Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

When I play online races, sometimes the red shells will just go pass me even though I'm not dodging them, than like 10 seconds later they'll just come and wham me out of nowhere. Like, what the hell?

Not BMB said:
When I play online races, sometimes the red shells will just go pass me even though I'm not dodging them, than like 10 seconds later they'll just come and wham me out of nowhere. Like, what the hell?

It's called "lag"

Baby Luigi said:
Not BMB said:

It's called "lag"

I know that it's lag; I was just complaining.

No one likes lag :P

I've once crossed the line first.

Then the number in the bottom-right corner says "4e".

I've even checked it with MKTV later. Same thing.

Yeah, lag is annoying sometimes. Though it can be a plus too, I've seen a case of a Red Shell hitting two people simultaneously.

I've encountered a blue passing straight by me while I'm in first in Yoshi Valley. It did another lap and hit me tho.

I've also been practising fire-hopping.

I love how much Rosalinas and Metal Marios there are here.

But Rosalina is the devil

Y'know, this is one reason I think Online play is a superbug

I find speed more useful than in Mario Kart 7. Because of the item distribution system, it's hard to recover and get first if you get hurt badly in the beginning. High speed lowers your chances to mess up the beginning.

On the other hand, if your combo's acceleration is bad, one early mistake will pretty much ruin your chances of making a comeback. Fortunately, it's at least possible to have 4.75/6 speed and C-tier acceleration with the inside drifting bikes.

But acceleration also something to worry about. Now that items are more balanced and coins can make you waste an item box, you need to have quick recovery. Once you get hit, having good acceleration will help you out so much, which is why it's easier regaining ground for me with the babies than with characters like Morton.

MnSG said:
On the other hand, if your combo's acceleration is bad, one early mistake will pretty much ruin your chances of making a comeback. Fortunately, it's at least possible to have 4.75/6 speed and C-tier acceleration with the inside drifting bikes.

That's why it makes heavyweights broken imo, they can get an high speed and acceleration with an inside drift bike + rollers + Peach Parasol.

@MnSG Pretty much the reason Rosalina became immensely popular in online races.

Cirdec said:
That's why it makes heavyweights broken imo, they can get an high speed and acceleration with an inside drift bike + rollers + Peach Parasol.

Or any glider that boosts acceleration. But yeah, the lightweights are really at a disadvantage in Mario Kart 8 with their inability to even get above average speed levels (up to 3.75/6 speed for the heavier lightweights).

In Mario Kart 7, a Feather class racer is able to get up to 4.5/6 speed, and that's partly because the speed increase between weight classes wasn't as extreme in that game.

Inside drifting bikes are the best for making up ground. Playing on certain courses, even if I'm slower, I am able to ride on the inside of the corner and be right on the inside edge to get in front of them on turns. It really is a great bike to have. I can't even play as any other vehicle because it's like the drifting makes you go flying outwards.

My master combo I have is Sports Bike + Slick + Clouds Glider.

Using the Stats Calculator since I don't have the game, I figured out my combination.
It was Circuit Special, Cyber Slick, and the Waddlewing but after doing some comparing, it is now Circuit Special, Cyber Slick, and the Flower glider.

The best characters to use with it is Lakitu, Shy Guy, Toadette, Yoshi, and Iggy but I will probably use Toadette and Yoshi the most. I was hoping to be able to use Baby Luigi and Lemmy but I couldn't find a good combo for them.

I think I should make a license too even though I don't have the game.

That doesn't always work out on my end. In fact, not every race that I've seen has a Rosalina player taking the win.

Back