Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

perhaps they haven't changed it at all

mothafuckin poodle pokeman

also fairies are weak and not-very effective against poison types, I am finally in paradise

Crocodile Dippy said:
mothafuckin poodle pokeman

also fairies are weak and not-very effective against poison types, I am finally in paradise

my sentiments exactly.

So... Mega-Garchomp and another Mega-Mewtwo were spotted on the cover of CoroCoro. Opinions, anyone?

New image reveals the first evolutions to the Kalos starters.

corocoro9139.jpg

Have to admit, Chespin's evolution seems rather... weird and funny. Fennekin's doesn't really impress me at all, but Froakie. Oh man Froakie's evolution looks awesome.

Also, as previously mentioned, Mega Mewtwo and Mega Garchomp. The previously revealed Mega Mewtwo is now revealed to be completely exclusive to Pokemon Y, and this new one is completely exclusive to Pokemon X. Here's Mega Mewtwo, Mega Garchomp, and the newly revealed Pokemon:

corocoro9133.jpg

corocoro9134.jpg

corocoro9137.jpg

From Serebii:

Serebii said:
The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information on the upcoming games Pokémon X & Y. We have the cover that showcases a new Mega Evolution of Mewtwo as well as Mega Garchomp in the bottom right
The middle starter evolutions have also been revealed. First is Hariboogu (ハリボーグ), Chespin's evolution. It is pure Grass-type and knows the move Mud Shot. Next is Fennekin's evolution, Teerunaa (テールナー) which is pure Fire-type. It knows the move Psycho Cut and finally is Froakie's evolution, Gerogashira (ゲロガシラ) which is pure Water-type and knows Bounce
It lists two fossil Pokémon, Chigorasu (チゴラス) which is Rock/Dragon T-Rex which has a new ability 'Hard Jaw' that increases attack power of biting moves and knows Crunch, and Amarusu (アマルス) which is Rock/Ice Diplodocus which has a new ability called Freeze Skin which turns Normal type moves into Ice-type moves and raises their power. It knows Aurora Beam
There is a white dog called Torimian (トリミアン) which is the Pokémon from the Pokémon Direct and is a Normal-type It has a new ability called Fure Coat which reduces Physical Damage. You can also customise its appearance
Finally, the Psychic-type cat called Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) which has male and female appearances. Male is on the right, Female is on the left in the third picture below. movepool varies by gender. The male is more of a supporter while the female is more of an attacker with, female Nyaonikusu knowing Extrasensory and male knowing Miracle Eye. It has Keen Eye or Infiltrator
He also listed the Fairy-type chart. According to this, Fairy is Super Effective on Fighting, Dark and Dragon and not effective on Fire, Poison or Steel. It also states that it is weak to Poison and Steel while resists Fighting, Dark and Bug. It is immune to Dragon.
The new Mega Evolution of Mewtwo is exclusive to X and is called Mega Mewtwo X. It is Psychic/Fighting-type and has the ability Steadfast. The previous Mega Mewtwo is Mega Mewtwo Y and is exclusive to Pokémon Y. They use the items Mewtwonite X & Mewtwonite Y to Mega Evolve. Mega Garchomp has the ability Sandforce
10:53: Change your hair and clothes at a Boutique and Salon, reflected in the graphics, with a famous actress called Karune. Team Flare has five scientists, Kuseroshiki, Momiji, Bara, Akebi, Corea
11:06: According to the leaker, Steel has lost its resistance to Dark and Ghost. Like the rest of this information this is unconfirmed until we get a picture.
11:56: Re-organised for easier readability
12:34: The actress Karena is a trainer you will also have the ability of battling. Team Flare are looking to create a beautiful world.
13:25: Created our special Type Chart to match the new type matchup
10:45: In addition to this, some anime details were shown. Mega Blaziken was shown on the new anime poster, alongside Clemont and a new female. Like the above, this isn't 100% confirmed but comes from the same person as the cover, so don't count it as 100% confirmed yet

EDIT: messed up the spoiler, sorry about that

FUKKIN KNEW IT BABY

FUKKIN KNEW FROAKIE'S EVO WOULD BE THE BEST

and i think i'm gonna bitch out and buy X, mewtwo looks so much better in that form than the other one

btw, garchomp's another Pokemon on that list that GP posted a few pages back that's getting a mega form

I'm starting to think that list is real

Dean Winchester said:
New image reveals the first evolutions to the Kalos starters.

corocoro9139.jpg

Have to admit, Chespin's evolution seems rather... weird and funny. Fennekin's doesn't really impress me at all, but Froakie. Oh man Froakie's evolution looks awesome.

Fennekin's evolution really surprises me, but actually I like it. I am waiting on final evolutions to choose the starter but if Fennekin final one looks like that then I will maybe choose him.

Dean Winchester said:
Also, as previously mentioned, Mega Mewtwo and Mega Garchomp. The previously revealed Mega Mewtwo is now revealed to be completely exclusive to Pokemon Y, and this new one is completely exclusive to Pokemon X. Here's Mega Mewtwo, Mega Garchomp, and the newly revealed Pokemon:

corocoro9133.jpg

corocoro9134.jpg

corocoro9137.jpg

Mewtwo X is weird for me, but anyway I was going to take Y because I prefer Yveltal.

Dean Winchester said:
From Serebii:

Serebii said:
The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information on the upcoming games Pokémon X & Y. We have the cover that showcases a new Mega Evolution of Mewtwo as well as Mega Garchomp in the bottom right
The middle starter evolutions have also been revealed. First is Hariboogu (ハリボーグ), Chespin's evolution. It is pure Grass-type and knows the move Mud Shot. Next is Fennekin's evolution, Teerunaa (テールナー) which is pure Fire-type. It knows the move Psycho Cut and finally is Froakie's evolution, Gerogashira (ゲロガシラ) which is pure Water-type and knows Bounce
It lists two fossil Pokémon, Chigorasu (チゴラス) which is Rock/Dragon T-Rex which has a new ability 'Hard Jaw' that increases attack power of biting moves and knows Crunch, and Amarusu (アマルス) which is Rock/Ice Diplodocus which has a new ability called Freeze Skin which turns Normal type moves into Ice-type moves and raises their power. It knows Aurora Beam
There is a white dog called Torimian (トリミアン) which is the Pokémon from the Pokémon Direct and is a Normal-type It has a new ability called Fure Coat which reduces Physical Damage. You can also customise its appearance
Finally, the Psychic-type cat called Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) which has male and female appearances. Male is on the right, Female is on the left in the third picture below. movepool varies by gender. The male is more of a supporter while the female is more of an attacker with, female Nyaonikusu knowing Extrasensory and male knowing Miracle Eye. It has Keen Eye or Infiltrator
He also listed the Fairy-type chart. According to this, Fairy is Super Effective on Fighting, Dark and Dragon and not effective on Fire, Poison or Steel. It also states that it is weak to Poison and Steel while resists Fighting, Dark and Bug. It is immune to Dragon.
The new Mega Evolution of Mewtwo is exclusive to X and is called Mega Mewtwo X. It is Psychic/Fighting-type and has the ability Steadfast. The previous Mega Mewtwo is Mega Mewtwo Y and is exclusive to Pokémon Y. They use the items Mewtwonite X & Mewtwonite Y to Mega Evolve. Mega Garchomp has the ability Sandforce
10:53: Change your hair and clothes at a Boutique and Salon, reflected in the graphics, with a famous actress called Karune. Team Flare has five scientists, Kuseroshiki, Momiji, Bara, Akebi, Corea
11:06: According to the leaker, Steel has lost its resistance to Dark and Ghost. Like the rest of this information this is unconfirmed until we get a picture.
11:56: Re-organised for easier readability
12:34: The actress Karena is a trainer you will also have the ability of battling. Team Flare are looking to create a beautiful world.
13:25: Created our special Type Chart to match the new type matchup
10:45: In addition to this, some anime details were shown. Mega Blaziken was shown on the new anime poster, alongside Clemont and a new female. Like the above, this isn't 100% confirmed but comes from the same person as the cover, so don't count it as 100% confirmed yet[/spoiler]
Good to know Poison resist Fairy, but also Dark received a huge buff because it does normal damage to Steel.
Also Fairy being immune to Dragon is a good thing in my opinion.

maybe I'll get both actually, xerneas doesn't really hold much of a candle to yveltal, but then again I prefer mewtwo x over mewtwo y

I think my clear choice has to be x, really, though xerneas isn't really in my books, large stag guy, call him Bambi, badass right there

fennekin's new evolution seems to be on it's hind legs...as if it were going to...punch...wink wink nudge nudge hint hint

Radagast the Brown said:
fennekin's new evolution seems to be on it's hind legs...as if it were going to...punch...wink wink nudge nudge hint hint

Anything but a Fire/Fighting type again.

Radagast the Brown said:

Fennekin's final evolution will be Fire/Flying, with the dark orange fur protruding out of it's ears acting as wings.

Here's the image of the revealed Pokemon:

corocoro9137.jpg

corocoro9134.jpg

From serebii

All I gotta say is that Mega Garchomp is freaking cool, Froakie's a badass, and Chespin looks stupid.

It also states that [Fairy] is weak to Poison and Steel while resists Fighting, Dark and Bug.

God, are they fucking serious? It's like they're intentionally trying to make the Bug-type the shittiest type in the game. And being weak to steel just seems so random it's just stupid at this point. Not really liking this.

Kellam said:
And being weak to steel just seems so random it's just stupid at this point.

not at all. it's exactly what i expected would happen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy said:
Much of the folklore about fairies revolves around protection from their malice, by such means as cold iron (iron is like poison to fairies, and they will not go near it)

I thought we all accepted Fennekin would be Fire/Psychic by the 3rd stage. I think Chespin is going to be Grass/Rock from its hard shell. Froakie may still be Water/Fighting, though.

Poor Chespin. I'm still sure that Gamefreak wants to make the grass-type starters as bad as possible.

Kellam said:
It also states that [Fairy] is weak to Poison and Steel while resists Fighting, Dark and Bug.

God, are they *bleep*ing serious? It's like they're intentionally trying to make the Bug-type the *bleep*tiest type in the game. And being weak to steel just seems so random it's just stupid at this point. Not really liking this.

I don't even get how the Steel-type can be super-effective against the Fairy-type either. I mean, the reason for why the Steel-type is super-effective against the Ice-type and Rock-type can be simple to explain, but the being super-effective against Fairy-type is just very random.

MnSG said:
Kellam said:

God, are they *bleep*ing serious? It's like they're intentionally trying to make the Bug-type the *bleep*tiest type in the game. And being weak to steel just seems so random it's just stupid at this point. Not really liking this.

I don't even get how the Steel-type can be super-effective against the Fairy-type either. I mean, the reason for why the Steel-type is super-effective against the Ice-type and Rock-type can be simple to explain, but the being super-effective against Fairy-type is just very random.
Read 2257's post

Back