Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart Wii U

I would hate that Sonic got involved in Mario Kart Wii U. If they want to make a racing game featuring both Mario and Sonic, make it a stand-alone game.

I don't think it will happen, though I would like it if Sumo do team up with Nintendo this time after doing a good job on the Sonic racing games.

I honestly don't care unless Sonic characters remove awesome characters such as Baby Luigi

I'll be glad if Toadette even appears at all, whether it be playable or cameo, so it appears that Nintendo doesn't forget about her.

Anser said:
If they want to make a racing game featuring both Mario and Sonic, make it a stand-alone game.

i don't really see why you guys are thinking it wouldn't be (assuming it even exists)

Afte Sumo Digital´s Hints, people has be either exited, angry or meh.

The exited ones wants either a full collaboration bewtween Nintendo and Sumo Digital/SEGA (like Retro with MK7) or Sumo Digital has the TOTAL CONTROL of the next entry (just because mayne liked more the SASR that MK7)

The Angry ones said that with the olympics games we have enogh crossover, and they call to instead made a full platformer instead a kart game (i agreed)

And the meh ones...at the NEOGAF forums and...yes all are idiots...many of them want nintendo to kill "Mario Kart" and made a "Nintendo Kart" just because Sega All Star Racing (just because want a kart game in hyrule) and others prefer SASR because is "superior"

In my opinion...if sonic appears he will be only a guest character, nothing more, nothing less, the game still a full traditional Mario Kart (plus the new gimmick)

The Olympic games were meh at best. I'd like to see more interaction between Mario & Sonic, to be honest. If that means Mario Karting together, I won't mind. Just give me that Star and Bob-omb.

I'm pretty sure if the rumors are true of a Sonic and Mario kart racing game. It will be it's own game.

It just seems kinda weird considering we already have All-Stars Racing 2 for Wii U, and of course Mario Kart Wii U coming out later on. Then there'd be that one too.

I WAS disappointed that Mario wasn't in All Stars Racing (they actually considered that).

But, rumors are rumors, and more often than not, they're false.

La Marionette said:
I WAS disappointed that Mario wasn't in All Stars Racing (they actually considered that).
But, rumors are rumors, and more often than not, they're false.
Like our Smash bros, adding 3rd parties instead of original candidates would inevitaibly draw backlashes for different kinds of reasons. Ralph's case in SEGA is one of them.

Even the roster of M&S Kart would be much different from Olympics, there are still only 10~12 seats for each side and fans have to compromise.

Hammer Bro. sounds to similar to Koopa Trooper.

And please god, no Koopa Paratrooper.

And no offence dude but Toadette is most likely being removed from the series.

I don't think Hammer Bro. is worthless. But I do have to agree Koopa Paratroopa is too much like Koopa Troopa.

Red Koopa Paratroopa said:
... :(
Sad on how many people think enemy species are worthless to add, and bother go for RPG characters (which are SOOO WORTHLESS)
Though I'm the one who support individual characters, I can tell that everyone has different standpoint. You should have some words or it's just something worthless to you.

If you mean species individuals as RPG characters, I don't see your point since loving whole species should be loving this character too (unless maybe you only like evil-type KTs but the individuals are all good guys.)

NSY said:
More clearly, Nintendo is offensive.

NSY said:

I'd be surprised if Nintendo completely forgot about the Kong family (not counting Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Cranky Kong) and the Kremling Krew along the way.

The Mario Kart Series in portables has less characters that the a big console release, so we can expect alot of characters (24 +) in the next entry

Sad on how many people think enemy species are worthless to add, and bother go for RPG characters (which are SOOO WORTHLESS)
RPG characters have personalities and are more memorable than generics. Also, the RPG's need to finally get representation.

Lord Spongeful said:

RPG characters have personalities and are more memorable than generics. Also, the RPG's need to finally get representation.

Nope, they need to stay in their own game. We only need generic characters

I only think major species that are really different from each other(such as Koopa Troopas,Boos,Goombas)should be added,Koopa Paratroopas and Hammer Bros are way to similar imo to be added in a roster that includes regular Koopas.

And on the subject of RPG characters I wouldn't mind having any major ones like Fawful appear,but it's not going to happen.

NSY said:

I disagree

Back