Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Zae said:
MnSG said:
Gage42 said:
i am going to kill dialga with a clefairy

I don't think that an immunity to Dragon-type attacks can save Clefairy from a Dialga Aura Sphere by any means. This also applies to Palkia and Giratina as well.

Likewise, Garchomp can use Earthquake to murder the weaker Fairy-types as well.

I will wonder, however, if there will be an ability that's similar to Scrappy, but it instead ignores the Fairy-type's immunities. Maybe something like...

Dragon Pride: The Pokemon's offensive attacks are not affected by type immunities.

i hope not, that'd be silly.

Hell that would make the game even more broken.

Yeah when you think it over, my ability input would be quite overpowered if the Pokemon has access to any attack that has a type immunity disadvantage. Of course, it wouldn't bypass abilities like with Mold Breaker.

Maybe to fix up the ability to be more fair...

Dragon Pride: Enables Dragon-type attacks to hit Fairy-type Pokemon.

Mario4Ever said:
SKmarioman said:
Of course I just had to completely miss Gen 5.

You didn't miss much.

That's a relief. I kinda gave up on Pokemon though I'm still interested in the news.

you missed DNA splicing, a castle that destroys the Pokemon league, some sexy-ass short shorts, a large freezeray shooting airship, a place that looks like New York, an emo kid who can talk to Pokemon, and Genesect. Not much else happened.

Radagast the Brown said:
you missed DNA splicing, a castle that destroys the Pokemon league, some sexy-ass short shorts, a large freezeray shooting airship, a place that looks like New York, an emo kid who can talk to Pokemon, and Genesect. Not much else happened.

A lot has happened then. Of course, I waited until Black 2 and White 2 before playing any 5th generation titles.

i liked all the gens
but seriously, imagine a clefairy actually competing with a dialga or dragonite. hard to imagine, isn't it?

Cirdec said:
SKmarioman said:
So anyway, apparently you can only transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 to X & Y and not Gen 4 despite being on the same system. Of course I just had to completely miss Gen 5.

Well, this is a fine pickle.

Anyway you can transfer from Gen 4 to Gen 5 with two DS/3DS.
What I meant is that I don't have any Gen 5 game so it's not like I can transfer from Gen 4 to 5 then to 6.

Sounds an awful lot like a tactic to sell more copies of Black & White/2.

Anser said:
What are you guys talking about, Gen 5 was awesome.
It actually was, I was just pointing out the epic points of the game for me.

In all reality, all the Pokemon games are fun as fuck for me. I've still got my ranking here, which was modified as the games came out.

My favourite generation HAS to be Generation III. The only thing I thought could be a little better was the region as a whole, didn't really seem up to snuff, but it was alright. I loved the gameplay, some of the locations, such as Mt. Chimney, Meteor Falls, and all of Team Aqua's and Team Magma's hideouts just screamed "epic game". A lot of the Pokemon were fantastic additions to the main Pokedex overall, like the starters, the Regi Trio, Salamence's line, Mightyena's line, the Legendaries, etc., with really good looking designs and a nice way of getting some Pokemon through different types of evolution. And Absol, dude, fucking absol. Loved the storyline, too.

So Generation III keeps a firm spot at number 1

Generation IV is another good generation for me, some of the region could have been better, but I thought it really picked in platinum, where it introduced quite a few locations for you to explore properly. The starter pokemon were of a good design, but unlike Generation III, it sort of lacked that "MMPH" factor that made Generation III really fun for me to play. The Legendaries were fantastic, especially how they introduced the "God of all Pokemon" which, in my opinion, brought quite a lot of the other lore together in different generations. I liked the introduction of the King of the Regis, Regigigas, and I also really liked Rotom, among other Pokemon. It introduced Lucario, the badass fighting/Aura Pokemon, probably my favourite in this generation. The playability was fun, really fit into the storyline well, some fun side stories, I liked the introduction of the Poketch, found that fun to find different apps and shit for that one. I had to put it at second place.

Generation V. That's right, at the moment, it's going in numerical order. But as you can see, no mention of the first two generations at the moment. Generation V was very good in some places, but was extremely lacking in some, such as the region. I didn't like the whole idea of version exclusive locations, that really bothered me. This game also had a massive lack in places you can go, but thankfully that was fixed in Black 2/White 2, which pretty much kept this place at number 3. I liked how the region was modelled around one of America's greatest cities, Gotham City. Haha, I know it's based around New York, but Gotham City is based around New York too so I thought I would make that reference. Let's continue. The Pokemon looked good, no doubt about that. I especially liked the Legendaries (hardehardehar, Neptune likes the Legendaries AGAIN) which I know is repetitive for me, but come on, the Legendaries have to be some of the best Pokemon in any game. Then there's Zoroark, probably my favourite Pokemon of this generation. The storyline was a bit naff for the first two games, but the second two sort of made it better, bringing back the whole "two faction" teams we saw in Generation III. One of the characters I really couldn't be bothered with is N. Something about him was just SO aggravating, I can't really put my finger on it. It'll come back to me. Overall, some of the characters could do with a dust over. My honest opinion. Generation V sticks a place at Number 3.

Generation I, the start off for the series, obviously has put a lot of good ideas into the series. Since it was the start, however, it was very, very basic. The region itself was fun, I liked exploring the region for the first time, seeing what the very first region was all about. It was also good how they introduced a bunch of other islands down the bottom of the main region for you to explore with ease, though these weren't introduced in the first games. I liked some of the Pokemon, such as Rhydon's line, Golem's line, the starter Pokemon, Pidgeot's line, Gengar's line, but none of the Pokemon hold a candle to the legendary Pokemon. Heck, they introduced the most powerful Pokemon of all time, and the ancestor of all Pokemon, among a flock of crazy ass birds. I also think Lapras was a good introduction, sort of one of my favourite Pokemon so far. Some of the Pokemon literally made me go "what the fuck?!" at the sight of them. Jinx, man, I mean what the fuck, it's like they were predicting Nicki Minaj. Like I said above, the storyline was rather basic. It involved you hunting down a team of no good people who wanted to steal all Pokemon. They were pretty weak as a team, but still very memorable. It maintains its position at number 4.

I did like generation II, but the main problem with it was that it didn't introduce much, story wise. You're fighting the same team you were in the previous game, starting your adventure the same way as you did in the previous game, catching basically the same Pokemon you did in the previous game, and fighting the same Pokemon league you were in the previous game. I do wish they could have showed us a different team other than Team rocket for a change, since the only difference is that they're not being ruled over by one guy, but by several. Which doesn't make much sense to me, did the team just get easier to defeat? Surely they would have learned from their mistakes from the last time. I didn't mind the fact that you got to revisit Kanto as much, since they did change a few things about it, but they still had you going around, beating the same gym leaders as you did in the previous game. The only change was from Giovanni to Blue, which made sense, considering Giovanni's gone into hiding to avoid the police. I also liked some of e newer locations, even if most of them did mirror what had already been seen in the previous games. Mt. Silver was a good introduction, where you got to battle the previous Player character and his absurdly powerful team. Then you got to see those towers around the Johto region which related to the Lore of the Pokemon universe, which later all came into fruition with the later games.

Now we all know that Generation II introduced a bunch of new gameplay mechanics, such as the moving sprites during battles, the day-night clock, the calling characters function, etc., but in my eyes, it was a pretty weak generation, mainly due to the fact that it didn't introduce much, story wise.

That's that then. It's likely to change the positions of some of these as the new generation comes out, but unless it introduces something incredibly groundbreaking, I can't really see my top spot being budged anytime soon.

More information has been revealed. From Serebii:

Serebii said:
In The Games Department
Pokémon X & Y - English Names & Screenshots

Following their reveal over the last few days, The Pokémon Company has sent out a press release giving out various details and localisations on the recently revealed Pokémon. The details are as follows.

First are the starters. Chespin's evolution, Hariboogu is to be called Quilladin. Fennekin's evolution, Teerunaa , is to be called Braixen and Froakie's evolution, Gekogashira, is to be called Frogadier
Next are the fossil Pokémon. Chigorasu is to be called Tyrunt while its ability, Strong Jaw, retains its name. Next, Amarusu is to be called Amaura while its ability, is called Refrigerate. Tyrunt is obtained with the Jaw Fossil and Amaura with the Sail Fossil
The customisable dog Pokémon, Torimian is to be called Furfrou while its ability Fur Coat retains its name. Its move, Baby Doll Eyes whichmoves first and lowers the opponent's Attack. The process to customise it is called Trimming
The cat Pokémon, Nyaonikusu is to be called Meowstic.
Mega Mewtwo X has an increased Attack stat. Mega Garchomp has an increased Attack and Special Attack stat, but its Speed stat is decreased
Pyroar has a female form
The Team Flare admins are: The purple-haired woman is Celosia, the orange-haired woman is Aliana, the green-haired woman is Bryony, and the blue-haired woman is Mable. The final one of the lot is a man called Xerosic, whose red goggles and hair make quite an impression. The actress Karune is to be called Diantha.
The Global Link will have a mobile friendly version. Season 1 of the Ranked Matches will be done with Single Battles using only Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex and runs from December
Some more changes regarding types have been announced; Ghost types are no longer affected by moves that prevent fleeing such as Mean Look. Grass Pokémon can't be seeded or affected by moves such as SleepPowder or Stun Spore. Electric types can no longer be Paralysed
You can also record 10 second videos at the Trainer PR Studio

I guess I'm okay with Grass types being immune to spore moves, but it's a huge HELL NO to Electric types being immune to paralysis from me. Electric types tend to be very fast (Raichu, Zapdos, Jolteon, Manectric, etc) and the most effective way to stop them is to paralyze them. I'm really against that. Ghost types being immune to flee-stopping moves is meh.

Electric type being immune to paralysis doesn't make as much as sense to Fire types being immune to burning and Poison types immune to poison. In reality, paralyzing, by far, is not an electric exclusive thing. I mean how can electric types not get paralyzed by Body Slam or something?

I have a question about Ghost types being able to flee: does that mean they can switch out on Shadow Tag or Metal Pull without use of a Shed Shell?

Yeah, I was wondering if that allowed them to switch out/flee from Pokemon with Shadow Tag and Arena Trap as their abilities.

Also, here's the male and female forms of Meowstic (can't tell which is which, though) and Pyroar as well as the forms of Furfrou.
forms-610x414.jpg

Baby Luigi said:
Electric type being immune to paralysis doesn't make as much as sense to Fire types being immune to burning and Poison types immune to poison. In reality, paralyzing, by far, is not an electric exclusive thing. I mean how can electric types not get paralyzed by Body Slam or something?

I have a question about Ghost types being able to flee: does that mean they can switch out on Shadow Tag or Metal Pull without use of a Shed Shell?

Yeah, I agree that Electric types should be immune to paralysis coming from electric moves (Thunder Wave, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Fang, ThunderPunch and Zap Cannon) but they should definitely be able to be paralyzed from non-electric moves like Stun Spore, Glare, Body Slam, DragonBreath, Tri Attack, etc.

A more clear version of the type match-ups and the notes on these:

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/art/Type-Matchup_chart_EN.pdf

- Electric types being immune to Paralysis... Well, Paralysis is a very handy status element, especially against speedy Pokemon, and Electric types are generally fast (the only slow one that comes to my mind is the Ampharos evolutionary line), so this is a huge buff for them...

- Grass types being immune to Poisonpowder, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore and Spore (Leech Seed immunity still remains though) is a pretty big change for them, and now Pokemon that can make these moves work well are a bit more easier to face.
...Especially my Breloom. Oh boy. ;__;
Well, they won't be so F***ed up with their many weaknesses anymore when they're resistant to these moves LOL

- Ghost types unable to be trapped... Gengar will prevail even more once again. Oh boy. This means they're also safer to switch in against pokemon with Shadow Tag, so I'm guessing Wobbufett, Gothitelle and Chandelure will be nerfed quite a bit as well. =P

- Steel no longer resists Ghost/Dark, so now Pokemon like Metagross, Jirachi and Bronzong have been nerfed.

Any other notes about other types have already been established LOL

I still find it odd how Ice isn't super effective against Water though. :P

So I was talking with my two brothers about this game. We're each gonna get a different Kalos and Kanto starter in the game. We tried to od something like this in BW2, but both my brothers picked Snivy and I picked Tepig. Now no one gets an Oshawott.

Anyway, I'll be getting Froakie and Bulbasaur
One of my brothers is getting Chespin and Charmander
The other brother is getting Fennekin and Squirtle.

If I was even hypothetically getting the game, I'd choose Fennekin and Squirtle as starters

I plan on Y being my first Pokemon game. I mean, my cousin gave me Diamond and I got Emerald off of eBay, but I plan on keeping up with all the event mans and everything.

I don't know if I'm getting Fennekin or Froakie, or Charmander or Squirtle... D: Chespin and Bulbasaur are discarded by default.

Back