Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

The same DLC-centered conversation with the exact same expectations has yet again appeared here.

Honestly though, nobody complained about the smaller rosters of previous games, this one has the record of 30 and everyone want DLC. Super Mario Kart had 8 and no one complained.

I'm really more making note of the amount of veterans that were cut rather than the actual amount of characters, especially considering this game technically has more content than any previous game if you don't take into account original courses for Battle Mode. Point being that while I expect DLC to come eventually I won't necessarily be disappointed if it never comes around.

Yoshi's always been my go-to character so I've never had a problem when it comes to character rosters.

Лакитубыстро said:
The same DLC-centered conversation with the exact same expectations has yet again appeared here.

Honestly though, nobody complained about the smaller rosters of previous games, this one has the record of 30 and everyone want DLC. Super Mario Kart had 8 and no one complained.

Per this. Complaining about a roster on a racing game is bad.

Cirdec said:
Лакитубыстро said:

Some people are just sore losers when they don't see their characters make the cut. Though it is odd how Diddy got ignored, even though he is in Smash 4.

I'm more concerned about stages. Characters are second nature, since my main, Luigi, will always be in.

MnSG said:
Cirdec said:
Лакитубыстро said:

Some people are just sore losers when they don't see their characters make the cut. Though it is odd how Diddy got ignored, even though he is in Smash 4.

Diddy got Smash 4 so he can skip this one, we already have one Kong. This is Mario Kart 8, not Donkey Kong Kart 8.

Cirdec said:
Diddy got Smash 4 so he can skip this one, we already have one Kong. This is Mario Kart 8, not Donkey Kong Kart 8.

But still, it's just quite weird how Diddy was in the last two major console Mario Karts, only to be ditched for Mario Kart 8. This also applies to Bowser Jr., Birdo, and King Boo.

Does anybody else get the feeling the game was rushed? From the strange roster choices, to no new tracks for Battle Mode, it feels like Mario Kart 7's situation. Which makes sense, considering they're both being released as killer apps for a floundering system at its time.

Being rushed seems VERY ironic for a game that was in development since 2012, but I guess when the game only uses around 4.83 GB on your Wii U's hard drive, it makes you wonder if not enough content was implemented into the game. Tropical Freeze required over 11 GB of hard drive space after all.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
Here I stole it from Wayoshi's post from GameFAQs

http://kouryaku.dengeki.com/book/4-04-866750-0/4-04-866750-0.html

So much for everyone being treated equally in the stat total department then...
Why hide the stats in the first place? Scared they're gonna overwhelm potential new players?

Grow a pair, Nintendo.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Why hide the stats in the first place? Scared they're gonna overwhelm potential new players?

Grow a pair, Nintendo.

Nintendo wasn't afraid to reveal all the Mario Kart Wii stats though.

Лакитубыстро said:

Because, to put in context, the 8 character roster came from a game more than 10 years ago. Expectations have risen ever since Double Dash added characters.

MnSG said:
Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:

Grow a pair, Nintendo.

Nintendo wasn't afraid to reveal all the Mario Kart Wii stats though.
Except when you had Toad increasing drift stats marginally, although at least you can still tell. Slightly.

GUYS HOLD YOUR HATS! GET ANGRY! NINTENDO ACTUALLY LIED TO US.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-mario-kart-8

When it comes to performance, Nintendo has always aimed to deliver a rock-solid 60 frames per second with each home console Mario Kart and, aside from Mario Kart 64, it has always managed to achieve just that. There was never any doubt that Mario Kart 8 would fall right in line with the rest of the series but upon seeing it for ourselves we immediately noticed that something was amiss. During gameplay we experienced the regular appearance of duplicate frames manifesting as a constant but subtle stuttering effect. Upon analysis we determined that the game suffers from extended clusters in which a duplicate frame is displayed every 64 frames. What this ultimately means is that, during normal gameplay, Mario Kart 8 continually drops down to 59fps. This may not seem like a big deal - most will probably not notice it at all, and it has zero affect on playability - but it has a noticeable impact on image fluidity that mars what would otherwise be a perfectly consistent frame-rate. And for us at least, once it is seen, it can't really be unseen.

the game runs at 59 fps. 59 fps. One frame off. Corporate sell-outs! Pre-order cancelled because I will not take this slanderous debauchery.

This is a minor thing I won't notice; the article mostly praised the game's beauty anyway :P I'm not a perfectionist so it won't bother me.

I care about the dang racers and tracks. Oh yeah, and it's awesome orchestrated music.

Nah, I understood the joke. I just thought it wasn't really much of a joke so I responded in a boring way to compliment it.

I love the Koopalings, and i'm glad they're in the game, but I miss my Bowser Jr, King Boo, and Petey Piranha.

Nysic said:
I love the Koopalings, and i'm glad they're in the game, but I miss my Bowser Jr, King Boo, and Petey Piranha.
^^^^

Crackin355 said:
Nah, I understood the joke. I just thought it wasn't really much of a joke so I responded in a boring way to compliment it.

:P

I like how when it was 3 Kongs in MKW of the 26-player roster, people were like "Too many Kongs", but then there are all the Koopalings and Bowser of the 30 characters, and yet people are complaining about the amount of Babies.

Ulrich said:
Crackin355 said:

:P

I like how when it was 3 Kongs in MKW of the 26-player roster, people were like "Too many Kongs", but then there are all the Koopalings and Bowser of the 30 characters, and yet people are complaining about the amount of Babies.
It's sad that I find this funny and yet I complain about the babies.

Back