Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Nysic said:
Nysic said:
Acceleration tiers are back according to GameFAQs, but at every full bar instead of 3/4.

Did anyone see this because this is a big thing

I did and I personally don't give two ---- about stats

Nysic said:
Acceleration tiers are back according to GameFAQs, but at every full bar instead of 3/4.

Someone at the Mario Kart Wii forums did post this info. It seems that the acceleration tier rankings go as follows...

A: 5 - 5.75
B: 4 - 4.75
C: 3 - 3.75
D: 2 - 2.75
E: 1 - 1.75

However, there may have been reports of some acceleration differences between 1, 1.25, 1.5, and 1.75, along with 5, 5.25, 5.5, and 5.75.

Of course, the tier system can be rather questionable for certain combos, since the speed stat differences may play a factor if the acceleration stats are the same.

In fact, you might find that the Roller, Azure Roller, and Button wheels are more efficient than the Wood, Sponge, and Cushion wheels, especially once you look at the hidden stats. For an example...

7WpyMug.png

Nysic said:
I hope so. DLC needs to happen. Something more than unnecessary product placement.
Are you calling Mercades Benz cars and tires unnecessary?

You best not be calling it unnecessary.

Mio Akiyama said:
Nysic said:
I hope so. DLC needs to happen. Something more than unnecessary product placement.

You bet i'm calling it unnecessary

Mio Akiyama said:
Nysic said:
Mio Akiyama said:
Nysic said:

You bet i'm calling it unnecessary
Thems fighting words.
Yes, thems fighting words.

3D Player 2004 said:
Nysic said:
New Super Mario said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Sorry to the Bowser Jr fans but I have a gut feeling that the koopalings replaced him.
hahahahahaha

right.

Remember this, guys?

Yeah, I was correct.

No Pink Gold Peach replaced him. You're wrong.

Nysic said:

You mean...DLC that's not free like that STUPID STUPID product placement?

Nysic said:

"Unnecessary product placement" >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mario-enemy-based vehicles/gliders > Yoshi Bike.

okay i am fed up with this game's ai

for some reason i'm struggling to even get 1st in one race

i can't pass the cups anymore i just feel like i'm getting attacked by the ai and now matter how the race goes it always comes down to the last 5 seconds of it

This is 150cc and over right?

I don't really have a strategy of this other than get an early lead, get a good defensive item against red shells, and pray...honestly.

Acceleration is your friend in this situation, though you may not want your combo's top speed to be too low.

Baby Luigi said:
This is 150cc and over right?

I don't really have a strategy of this other than get an early lead, get a good defensive item against red shells, and pray...honestly.
yeah. the ai is basically absent in 50cc and isn't really too bad in 100cc

like, i really want to like this game, but the fact that its ai is so awful kills it for me. is it just as bad online?

i think a big problem is that the shells are faster and larger and the roads are smaller. so green shells cover a lot of ground in a short timespan. also, that there are 12 drivers in such a small lane, it's hard to stay ahead (especially with that piranha plant item... ugh)

Well once you pull ahead of everything, the AI doesn't rubberband too harshly. We and my sister conquered 150cc this way: we both got huge leads over the AI.

150cc is more like "can you take it up the ass before you've had enough mode" instead of actually trying to be a fun challenge. I swear the bananas and green shells have homing capabilities and it's the reason I got burned out of this game rather quickly. Even if you have a good lead, something retarded like getting lightninged over a pit, blue shelled, or red-shelled while you have a coin item happens too often. I've been fucked over too many times in the last rap of a race for it to be fun.

Magolor said:
150cc is more like "can you take it up the ass before you've had enough mode" instead of actually trying to be a fun challenge. I swear the bananas and green shells have homing capabilities and it's the reason I got burned out of this game rather quickly. Even if you have a good lead, something retarded like getting lightninged over a pit, blue shelled, or red-shelled while you have a coin item happens too often. I've been fucked over too many times in the last rap of a race for it to be fun.
Yeah, this is my problem. Especially with the number of flying portions and jumps in this game, plus the ability for red shells to travel in the air apparently, makes this really hard, because often i will be hit before/during a big jump and then lose a huge lead. I start playing and then just decided to play Wind Waker instead because it's too frustrating.

So that brings me to my other question, is online mode not as infuriating to play in? I haven't tried it yet, but if I can actually play it without feeling like the game is personally out to screw me over, there might be some redeeming value in this game.

Magolor said:
150cc is more like "can you take it up the ass before you've had enough mode" instead of actually trying to be a fun challenge. I swear the bananas and green shells have homing capabilities and it's the reason I got burned out of this game rather quickly. Even if you have a good lead, something retarded like getting lightninged over a pit, blue shelled, or red-shelled while you have a coin item happens too often. I've been *bleep*ed over too many times in the last rap of a race for it to be fun.
This *bleep* happens to me the most in the stupid Banana Cup.

I'm glad this is out of the way because I'm willing not touching this crap again.

Back