Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

3D Player 2004 said:
Pink Gold NEXandGBX said:
3D Player 2004 said:
The roster is so terrible, that Rosalina actually made in in my top half of liked characters in this game.
And that's a bad thing because?
Also, I bet I can guess your favorite character.
guess
:bowjr: or :daisy:

New Super Mario said:
ugh ammibo.

not excited at all
Complaining about something you don't even know what it does.

Seriously, it might not be some pay to win thing after all.

Recently got the game, only done some Time Trials and the Mushroom Cup.

I don't think the Coin is really that common, I only got it twice, granted I hold onto my items, but I only got it twice out of the items I have had. But man Lightening turns up a lot.

I can't count the amount of times I lost first place because I ended with coins instead of something to protect me from red shells.

Duskull said:
Recently got the game, only done some Time Trials and the Mushroom Cup.

I don't think the Coin is really that common, I only got it twice, granted I hold onto my items, but I only got it twice out of the items I have had. But man Lightening turns up a lot.
The Lightning disrupts the flow of the game. I hate it. That's what it's meant to do, but it does break the immersion nevertheless. I hate it.

The Coin is going to cause you grief at some point. I got it four times in a row in Donut Plains, and when I finally got a nonCoin item, it's at the end of the race. Meanwhile, I was honking the horn the whole way.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
The Coin is going to cause you grief at some point. I got it four times in a row in Donut Plains, and when I finally got a nonCoin item, it's at the end of the race. Meanwhile, I was honking the horn the whole way.
I've gotten it twice in a row, go Moo Moo Meadows.

Duskull said:

You haven't played enough. I got that f---ing damn item 5 times in a row one race

Baby Luigi said:
Duskull said:

You haven't played enough. I got that f---ing damn item 5 times in a row one race
I only started playing today, didn't have enough time to start it yesterday :(

Whatever happened with the announcement of amiibo figures being usable on Mario Kart 8??

relevant to the amiibo discussion:
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/230788-ign-nintendo-talks-amiibo-multiple-uses-new-sets-for-new-games-miis-continuing-after-3ds-wii-u
- take the Mario amiibo and use it in Smash Bros. and other games that Mario appears in
- use the Smash Bros. Mario figure in Mario Kart 8
- use the same Mario figure in Mario Party 10

- Nintendo is looking at having all of the figures usable across a lot of Nintendo titles
- the data within the Amiibo is split up between particular games and the basic info of what character the figurine is
- this is how data is stored in the figure
- the Smash Bros. Mario Amiibo will be act as a simple Mario figure in other games
- considering how they can implement Mii designs into an Amiibo
- Mr. Miyamoto already has an Amiibo based off his Mii
- considering custom Miis
- plan is to have an Amiibo for every Smash Bros. character
- probably won't prepare an Amiibo for every IP
- probably will prepare a more standard Mario family line of amiibo characters
- these could also work with Mario Party 10 or potentially with Mario Kart 8
- haven't decided what will happen when you put the Smash Bros. Star Fox amiibo on the GamePad yet
- Miyamoto wants an Arwing amiibo
- Amiibo designs have no size restrictions, so they could make giant ones
- planning for the Amiibo line to continue on after 3DS/Wii U to Nintendo's next platforms

so it looks like the smash ones won't just be smash exclusive, so that's pretty good. there's no way i would have bought all of them if they only worked with one game each.

how the f--- will the Smash Bros. Mario figure work in Mario Kart 8? Will he spawn in the game and try to take out the racers ala Mario Circuit from Brawl esque like combat?

GalacticPetey said:
They never said they were gonna show them at E3.

Yes, they did. Reggie said they were going to use it on a game we already had in our hands, and he said it was Mario Kart 8, even showing some seconds of gameplay (actually Luigi's Death Stare) and he said that they would talk about it later, which they didn't.

Anser said:
GalacticPetey said:
They never said they were gonna show them at E3.

Yes, they did. Reggie said they were going to use it on a game we already had in our hands, and he said it was Mario Kart 8, even showing some seconds of gameplay (actually Luigi's Death Stare) and he said that they would talk about it later, which they didn't.

"Later" doesn't specifically refer to the week of E3.

Woo, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm looking forward to the amiibo thing.

At least Amiibo isn't a money grab. They're completely optional, but the mechanic looks very fun. I'm getting a Marth figure to act as my rival, and Zero Suit Samus to fight with me and with other people.

Hotaru Tomoe said:
wow i suck at this game
maybe it'll be like mkw and i'll get really good after i've gotten used to the controls

I'm sure you will. When I went to the demo, I sucked. And in fact, I sucked the first 8 races or so until I began to get used to the controls.

I ran random tests and found out acceleration > speed. I put the fastest combo and the highest acceleration combo onto the longest straightaway I could think of (Mario Kart Stadium) and the acceleration combo won. I tested even more and found that speed differences are extremely minimal. Thus, my current main is Lemmy/Yoshi Bike/Azure Roller/Cloud Glider. However, since every bit of speed matters in Time Trials, you should still use Morton/Circuit Special/Slick or whatever.

Back