Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart Wii U

Red Koopa Paratroopa said:
We only need generic characters
^ I lol'd at that bit right there.

I hate generic enemies. Most of them. They're really bland and boring.

I think Hammer Bro is deserving, but I don't want a normal and winged version of the same thing. I don't want Boo if there is King Boo who is a better choice anyway. Goomba is deserving but I'd likely find it funny seeing one try to drive.

But (sorry if I'm repeating myself) I want an RPG character. Very badly. Someone like Fawful would really increase the fun, as I'd be playing as my favorite character. Add whoever else you want (except Honey Queen, ugh) but please give the RPG's at least one rep!!! Again, sorry that I'm throwing this around way too much, but I feel very strongly about this.

If any RPG character other than Fawful appears, I'm am off to Nintendo to punch them.

But yes, I understand your point there.

Randombob-omb4761 said:
I want the Lightning Bolt taken out. It annoyed me all the time in Mario Kart 7.

That item isn't going anywhere though, as it's a staple in the Mario Kart series.

The Lightning Bolt's effects sucked post Mario Kart DS

Baby Luigi said:
The Lightning Bolt's effects sucked post Mario Kart DS

Is it because the Thunderbolt's duration is now shorter for those who are trailing a race?

That basically renders it useless when you're in 12th place, since the 11th place person recovers far too quickly for you to overtake them

MnSG said:
NSY said:
And no offence dude but Toadette is most likely being removed from the series.

I'd be surprised if Nintendo completely forgot about the Kong family (not counting Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Cranky Kong) and the Kremling Krew along the way.
Except the case of DK Jr who has a contradictive problem in backstories, no character should be randomly taken away. On the other hand, it's determined by whether they should be in more games.

We expect new DK mainstream games to have more playable kongs like it before. In spinoffs, I'd see Dixie or King.K Rool playable in Kart 8 this time, but at least kong family must appear together in the next Baseball/Football game or DK has nowhere to go.

Toadette is a completely weird case. Besides spinoffs, we do see Nintendo need more recurring toads in NSMB and 3D games as NPCs or coplayers, which makes no sense for her to be removed.

Lord Spongeful said:
RPG characters have personalities and are more memorable than generics. Also, the RPG's need to finally get representation.
Nope, they need to stay in their own game. We only need generic characters
And species enemies should stay in NSMB, in the same word. There is no restriction for a Mario character being playable. Don't refute without words if someone has a better opinion.

Was it confirmed that it will be another Sonic game? I was under the impression it would be a three game agreement with Sega, with Sonic: Lost World and MASATSWO as the other Sonic game and mystery third game (was thinking it might be F-Zero since Sega made GX iirc, which was the last console F-Zero game).

Yeah, Nintendo can only publish Sonic games for now. (Bayonetta doesn't count)

Xpike said:
Take it as a rumor, but apparently the next Mario Kart game is actually some kind of Mario Kart vs. Sonic All-Stars game.
https://twitter.com/S0LSUM0/status/327921575968010240
Uh, I thought this rumor was about a different game. I mean it's not the actual Kart 8 we were talking about.

And I don't really believe it since SEGA already have their Allstars Racing recently. It should be made in later years after we become tired of SEGA Racing.

Dorayaki said:
Xpike said:
Take it as a rumor, but apparently the next Mario Kart game is actually some kind of Mario Kart vs. Sonic All-Stars game.
Uh, I thought this rumor was about a different game. I mean it's not the actual Kart 8 we were talking about.

And I don't really believe it since SEGA already have their Allstars Racing recently. It should be made in later years after we become tired of SEGA Racing.
Well, the title just says "Mario Kart Wii U" and that crossover would be half-Mario Kart and it would be for the Wii U.
And I think it's just starting development, and All-Stars Racing is already a year old, so a 2014 date seems likely.

Oh god no...
I really hope that we get a mario only game as well if it is real...

Xpike said:
Take it as a rumor, but apparently the next Mario Kart game is actually some kind of Mario Kart vs. Sonic All-Stars game, if we base ourselves on these tweets and the fact that there's a 3rd Nintendo-published Sonic game to be announced.

Where does it read that? I don't see it.

I REALLY don't want a Mario & Sonic crossover with Mario Kart. This means that Baby Luigi has a chance to get scrapped in favor of crap.

And we don't want a replay of the old Mario Kart games which only had 7/8 characters :(

Baby Luigi said:
I REALLY don't want a Mario & Sonic crossover with Mario Kart. This means that Baby Luigi has a chance to get scrapped in favor of crap.

Cool down, I know he is your favorite character.
Anyway, I hate crossovers. I wanna see an original game.

And we don't want a replay of the old Mario Kart games which only had 7/8 characters :(
Why would that happen?

I would have absolutely no problem with this whatsoever if it was true.

Smasher said:
I would have absolutely no problem with this whatsoever if it was true.
Assuming you mean the Sonic crossover thing, you do know it could mean no new Mario characters, right?

Yep. There's no new characters that I absolutely would love to see added, so that's not going to bother me.

Back