Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

infinite8 said:
MnSG said:
Mario, Yoshi, Toad, Daisy, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Wario, Koopa Troopa, Waluigi, Toadette, Peach, and Bowser. I'm probably guessing that the characters that were available on the E3 2013 demo ARE the starting characters, while all the other confirmed characters - the babies, Rosalina, the Koopalings, Metal Mario, Shy Guy, Lakitu - are the unlockables.
So that means, the starting characters will be playable in the upcoming(rumoured) eShop demo.
Exactly where was that rumored?

Lakituilveloce said:
infinite8 said:
MnSG said:
Mario, Yoshi, Toad, Daisy, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Wario, Koopa Troopa, Waluigi, Toadette, Peach, and Bowser. I'm probably guessing that the characters that were available on the E3 2013 demo ARE the starting characters, while all the other confirmed characters - the babies, Rosalina, the Koopalings, Metal Mario, Shy Guy, Lakitu - are the unlockables.
So that means, the starting characters will be playable in the upcoming(rumoured) eShop demo.
????

Dry Troopa said:
Lakituilveloce said:
infinite8 said:
MnSG said:
????
You said the demo's were rumored. Where?

Dry Troopa said:
Here's what the Mario Kart 8 loading screen looks like.
mario_kart_8_loading_screen.jpg

It’s black and white-coloured with a right-to-left scrolling marquee at the bottom of the screen that displays some of the characters (default racers) as well as the text “MARIOKART.

If you unlocked any more, will it change?

Baby Luigi said:
If you unlocked any more, will it change?

I don't think so. The footage showed the characters that were revealed at and after the December 2013 Nitnendo Direct, but none of them were on the loading screen. I think the characters that were available during the E3 2013 event are the starting characters for this game.

I wouldn't rule out a hidden row though. I don't see why they WON'T return King Boo or Dry Bones.

Baby Luigi said:
I wouldn't rule out a hidden row though. I don't see why they WON'T return King Boo or Dry Bones.

That is true, but even then Petey still has low chances.

Oh yeah by the way if Funky returns I'll gouge out my eyes.

There is a rumour that Mario Kart 8 will include voice chat according to eShop description.
source: http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-kart-8-to-include-game-chat/

EDIT: Online, Mario Kart TV and game chat would feature in the next trailer/Nintendo Direct

Dry Troopa said:
There is a rumour that Mario Kart 8 will include voice chat according to eShop description.
source: http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-kart-8-to-include-game-chat/

Yes please,

also the game doesn't even have a page in the european eShop yet.

eShop Details
Source: Nintendo eShop (North America)

Game Size (digital download version): 4949.8 MB

Nintendo eShop description:
Feel the rush as your kart rockets across the ceiling! Race upside-down and along walls on anti-gravity tracks in the most action-fueled Mario KartTM game yet! Take on racers across the globe and share videos of your greatest moments via Mario Kart TV.

Supported controllers
-Wii U Gamepad
-Wii U Pro Controller
-Wii Remote Plus
-Wii Remote
-Wii Remote Plus + Nunchuk
-Wii Remote + Nunchuk
-Wii Remote + Classic Controller Pro

Supports Online Play
-Local Multiplayer
-Online Multiplayer
-Leaderboards
-Miiverse
-Game Chat

To add more HYPE,
tumblr_n4sxrgYszy1sle1hbo2_1280.png

tumblr_n4sxrgYszy1sle1hbo1_1280.png

If there's one month left I don't really care if there is a demo or not. One month isn't that long of a wait.

Dry Troopa said:
eShop Details

Feel the rush as your kart rockets across the ceiling! Race upside-down and along walls on anti-gravity tracks in the most action-fueled Mario KartTM game yet! Take on racers across the globe and share videos of your greatest moments via Mario Kart TV.

Supported controllers
-Wii U Gamepad
-Wii U Pro Controller
-Wii Remote Plus
-Wii Remote
-Wii Remote + Nunchuk

Supports Online Play
-Local Multiplayer
-Online Multiplayer
-Leaderboards
-Miiverse
-Game Chat

To add more HYPE,
tumblr_n4sxrgYszy1sle1hbo2_1280.png

tumblr_n4sxrgYszy1sle1hbo1_1280.png
Thanks for the info!

Dry Troopa said:
eShop Details

Supported controllers
-Wii U Gamepad
-Wii U Pro Controller
-Wii Remote Plus
-Wii Remote
-Wii Remote + Nunchuk

Supports Online Play
-Local Multiplayer
-Online Multiplayer
-Leaderboards
-Miiverse
-Game Chat

More Details

Supported Functions
-Supports Off-TV Play
-Supports Online Play
-Supported Resolutions: 480i, 480p, 1080i, 720p, 1080p

Mii support
- user data,
- as playable characters?

Dry Troopa said:
PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
1 month left...

I really hope there is a demo. Has it been confirmed yet?
Yes (confirmed by Nintendo reps at WonderCon), but I'm not sure when.
I literally asked that a few posts above that and then you didn't know what I was talking about. Really.

So the game only uses around 4.83 GB on the Wii U hard drive? That's a lot less than I was expecting, seeing as Tropical Freeze used over 11 GB.

I am laughing so hard right now. Baby Rosalina didn't bother me (to be honest, neither of them do) but Bronze/Metal Peach is so ridiculous it hurts. This just put a big goofy smile on my face, I think it's because I know the reaction will be bad and I can watch everyone get angry.

'Metal Mario was used a lot in MK7, they must want more!'

Rainbow Road looks miles better than the MK7 one, Bowser's Castle is awesome, NDS Wario Stadium looks to be a Retro Course and that level that starts in the MKTV thing and takes you down a mountain in a way that kind of reminds me of snowboarding looks amazing.

But seriously, metal peach master race.

That was entertaining. I am not disappointed in the slightest.

Back