Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Dry Troopa said:
YoshiGo99 said:
I find this to be the funniest one out of all them.
^^^
BoGx5pLCIAAOdiM.png:large
OH MY GOD!!!

I'm using that bike because of its adorable factor.

Baby Luigi who's cute, will drive a cute little scooter, amplifying his cuteness

Wow, this thread is getting close to the Smash 4 thread in terms of posts. I wouldn't be surprised if it surpasses it.

Nysic said:
Wow, this thread is getting close to the Smash 4 thread in terms of posts. I wouldn't be surprised if it surpasses it.
For now. E3 will generate a ton of discussion as will when the game comes out.

Back on topic, I kinda like the reskins. I'm riding a different vehicle, but without changing my stat preference. Better than just using the same thing over and over, even if they have the same stats. For example, you could do this:

Roy/Flame Rider/Roller/Bowser Kite

And this:

Rosalina/Wild Wiggler/Button/MKTV Paraglider

And have the same stats.

EDIT: 666th post :evilgrin:

So, went up to the Mall today and went into GameStop, and they still had the demo going, so I decided to test it out.

I only did Electrodrome and Cloudtop Cruise because they are my two favorite courses, and after playing them, they still are. However, I sucked big time. I ended up accidentally selecting the bike that had the inside drifting (I'm not used to that), so that was fun, and god, it's been so long since I played a Mario Kart.

But yeah, definitely going to love the game!

Ulrich said:
So, went up to the Mall today and went into GameStop, and they still had the demo going, so I decided to test it out.

I only did Electrodrome and Cloudtop Cruise because they are my two favorite courses, and after playing them, they still are. However, I sucked big time. I ended up accidentally selecting the bike that had the inside drifting (I'm not used to that), so that was fun, and god, it's been so long since I played a Mario Kart.

But yeah, definitely going to love the game!

was it fast?

i'm not looking forward to cloudtop cruise

i mean, it looks like a fine course, but it reminds me of the cloudtop course from super circuit and that theme just doesn't mix well with me

No-Face said:

i mean, it looks like a fine course, but it reminds me of the cloudtop course from super circuit and that theme just doesn't mix well with me
Honestly don't see what all the hype is about.

Looking more forward to Sunshine Airport and Shy Guy Falls myself

New Super Mario said:
Honestly don't see what all the hype is about.

Heard it has some kind of Gusty Garden Galaxy music remix.

Didn't listen to the ost yet because I don't want to get spoilered :p

So the N-Zone (pretty much the only Nintendo-related gaming magazine in Germany) gave this game a 89/100, critizing the crappy battle mode and how you manually have to switch the wiimote from motion controls to button controls before each race in case you dnt want to use that (or you don have a wii u pro controller).

For comparison, MK7 got 94/100

No-Face said:

It's a great course. It's nothing like Sky Garden: you race through clouds, then into an airship which propels you into a cumulonimbus cloud where you're driving on a steel platform trying to get speed boosts while trying to avoid the lightning that hits the speed boosts. The music is pretty great too. Mario Kart 8 has a pretty damn great OST

FЯЕ4КШ0ЯГD said:
So the N-Zone (pretty much the only Nintendo-related gaming magazine in Germany) gave this game a 89/100, critizing the crappy battle mode and how you manually have to switch the wiimote from motion controls to button controls before each race in case you dnt want to use that (or you don have a wii u pro controller).

For comparison, MK7 got 94/100

That sounds like a nitpick to me. Battle mode isn't the main focus of the game and this manual switching shouldn't lower the score by about 10 points.

Baby Luigi said:
That sounds like a nitpick to me. Battle mode isn't the main focus of the game and this manual switching shouldn't lower the score by about 10 points.

Those were the only things they critzized though.

But yes, guess you're right.

screwattack given this game a 7 as well.

Of course, they get all harsh with Mario Kart, but with Super Mario Galaxy 2, they're all syrupy and everything.

Oh yes because comparing one game genre to another is absolutely reasonable and that ScrewAttack has one writer.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Super Mario Galaxy 2 probably more than anyone, but don't draw connections that aren't there

But giving Mario Kart 8 7/10s and stuff? That sounds so harsh, especially if the bulk of the criticism is "it's the same thing".

Just went back for the demo, and it's still running. I played on each track once except Cloudtop Cruise.

Out of those 8 they had in the demo, Sunshine Airport and Electrodrome are my favorites. Star Cup is awesome, as always.

Back