Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Princess Rosalina said:
Can you install custom Mario Kart Wii tracks on your Wii U rather than your Wii? I don't exactly have another cord for my Wii.

That's what I do. There's several tutorials online.

MKGuy said:
Princess Rosalina said:
Can you install custom Mario Kart Wii tracks on your Wii U rather than your Wii? I don't exactly have another cord for my Wii.

That's what I do. There's several tutorials online.
Cool. I'll check them out tomorrow.

MKGuy said:
The worst custom track ever = Tree Circuit.
Yeah I remember that shitty one.

Roserade the Real Bombchu said:
MKGuy said:
The worst custom track ever = Tree Circuit.
Yeah I remember that *bleep*ty one.
I have yet to do a full playthrough of all the custom tracks. So I wouldn't know what it's like. And again we get into Mario Kart Wii hacking.. Anyone wanna bump the Mario Kart Wii thread from like a year or 2 ago?

Got a Toad figure from Mickey D's. Still like that food though.

Sorry chicken, I wouldn't eat you if you didn't taste so good.

YoshiGo99 said:
MKGuy said:
I'm excited for modding. I can't wait to texture hack Bowser's Castle into a water world.
Watch it be much harder than Mario Kart Wii modding. I am really liking the idea of modding MK8, but if custom track get in, you can expect a dozen crappy tracks just like what happened when custom tracks was a new thing for MKW. I won't expect much too happen or be released for another few months, maybe years.

What could we expect next from MrBean?
Mario Kart 8 music modding.

It would be amazing.

FЯЕ4КШ0ЯГD said:
Am I the only person here who always orders a happy meal because it's cheaper?

Okay, actually I don't. But the joke had to be made by someone.
I've got like 28 coupons for free happy meals with a purchase

Lumastar said:
Princess Rosalina said:
Ripper Roo said:
I've got like 28 coupons for free happy meals with a purchase
Give me one. Right now.
I got one.
lead_large.png
The ones where I am right now are different... Maybe that's because of the How to Train Your Dragon 2 toys... uh...
Fuck, I've changed my mind. I'll get my adult meal like a boss.

I've managed to upload a Mario Kart 8 screenshot that's of higher quality than what Miiverse tends to offer. You will need an image hosting site, such as tinypic.com, to pull it off though.

nveh5e.jpg

I'll have to remember this when Smash Wii U is finally released.

Lumastar said:

f--- that mascot. he's f---ing scary

MnSG said:
I've managed to upload a Mario Kart 8 screenshot that's of higher quality than what Miiverse tends to offer. You will need an image hosting site, such as tinypic.com, to pull it off though.
The browser uploader. It's pretty handy, I use it a lot.
Though I wrote my own script for it on the local NAS-storage, which also supports web-server functions. Much quicker.

Tested with imgur, it didn't work.

but regardless:
2n1w046.jpg

Just guess how far that Bob-omb went (I uploaded this highlight reel to Miiverse if you want to see it).

On a different note, has anyone pointed out that posting comments on highlight reels in the Global sections has been disabled?

It's understandable considering the ludicrous amounts of people just posting random comments on them, related to the actual video or not. I am absolutely sick of notifications telling me that someone drew a male genitalia and posted it under a highlight reel I uploaded.

None of my screenshots have the "Highlight" tag, which can probably explain the lack of comments that I receive from them.

I was referring to how the Post Comment button is no longer present when watching a highlight reel from any of the global sections, highlight reels have the highlight tag while screenshots alone don't.

SKmarioman said:
I was referring to how the Post Comment button is no longer present when watching a highlight reel from any of the global sections, highlight reels have the highlight tag while screenshots alone don't.

None of my highlight reel screenshots have that tag though, probably because I go directly to Miiverse to display them; this bypasses the 100 character limit that the tagged posts have, but as a drawback, you can't use any of the stamps that are in the game.

I don't know if it has been said, but I noticed if you try to race backwards, after a warning Lakitu will grab you and put you forward. That's a bit shameful, you can't go backwards just for fun to look the track.

Cirdec said:
I don't know if it has been said, but I noticed if you try to race backwards, after a warning Lakitu will grab you and put you forward. That's a bit shameful, you can't go backwards just for fun to look the track.

To be fair, very few of the nitro GP tracks allow you to backtrack anyway; Mario Circuit and Toad Harbor being the only ones.

Cirdec said:
Have you tried it in Time Trials? Because I've tried it and Lakitu didn't grab the racer.

Only in Grand Prix and VS race, you can't go backwards.

YoshiGo99 said:

I don't know if the video will show up since I am using the mobile version. But it is a texture hack for Thwomp Ruins!
For me, the sound was off. But, the texture hack looks quite nice.

Back