Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

I've now 3 stared all 50cc cups and 3 stared 3 100cc cups. I also now have our Pink Gold overlord, as well as everyone else. Blocking a Blue Shell with a Super Horn feels amazing, i've only gotten the Crazy 8 once though, and the Boomerang hasn't helped me too much, but it's still great. Also, SO MANY COIN ITEMS. Even when I have 10 coins, it just keeps appearing.

Nysic said:
I have the gold tires now. Now to start grinding to 10000 coins :(
It's not grinding if you're having fun!

Sorta. I wouldn't consider it grinding in Mario kart unless you weren't enjoying the game. Just because I played online in MK7 doesn't mean I was grinding for the gold parts.

Mio Akiyama said:
I guess they're consistent at least. I'm still calling it music park even if the game tells me it's melody motorway.

FYI, Melody Motorway (alliteration for the win) > Music Park (blandness)

I'm going to skip 50cc and go straight to 100cc.

6 more mirror cup left to 3 stars

I did special and lightning cup in mirror, it was awful

Roy saved me with his speed and turning

Pretty sure they're still Melody Motorway and Piranha Plant Pipeway here.

Also I think it's Bone Dry Runes here as well. It's possible that everyone is just reading it wrong (which would be amusing).

Anyway, earlier today I was playing and I hit someone with the boomerang and then it hit them again on the way back and now it is my favourite item.

And on a final note, I'm glad there's multiplayer GP because I've wanted it since forever. It also makes grinding coins a whole lot easier.

For the Gold Wheels, do you need to beat just the normal Staff Ghosts or the expert ones as well?

Also, from the comments, I literally just found out it's called Bone-Dry Dunes. Don't care, still calling it Bone-Dry Ruins anyways because Ruins is a better word than Dunes.

There aren't any expert staff ghosts as far as I am aware (and some of them I've beaten by over half a minute).

Pink Gold Fanta said:
There aren't any expert staff ghosts as far as I am aware (and some of them I've beaten by over half a minute).

The wiki says the contrary.

Cirdec said:
Pink Gold Fanta said:

The wiki says the contrary.

You'd think that by now we'd get the Expert Staff Ghost data if they existed. It seems to be false information, until someone finds out otherwise.

3D Player 2004 said:
I've dodged a Blue Shell with a Super Horn once.
I managed to get my free game though because of hackers or just plain lucky guessers, I lost out on 70 Club Nintendo Coins.

It was New Super Mario Bros U.
It was probably because of the maintenance thing

Icemario said:
Mio Akiyama said:
I guess they're consistent at least. I'm still calling it music park even if the game tells me it's melody motorway.

But it's just a mouthful.

Keep it simple, keep it the same.

Well, my parents decided to break the game. It was fun while it lasted. Luckily I still got the free game download.

Icemario said:
Mio Akiyama said:
I like that name better.

No-Face said:
Well, my parents decided to break the game. It was fun while it lasted. Luckily I still got the free game download.
Is this a metaphor, or did your game actually break?

well, they said they were going to break the game

i'm not sure if they physically tore it apart or broke it some other way, because i refused to watch

No-Face said:

That's rather cold if you asked me.

unfortunately, i can't find the disc or the box, so i have no actual evidence that it's destroyed, other than my father's word

why did they decide to do that?

whenever i get a game my parents are basically convinced that it turns me into a devil or something

so after a whole day of studying and doing homework i was kinda irritable so they're like "welp that's enough of you young man obviously the game is affecting the behavior" (even though i didn't play the game at all today. whatever) and so they told me they'd break it

apparently they told me sister they didn't throw it out but i still have no idea where the hell it is

Back