Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
But giving Mario Kart 8 7/10s and stuff? That sounds so harsh, especially if the bulk of the criticism is "it's the same thing".
They criticised Battle Mode because they replaced battle arenas with racetracks. Also they criticise online mode.

No-Face said:
i'm not looking forward to cloudtop cruise

i mean, it looks like a fine course, but it reminds me of the cloudtop course from super circuit and that theme just doesn't mix well with me

>not liking sky garden's music

:'(

EDIT: that is what you meant by theme, right? fuck im tired

Cecil Terwilliger said:
No-Face said:
i'm not looking forward to cloudtop cruise

i mean, it looks like a fine course, but it reminds me of the cloudtop course from super circuit and that theme just doesn't mix well with me

>not liking sky garden's music

:'(

EDIT: that is what you meant by theme, right? fuck im tired
no by theme i meant the whole sky getup. the white clouds with the vines just don't like me

Dry Troopa said:
Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
But giving Mario Kart 8 7/10s and stuff? That sounds so harsh, especially if the bulk of the criticism is "it's the same thing".
They criticised Battle Mode because they replaced battle arenas with racetracks. Also they criticise online mode.
Who cares about online... bleh... but I'm going to try out Battle Mode because replacing battle arenas with racetracks sounds whiny.

I very much prefer arenas over race-tracks but I'm actually intrigued by this new change in all honest regards

Baby Luigi said:
I very much prefer arenas over race-tracks but I'm actually intrigued by this new change in all honest regards

I'm sure once the Wii U's cracked, you two will be all over it.

Good news, UK gamers.

Nintendo UK teams up with E4 (Channel 4) to promote Mario Kart TV. That means your shared highlights from the game will be shown on TV (the real television).
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/nintendo_teams_up_with_e4_for_mario_kart_tv_promotion

Dry Troopa said:
Check out this Mario Kart 8 ('Shut up and Drive')- music video.

That is the only way I can tolerate Rihanna.

Pink Gold Giga12 said:
Baby Luigi said:

I'm sure once the Wii U's cracked, you two will be all over it.
I can't wait.

Nintendo really do want people snagging those Wii U's.

Am I the only one who's bothered that the MK8 ads on TV focus on the Boomerang Flower more than the anti gravity?

300px-Pink_Gold_Peach.png

WHAT

Marilith said:

270px-Baby_Rosalina-MK8.png

On a side note: yes, the hidden stats from Mario Kart 7 return, with added stat for Anti-Gravity speed and handling

Baby Luigi said:
These Mario Kart monstrosities...

I mean, for heaven's sake, did Nintendo not even think of Rosalina's story book? She had freaking red hair!
Logic...

She also didn't wear a crown in the storybook.

Sometimes you gotta wonder what the thinking process for selecting characters for this roster is.....

Baby Luigi said:
Sometimes you gotta wonder what the thinking process for selecting characters for this roster is.....
IKR? They added all the Koopalings but NOT BOWSER JR.?!?! I WANT MY BOWSER JR., I WANT MY--

But in all seriousness, replace that Mii spot with Bowser Jr. and make a buncha Mii costumes to take up space.

Oh well, at least we get Iggy...

I wouldn't remove my hopes for DLC. It does sound a bit odd that they left out Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Birdo, and King Boo, the veterans from Double Dash that made it into Mario Kart Wii.....

Not to mention that Birdo appears on a Women's Racing Organization sponsor in this game alongside the other playable female characters

Baby Luigi said:
I wouldn't remove my hopes for DLC. It does sound a bit odd that they left out Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Birdo, and King Boo, the veterans from Double Dash that made it into Mario Kart Wii.....

Not to mention that Birdo appears on a Women's Racing Organization sponsor in this game alongside the other playable female characters
Exactly. I was good at Diddy Kong, Birdo, and King Boo as well.
You know, I just realized they took out all my best characters from Wii. :-\
But we do get Lakitu, so I'm semi satisfied.

Okay, what? "Super Heavy" and "Super Light"? Really Nintendo?

Back