Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

I'd be happy if modding was just this stuff and not cheating. I've seen Bean's stuff, and it looks promising.

Pizazz said:
I'd be happy if modding was just this stuff and not cheating. I've seen Bean's stuff, and it looks promising.

Yea I sure hope item hacks and speed hacks won't be made, I mean they are fun to use but in online races it gets annoying unless it is you or your doing those kind of hacks with a friend.

Mrbean also said he got all the "brstms" from the game's files but due to copyright reasons he can't release them. Technically he converted the files into brstms.

I just tried to give the daily level up to my mk license, when it gave me a bonus code.

Gift code let me to this message:

"Error. Welcome to my trap, spam bot. :D"

Cirdec said:
I don't know if it has been said, but I noticed if you try to race backwards, after a warning Lakitu will grab you and put you forward. That's a bit shameful, you can't go backwards just for fun to look the track.

I've known that a long time ago.

YoshiGo99 said:
Mrbean also said he got all the "brstms" from the game's files but due to copyright reasons he can't release them. Technically he converted the files into brstms.

He should upload it to-oh never mind

YoshiGo99 said:
I don't care about Mario Kart 8's lousy soundtrack, actually, but I do appreciate how he's taking a step into music modding.

If any of you are interested, I'm planning to host a tournament for the first half of August. It'll begin on 8/1 at 1:00 PM, and last until 8/14 at 11:00 PM. There will be no race limits, so you'll be free to race as much as you want.

zlCfzSMxWLIsgeMq5E

MnSG said:
If any of you are interested, I'm planning to host a tournament for the first half of August. It'll begin on 8/1 at 1:00 PM, and last until 8/14 at 11:00 PM. There will be no race limits, so you'll be free to race as much as you want.

zlCfzSMxWLIsgeMq5E
I'll join. I think.

I've noticed, but I had no idea when it happened. I though it happened a bit earlier than that point.

I finally unlocked the Gold Glider today.

Also, has anybody else ever hit an invisible item while racing online? It has happened to me at least five times already. From what I've noticed, after the lightning is used some of the dropped items will become invisible. However, I don't believe that this happens often.

No, but I've gotten some insane red shell hits while online though.
Playing today I was doing a trick jump on Dry Dry Desert when a red shell went flying beside me.
For like a second it went onwards but then it looped around in a circle and whacked me in the face.
Has this happened to anyone? I don't think that's supposed to happen.

IcicleRain said:
No, but I've gotten some insane red shell hits while online though.
Playing today I was doing a trick jump on Dry Dry Desert when a red shell went flying beside me.
For like a second it went onwards but then it looped around in a circle and whacked me in the face.
Has this happened to anyone? I don't think that's supposed to happen.
That has happened to me way too many times. It's annoying when you're carrying an item behind yourself.

Is getting coins online counts for coin amount? I did a lot but still no gold glider.

Cirdec said:
Is getting coins online counts for coin amount? I did a lot but still no gold glider.
Yes, they count.
Gold glider needs 10,000 coins though so it should take a while

Similarly, coins that you've collected during a Time Trial will also count towards your coin total, which is an improvement over Mario Kart 7's coin system.

Hey, it's nowhere as bad as Mario Kart 7's single player grind of 20,000 coins. That's the worst video-game related thing I have ever done in my life. I'm not kidding about this.

Baby Man said:
Hey, it's nowhere as bad as Mario Kart 7's single player grind of 20,000 coins. That's the worst video-game related thing I have ever done in my life. I'm not kidding about this.

Then you have done at least 500 grand prix, how horrible.

I forced myself to endure through several rounds of 32 races in a row sessions at a time. It's really mentally exhausting and you start getting nonstop thoughts about continuously grinding for the game, with that 20,000 limit as far away as reaching Proxima Centauri. Unlike Mario Kart 8, where there is a VS mode, these 4 race sessions grind your gears quicker than doing random 16 races in Mario Kart 8.

Maybe I'm over-exaggerating my experience a bit but it really is a terrible experience to have. I'm a completionist so I have to pressure myself to get that part.

I finally succeeded and I don't want to go back to this game for a while, especially now Mario Kart 8 is out and about.

Getting 20,000 coins in Mario Kart 7 took about three years for me to do, the Gold Glider in Mario Kart 8 took me less than a month.

Baby Man said:

That's pretty much irrelevant when all you have to do is reach the 10000 VR mark in that game to get the Gold Standard.

MnSG said:
Baby Man said:

That's pretty much irrelevant when all you have to do is reach the 10000 VR mark in that game to get the Gold Standard.

I'm against online play in all forms and shapes possible. I would rather torture myself with CPUs than handle the bullcrap other people pull off online

Baby Man said:
I'm against online play in all forms and shapes possible. I would rather torture myself with CPUs than handle the bullcrap other people pull off online

That's, uh, pretty straight thinking.
People aren't actually that bad except for the cheaters, and I haven't seen any of them in 7

Played some games with my dad.
He beat me like half the time.
I have raised him too well

Baby Man said:

That's quite surprising, since you do have a Mario Kart 8 license on your signature.

The Mario Kart 8 license also says I have 1000 + VR when in actuality, it's a clean 1000 because I have yet to play that mode even once, after 100+ hours of game time.

Sorry I just don't like pitting myself against other people. I'd rather take it slow and have fun, my way, than deal with strangers who have the potential to affect me personally online.

Back