Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Paladin said:
Good you probably wouldn't like this game anyways seeing as how fawful isn't in it
I wish people would stop teasing me about that, it's not something that makes me dislike the game. In fact I've been rather enjoying myself with it until I found out about this glitch.

MnSG said:
I got my Wii U on Christmas 2012, so it's an older model. Of course, this still doesn't make me feel any better about this console-bricking bug, so I won't be playing Mario Kart 8 until Nintendo develops a patch for the game.

I'll probably take advantage of the digital promotion while this issue is being dealt with.
I'm taking advantage of the Mario Kart 64 limited time offer for 250 Club Nintendo Coins, and the free game offer. I'll get Wii Party U.

I did some looking into it and found advice saying that if it gets stuck on the victory lap, don't reset, but restart your router. Apparently it's something to do with the system losing connection to wireless while writing data onto the Wii U. I don't use wireless, so I think i'm OK.

Magikrazy said:
I got my Wii U Christmas 2013. Am I safe?

I seriously doubt that the date you got it has anything to do with it, they just happened to get it near release.

Nysic said:
I did some looking into it and found advice saying that if it gets stuck on the victory lap, don't reset, but restart your router. Apparently it's something to do with the system losing connection to wireless while writing data onto the Wii U. I don't use wireless, so I think i'm OK.
Yeah, I saw that. Apparently, the real problem starts when you press the Home Button or turn it off.

EDIT: I told my brother that when I say, "It's not working, oh shoot, it's bricked," to restart our router. We work together as a team, and it's totally not because I'm lazy.

http://mariopartylegacy.com/2014/06/mario-kart-8-sells-1-2-million-over-the-release-weekend/

Apparently, MK8 has sold very well over the weekend.

I haven't had the game crash at all yet with the 27 hours of playing my physical copy or any issues for that matter, but I should refrain from playing it until the issue is addressed, it could be a problem solely with the NTSC-U version unless there are similar reports with other regional versions.

Maybe I should actually play Wind Waker HD for once.

I heard it's mostly a problem with the online of the game and that the firmware update today should've solved the problem. I haven't bothered touching the online yet, and don't plan to any time soon. My warranty for my Wii U is still good, though, since it died on me once when I was playing Pikmin 3 of all games and I had to send it in for repairs. Thankfully, it was back in less than a week thanks to living relatively close to where they send it for repairs. I guess I could replay Pikmin 3 (or finish Sonic Lost World) just to be safe, though....

Also, back on MK8....

That feel when you get the Super Horn during the beginning of the first lap.

>mfw i get 3 super horns during one race

herman_cain_grin__animated_gif_by_goodash03-d4ea7tn.gif

Supa Horrnnn said:
Turtle shell glitch.
Relevant: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACaU2yRrDDK0g

Magolor said:
I heard it's mostly a problem with the online of the game and that the firmware update today should've solved the problem. I haven't bothered touching the online yet, and don't plan to any time soon. My warranty for my Wii U is still good, though, since it died on me once when I was playing Pikmin 3 of all games and I had to send it in for repairs. Thankfully, it was back in less than a week thanks to living relatively close to where they send it for repairs. I guess I could replay Pikmin 3 (or finish Sonic Lost World) just to be safe, though....

If the issue is software-related only, then I really doubt that the hardware update will be enough to get rid of it. I'll just take advantage of the digital promotion until a patch is finally made.

Nysic said:
It's from the prima guide, apparently, so i'm guessing it's official
Then, I guess they should really fix their spelling before I stab my iPod with a knife.

So a while back I saw some people say they didn't enjoy Bone Dry Dunes. So I wasn't sure what to expect. Right now, I can safely say it's my favourite track in this game, by far. The rest are cool but this one is just tons of fun to drift corners around on, not too problematic if you get wrecked by items because it's easy to catch up and looks great to boot.

Also Sunshine airport is kind of a let down to be honest. It was nice the first time, but I raced on it a couple more times and it just doesn't really have anything that makes me like it. It's dull.

I also thought Rainbow Road was kickass, even if I think it's really easy to win on. Nothing about it is difficult aside from maybe having no fences (but if you know how to play then you shouldn't be hitting fences to begin with), but I still like it a lot.

Dolphin Shoals is probably the track I have most difficulty with, the pipe section always slows me down and I'm not entirely sure what the best course of action is there. Same with the eel, it seems like I'm not going very fast as I trick off it. Inside Drifting doesn't exactly help with some of the sharp turns either. I don't get sick of racing on it at all though, unlike some others (specifically one that comes before it in the star cup).

Also I really want the Yoshi Bike. It's got inside drifting and looks goofy. The only inside drifting bike I have is the default sports bike, any new one would be great but I don't know how long I'll have to wait until I unlock one.

Dolphin Shoals gets a lot of hate, but personally it's one of my favorites up there with Mount Wario and Bowser's Castle.

I honestly don't get how you found the Nitro Rainbow Road to be easy. It was the very first I had difficulty with the 5rd time over. Super Mario Kart got easier the 4th time over.
N64 Rainbow Road remake, however, was a piece of cake.

I'm just going to say right now Mario Kart 8 may already be my favorite of the series. I'm loving it so much.

My favorite track won't really be a surprise to you if you know me though. The remade N64 Rainbow Road is just pure bliss. <3

Hate the random unlocking thing though. I've been trying to get the Pipe Frame. I have 1400 coins and I still don't have it x(

Back