Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Hm, I wonder what track he's tricking the game into driving on?

There's a guy on Rvlution.net who also made the Chain Chomps huge in Rainbow Road

Mario Party Δ said:
idk if this was sarcastic but whatever, it was n64 rainbow road and later big blue

on another note i really hope mk8 custom tracks become a thing soon

Creating lighting parameters will be a nightmare

Lucas said:
Mario Party Δ said:
idk if this was sarcastic but whatever, it was n64 rainbow road and later big blue

This isn't sarcastic, MrBean35000vr races on one track and uses the ghost of that track on top of another track.

Mario Party Δ said:
Lucas said:
Mario Party Δ said:

This isn't sarcastic, MrBean35000vr races on one track and uses the ghost of that track on top of another track.
The description clearly states N64 Rainbow Road and Big Blue, that's why he's suggesting sarcasm.

I normally don't click links to YouTube videos, my bad.

Lakituthequick said:
Mario Party Δ said:
Lucas said:
Mario Party Δ said:

The description clearly states N64 Rainbow Road and Big Blue, that's why he's suggesting sarcasm.
wait really i didn't notice that lol
i just saw the ways he was driving and figured that out on my own

I suspected Rainbow Road 64, but I didn't know if the downward slope was supposed to be THAT steep and why the hell Luigi isn't gliding.

Dr. Mario said:
I suspected Rainbow Road 64, but I didn't know if the downward slope was supposed to be THAT steep and why the hell Luigi isn't gliding.
I managed to do a moon jump on 3DS Piranha Plant Slide and N64 Rainbow Road on 200cc.

yeah right, and i got a star in first place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM9W4M48QdE

Recently, there was an AGDQ event, and one of the games played was Mario Kart 8. It is the 200cc mode using Hard CPUs, and while the commentary could get in the way of the playthrough, it's interesting to see that this player could get past all the races in first place, something I couldn't dream of doing.

Even more interesting is that Waluigi was chosen as the driver. Essentially, there are donation incentives for the selected racer, and it turns out that Waluigi got a huge lead in donations over the second-most (Rosalina). For me, that's a good thing.

Thanks for reading.

Speed-running Mario Kart 8 is nothing special. All you need to have is luck on your side and that you need to take the best nonMushroom routes.

I suppose it isn't, which is why I didn't quite call it a "speed run". It does fit the event ("Awesome Games Done Quick") in that 200cc is very fast. As it showcased the courses completed in Mario Kart 8 with skill, this is why I liked it.

Thanks for reading.

Skill, luck and memorisation are what factor the runs. In 200cc especially you need skill to cut them corners, luck to hopefully avoid getting smashed with a blue shell at the last turn, and memorisation to remember shortcuts.

Iggy Waffles said:
Skill, luck and memorisation are what factor the runs. In 200cc especially you need skill to cut them corners, luck to hopefully avoid getting smashed with a blue shell at the last turn, and memorisation to remember shortcuts.
It's not just the Spiny Shell. You have to contend with coins, Red Shells, Lightning Bolts, and coins, coins, COINS.

I'm pretty sure they cost me the race a few times.

If it's like what happens to me there's one of these things that happens:

a) someone hits you with an item. They pass you, you quickly get an item to recover and it's a coin

b) situation a happens at the end of the race

c) a red shell is coming toward you, you get an item to defend yourself and it turns out to be coins.

cjszero01 said it best:

Have you ever said anything along these 3 phrases:

1) "Oh I hope I get coins this time"

2) "Good thing I had coins to get through that"

3) "It sure is fun to use coins"

Well uh sometimes I like to finish a race with 10 coins because it's "OCD" (for the lack of a better word), but yeah it's still extremely weak

but then again it applies to the blooper item as well

Magikrazy said:
In what way?
Generally, the most vital time of a race is at the beginning, where you need an early lead, and the coin sometimes deny you this. Or, the coin denies you a lead in general, and in Mario Kart, staying in the middle of the pack is the most dangerous thing in Mario Kart. I had to endure through a race mostly because of this coin.

Yeah, the spiny shell can ruin a race too, but it's not as common as the coin.

Baby Luigi said:
Well uh sometimes I like to finish a race with 10 coins because it's "OCD" (for the lack of a better word), but yeah it's still extremely weak

I do it just because I feel like it

also yes coin is the most worst I meant to do that item in MK8

Back