who perform these things are well aware of that. That's why these exploits aren't released until they are ready.

So I started up my Wii U and I'm getting ads for mk8.

Coincidence? Probably.

Midna said:
Hate to break it to you but I'm 90% sure this is a ruse now, because NOE just continued posting memes.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/739124929703096321

only explaination other than that would be that theyre leaving cryptic hints about stuff theyll surprise show at the e3 or some bull*bleep* but honestly id rather not have another wind waker or some bull*bleep* so *bleep* that *bleep*
Not that I have any good expectations for Nintendo this year.

I would have no use for the former, but thanks for providing the latter. I will tell my sister to try that out.

So, if any of you modded Mario Kart 8...well, is there any BFSTM converter that lets multiple streams?

It's a bit annoying to hear your custom music then fade to nothing in a particular section of the track because it can't support it. Affected tracks include Cloudtop Cruise, Super Bell Subway, Mount Wario, and Water Park, for what I remember. And strange thing is, the BFSTM converter overlaps the first place beats and Shy Guys, dunno what parameter controls it.

Also, you don't need to patch a .brsar (which is turbo.brsar in this case), that's a gigantic relief.

Baby Luigi said:
So, if any of you modded Mario Kart 8...well, is there any BFSTM converter that lets multiple streams?

It's a bit annoying to hear your custom music then fade to nothing in a particular section of the track because it can't support it. Affected tracks include Cloudtop Cruise, Super Bell Subway, Mount Wario, and Water Park, for what I remember. And strange thing is, the BFSTM converter overlaps the first place beats and Shy Guys, dunno what parameter controls it.

Also, you don't need to patch a .brsar (which is turbo.brsar in this case), that's a gigantic relief.

I believe this works if you want have a multi-channel bfstm, http://www.lakora.us/brawl/loopingaudioconverter/ but it requires you to make a multi-channel brstm. You can then convert that into a bfstm, it does work, but the results are somewhat strange and unknown. I tried it with Dolphin Shoals and I had the music drop out at random times (not in certain sections like when you enter the cave or when you get to that loop), just in random spots, it can get softer and louder randomly and the marimba jingle still played when I moved onto the 2/3 lap in the course. I haven't tried it on other courses so I don't know what kind of results you may get.

It's not the best way to do it, but you can try it and so what you get. Otherwise, I have no other way.

I did try changing a music to Electrodrome trying to make multi-channeled streams but the results didn't work.

What combinations do you guys use for MK8? I go (any) Shy Guy->Falcon Flyer or Mercedez Roadster->Leaf Tires->Bowser Kite

MK8_Baby_Luigi_TrickAntigrav.png

(Badwagon + Monster + Plane Glider)

That's my main combination, but I also love

MK8_Baby_Luigi_Trick.png

(P-Wing + GLA Tires + Plane Glider)

this as well

Is it just me or does the second one look like it's from Speed Racer

It might be inspired by it but it also looks like a Ferrari/Lamborghini as well.

URGhrMS.jpg

My combination's pretty.

it's her spec-maps and bumpmap

probably applied too much hair gloss prior to the race

Magikrazy said:
she lost her eye in the war

thats why she wears her hair like that
The new Mario Tennis says otherwise.
maxresdefault.jpg

Roger Smith said:
Johnny Boy said:
And doesn't the hair covering half of her face bother her? I mean, it looks good on her, but still.
she could just be emo
But she's a woman, right?

some of her mario kart models literally have only one eye ;)

Johnny Boy said:
Magikrazy said:
she lost her eye in the war

thats why she wears her hair like that
The new Mario Tennis says otherwise.
maxresdefault.jpg
That was from before the war.
Johnny Boy said:
Roger Smith said:
Johnny Boy said:
And doesn't the hair covering half of her face bother her? I mean, it looks good on her, but still.
she could just be emo
But she's a woman, right?
What does that have to do with it?

Back