Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

wow, that's everywhere. I posted it in mindless junk yesterday so I thought you mistook it for that.

I think Sunshine Airport was a fairly weak stage. Dolphin Shoals is difficult, but I like it a lot. Electrodrome was also kind of lame. All the other tracks have been pretty good so far.

I've done 150cc Mushroom, Flower, Shell and Banana cups. I'm replaying Star Cup until I get that 3-star. I messed up on Mount Wario at the end.

my finger hurts from holding the gamepad. Like, really hurt from holding the gamepad. Drifting started being painful.

I think my hands need to get used to the layout but I have to stop playing for now because of it.

I would use the Pro Controller as well, but having the minimap is such an advantage...

I just use the Sports Bike and whatever wheels + gliders fit the character I'm using. I'm just swapping all the time to get all the stamps for playing as a character. I have Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Toadette, Baby Rosalina, :pgp: and Ludwig right now.

Pink Gold Peach was my first unlockable. The gods have blessed me.

Pink Gold Giga12 said:
I would use the Pro Controller as well, but having the minimap is such an advantage...

Do it like me:

-Pro Controller
-Placed the Gamepad on a tower of gameboxes, so that it's partially in your FOV when looking at the screen
-???
-Profit!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/465552/mario-kart-8-boosts-uk-wii-u-hardware-sales-666/

Apparently Mario Kart 8 sold consoles like hotcakes, though I'd like to know what exactly Nintendo earned that week.

The AI Rubberbands much harder than it does in 3DS and does it as much as in DS. I miss the Wii days without Rubberbanding.

3D Player 2004 said:
The AI Rubberbands much harder than it does in 3DS and does it as much as in DS. I miss the Wii days without Rubberbanding.

that's ridiculous: Wii has rubberband AI. all mario karts have rubberband AI

i'm still awaiting my copy of mario kart 8 :'( i did play this with a friend though and it was awesome

Good you probably wouldn't like this game anyways seeing as how fawful isn't in it
Also i've successfully won all of my online matches

Dreamy Fawful said:
I'm now afraid to play MK8, it's bricking some people's systems: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=229600

I found this out while checking out the Mario Kart thread at the Smash Boards. I guess this means that I'll have to avoid playing Mario Kart 8 until the matter is resolved; my Wii U is still fully functional at this time.

Also, here's an extra link to reference...

http://www.gonintendo.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=140101

Misty said:
I haven't experienced anything like that.

Even if you haven't experienced this bug, it's probably not a good idea to be pressing your luck with the game right now. This will basically be an opportunity to take advantage of the digital promotion until Nintendo develops a patch that resolves this console-bricking problem.

And to think that this game sold over millions of copies. This bug could prove to be very fatal to the buyers if it's not resolved.

Misty said:
It's probably really rare, though.

Still not worth the risk though. If this bug bricked one person's Wii U, it could happen to either one of us as well, if not both of us. I'm just fortunate that my Wii U was still functioning correctly when I found out about the bug.

Interestingly, Tropical Freeze had a glitch as well, but it wasn't one that could brick your Wii U system, as the glitch simply prevented you from advancing past a certain level for certain copies of the game; not all copies were affected. That glitch eventually got resolved with a patch.

MnSG said:
Misty said:
It's probably really rare, though.

Still not worth the risk though. If this bug bricked one person's Wii U, it could happen to either one of us as well, if not both of us. I'm just fortunate that my Wii U was still functioning correctly when I found out about the bug.

Interestingly, Tropical Freeze had a glitch as well, but it wasn't one that could brick your Wii U system, as the glitch simply prevented you from advancing past a certain level for certain copies of the game; not all copies were affected. That glitch eventually got resolved with a patch.
Interestingly, both my friends with Wii U's had that glitch. (EDIT: Yes, the Tropical Freeze one.)
-
I wanna play but I don't wanna get risky, so I emailed Nintendo. Since most of the cases involved Wii U's being bought close to or on launch, I asked 3 questions:
"-What is the most common triggering to this glitch from what you can find on the Internet or from what people have told you (Grand Prix, Time Trials, 100cc, Princess Peach, etc)?
-I bough my Wii U on June 1st. Is my Wii U safe?
-When do you expect to release a fix/patch for this glitch?"

I got my Wii U on Christmas 2012, so it's an older model. Of course, this still doesn't make me feel any better about this console-bricking bug, so I won't be playing Mario Kart 8 until Nintendo develops a patch for the game.

I'll probably take advantage of the digital promotion while this issue is being dealt with.

Back