Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Baby Luigi said:
I wouldn't remove my hopes for DLC. It does sound a bit odd that they left out Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Birdo, and King Boo, the veterans from Double Dash that made it into Mario Kart Wii.....

Not to mention that Birdo appears on a Women's Racing Organization sponsor in this game alongside the other playable female characters

That is a really good point.

Maybe we will have 36 characters. I honestly would not mind DLC for this game if it was for the 6 characters. Hell, imagine if they did like they did for Mario Golf 3DS and added tracks along with each character(s). I would not be disappointed whatsoever.

Marilith said:
Exactly. I was good at Diddy Kong, Birdo, and King Boo as well.
You know, I just realized they took out all my best characters from Wii. :-\
But we do get Lakitu, so I'm semi satisfied.

Okay, what? "Super Heavy" and "Super Light"? Really Nintendo?

Yeah I understand how sucky that must feel. I go through this daily....

"Super Heavy" and "Super Light" are just names given to characters in a specific grouping. It's not an official weight class but it's hidden stat BS

Ulrich said:
Maybe we will have 36 characters. I honestly would not mind DLC for this game if it was for the 6 characters. Hell, imagine if they did like they did for Mario Golf 3DS and added tracks along with each character(s). I would not be disappointed whatsoever.

Yeah I think the roster is a bit lacking (no matters how much I actually like it-I love it ahem-) and I think 16 tracks is a bit outdated. A bit of DLC here and there could fix those problems.

Baby Luigi said:
Ulrich said:

Yeah I think the roster is a bit lacking (no matters how much I actually like it-I love it ahem-) and I think 16 tracks is a bit outdated. A bit of DLC here and there could fix those problems.
DLC characters would be sweet. Bowser Jr., Diddy, Birdo, King Boo...
I just hope they don't make some cheap DLCs like Gold Mario in the new Mario Golf game.

Well Gold Mario's purpose was to be that strong Golf guy and mirroring Shadow Mario and Metal Mario in the previous Mario Golf games. But I won't be surprised if they pull a Silver Luigi out of their ass for DLC >_>

Baby Luigi said:
Well Gold Mario's purpose was to be that strong Golf guy and mirroring Shadow Mario and Metal Mario in the previous Mario Golf games. But I won't be surprised if they pull a Silver Luigi out of their ass for DLC >_>
Well, they could at least make that Luigi clone cool. Make, like, Titanium Luigi or something Nintendo.

If we get DLC, I'd love to see Birdo, Diddy, Bowser Jr, King Boo, and Dry Bones. As for the sixth guy, I say bring on the Petey.

Godzilla said:
If we get DLC, I'd love to see Birdo, Diddy, Bowser Jr, King Boo, and Dry Bones. As for the sixth guy, I say bring on the Petey.
Petey would be sweet...

.o. DOWNLOADABLE CHARACTERS FROM THE SIDE SERIES!

We could get Dimentio, and Fawful, and for all I care Geno! :D

RPG characters have as much as a shot in these games as Mario Party exclusive characters

That is to say, nearly zero

Baby Luigi said:
RPG characters have as much as a shot in these games as Mario Party exclusive characters

That is to say, nearly zero
I can hope. :'(

Oh don't worry, you're not alone. :eek:

I wasn't surprised Wiggler didn't make it back in. Nor did Honey Queen.

The only characters that I was surprised by were the aforementioned. Especially Birdo.

Ulrich said:
Godzilla said:

No, Wiggler. I'm surprised Wiggler didn't make the cut this time around.
No Wiggler now. There is only Petey.

Baby Luigi said:
On a side note: yes, the hidden stats from Mario Kart 7 return, with added stat for Anti-Gravity speed and handling

May I ask how you found this out? It almost sounds like the vehicle parts that don't affect your combo's stats at all actually DO have stat differences.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
On a side note: yes, the hidden stats from Mario Kart 7 return, with added stat for Anti-Gravity speed and handling

May I ask how you found this out? It almost sounds like the vehicle parts that don't affect your combo's stats at all actually DO have stat differences.

Here I stole it from Wayoshi's post from GameFAQs

http://kouryaku.dengeki.com/book/4-04-866750-0/4-04-866750-0.html

Honestly I'd be lying if I said I exwasn'tpecting Bowser Jr. to not make the initial non-DLC cut after the Koopalings were announced. Especially seeing that the Koopalings took up 7 spots and that they don't have to be with Jr. where with the Koopalings if one of them is there then they all need to be.

But as for the other cut characters that became veterans after being in both Double Dash and Wii, I guess it was Nintendo's plan to have all the new characters in the initial game and then have at least some of those veterans be the DLC characters.

And probably Nabbit too but we will see. If there is going to be any DLC at all we will likely at least be informed that DLC is in development at E3.

SKmarioman said:
And probably Nabbit too but we will see. If there is going to be any DLC at all we will likely at least be informed that DLC is in development at E3.
Makes sense.

Baby Luigi said:
Here I stole it from Wayoshi's post from GameFAQs

http://kouryaku.dengeki.com/book/4-04-866750-0/4-04-866750-0.html

So much for everyone being treated equally in the stat total department then...

I wouldn't get my hopes up for DLC, but it does make sense, considering the Birdo signs and Diddy being listed as a racer in that magazine.

Petey/King Boo 4 DLC pls

MK8-_3DS_Music_Park.PNG

OHMERGAWD ITS HORRIFYING JUST LOOK AT IT OHMERGAWD WHY NINTENDO WHY

Pink Gold Giga12 said:
I don't see anything wrong with it.
It looks like it wants to murder you in it's sleep.

Oh, and was there a confirmation somewhere that there would be DLC? Because I really don't see it happening.

Back