Far-Fetched Suggestions for the next SSB Game...

I also think Bowser is a cartoon character who is able to take liberties in his size without sacrificing his character. Ridley doesn't have that sort of flexibility. If Ridley shrinks, it'll compromise on his personality. I've seen Ridley mods, which were fine and dandy, but Ridley is usually huge and takes up a lot of space. He's just better as a boss, in my opinion. I think Sakurai's exclusion of Ridley is a good call unless they can craft a moveset that fits for giant characters without making them suck or overpowered.

Zae Eildus said:
SuperDoom said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
Last time I checked, Bowser wasn't riding a Koopa Clown Car.
So? Would you rather me use Ganon from LttP?

point is your image and argument holds no ground since you made bowser much smaller in ridley without the clown car. Also in lttp ganon is much smaller then ridley in super metroid, honestly if you were to use a good ridley comparison you would have used metroid 1 instead.
I was originally gonna do that, only problem is I can't get to Ridley...

LeftyGreenMario said:
I also think Bowser is a cartoon character who is able to take liberties in his size without sacrificing his character. Ridley doesn't have that sort of flexibility. If Ridley shrinks, it'll compromise on his personality. I've seen Ridley mods, which were fine and dandy, but Ridley is usually huge and takes up a lot of space. He's just better as a boss, in my opinion. I think Sakurai's exclusion of Ridley is a good call unless they can craft a moveset that fits for giant characters without making them suck or overpowered.
They did it with :bowser:, Charizard, :dk:, and to an extent, :wario:

PMPeachAlt.png

Peach getting this alternate costume.

CFj83_vWAAAQiB1.png

Peach becoming Pink Gold Peach upon using a Metal Box.

I know these can be achieved with mods, but I would still like them to be done without them.

SuperDoom said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
They did it with :bowser:, Charizard, :dk:, and to an extent, :wario:

No, they didn't at all.

Bowser is typically not much taller than Mario, same with Donkey Kong, same with Wario.

Something I'd like to see implemented in future installments is giving each character a unique victory theme. This video is full of good suggestions.

Just something to add variety.

Smash 4's file layout makes it possible to do it. Every character gets a unique victory theme, and what you're hearing is actually copies of them, but they're technically separate files, not shared like in Brawl.

What I like is to make each fanfare full-length songs too. :)

LeftyGreenMario said:
Smash 4's file layout makes it possible to do it. Every character gets a unique victory theme, and what you're hearing is actually copies of them, but they're technically separate files, not shared like in Brawl.

What I like is to make each fanfare full-length songs too. :)
Forgive my limited programming knowledge but this sounds inefficient. It may be minimal but creating duplicate files would take up space, wouldn't it? Maybe they planned for unique themes at one point but that plan fell through.

Not a programmer either, just pointing out. Yeah, I have no clue why there are duplicates of songs this time yes, they DO take up space, like 10.1 MB, or 3.5 minutes worth of duplicate songs (going by 3 minutes of .brstm / .nus3bank songs). And also, I think you can give Dr. Mario and Rosalina their own series icon without having to severely alter the makeup of some .bin file or replace any series logos. I suppose they planned for unique themes for everyone. In the meantime, it makes modders like me really happy.

Hell, do you know you can create 16 additional slots and put 16 unique voice packs per slot? Hell, why can't EVERYONE get 16 slots? While you can mod the game to have more than 16 slots, the game gets crazy after 16.

If only they went a step further and you can program one-slot victory theme mods.

Will it be a boss in a crane-like stage filled with LGMs?

What kind of claw are we talking? A crab claw, a bird claw, or a crane claw?

A big meaty claw

It'll be the revenge of the Koopa Klaw for being cut.

what nintendo/third party game is giant mechanical claw even from
Who cares? It's a giant claw!
(My autosuggestion is now suggesting claw whenever I type giant, because of how much I've done this.)

Back