Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Am I the only one bothered by Mewtwo having a feminine voice in the trailer for the movie (not the one posted in this thread)? Maybe it has something to do with the new for,

GalacticPetey said:
Am I the only one bothered by Mewtwo having a feminine voice in the trailer for the movie (not the one posted in this thread)? Maybe it has something to do with the new for,

I just assumed it was a japanese thing.

Yeah it's probably a Japanese thing, sort of like with how different Jigglypuff sounds with its Japanese voice.

I'm betting flying. I mean, sure, Bug COULD work, but it seems unlikely a rabbit-thing would be classified as a bug.

It could be a new type, because all other eeeveelutions are coloured to their typings, and the only pink type is psychic. Considering Sylveon is also pink....

But it has light blue on its "scarves", which is flying's colours...

Purple Yoshi said:
I'm betting flying. I mean, sure, Bug COULD work, but it seems unlikely a rabbit-thing would be classified as a bug.

It could be a new type, because all other eeeveelutions are coloured to their typings, and the only pink type is psychic. Considering Sylveon is also pink....

But it has light blue on its "scarves", which is flying's colours...

It's not a rabbit thing. I explained a long time ago in this thread my reasons why I find it a bug, and it wasn't because it "appears buggy" in terms of other bug types. I think they took a more whismical fairy-like take on Sylveon, which in other languages they include words that are relatable to woodlands or bug-like words, such as "Nymph". Likewise, Sylv- can be seen as Sylvan, which means "wooded" - quite the reference to bug-type.

I mean, Flying is my second guess as well, which I also explained a long time ago. Sylv- can be seen as Sylvia, a type of bird, and in some languages there is words like Sylph, which are "air beings". However, I doubt Gamefreak would let them not add wings to the flying type Eeveelution.

Why I think it is bug is because they want to make the eeveelutions very appealing, and how else could you make a bug-type eeveelution? All the other Eevee's are mammal-esque, and bug is just...creepy crawlers. In order for them to stick with the consistency of the other Eeveelutions, they would need to think slightly outside the box in order to make it want to be in your party. So, taking the "fairy" aspect of bug-like qualities really makes sense as to Gamefreak trying to make a bug-type, which is very clever and very unique. If it is a bug-type, then that is one awesome bug-type.

Purple Yoshi said:
GalacticPetey said:

I just assumed it was a japanese thing.
But did it sound like that in the original Japanese vision of the first movie?

Anser said:
Watch Sylveon be something unexpected like Poison or Steel. Just watch.
There was an interesting post on the Pokemon sub-reddit about Sylveon being a poison type. It was pretty convincing.

Anser said:
Watch Sylveon be something unexpected like Poison or Steel. Just watch.
There was an interesting post on the Pokemon sub-reddit about Sylveon being a poison type. It was pretty convincing.
http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1cc303/almost_proof_that_sylveon_is_poison/

I think Sylveon being a Flying type would be the most obvious guess, but that article on it being a Poison type potentially has sort of convinced me...

I also have thought for the longest time it would just be a Normal type, and be based off of gender. Like Sylveon being a female (X) and another Eevee evolution being all male (Y). X and Y chromosomes. But I don't really think so at this point, but it's still possible lol

I am still convinced it's bug type, because the French name is based on an insect. But poison is convincing too.

Cirdec said:
I am still convinced it's bug type, because the French name is based on an insect. But poison is convincing too.

Well it's either bug or poison that seems the strongest argument, with flying right behind them. Of course, that in terms of name.

Sylv- can mean...

- Sylvan, meaning "wooded", which can be seen as dealing with something with forests and such, which can deal with bug types.
- Sylvia, a type of bird, which would aid in the flying-type.
- Sylvestris, a type of Poison Ivy, which would give it a poison-type feel.

But I think the appearance is more promising with poison, as bug type would be quite the stretch, flying type would require wings for the fans.

I think it was a good search whoever did it.

Xerneas said:
Hm...I'm still thinking Sylveon is a bug-type, but I'm starting to believe there is a new type coming around.
as for the first part.

get out.

as for the second part.

it's more likely to happen.
Xerneas said:
Cirdec said:

Well it's either bug or poison that seems the strongest argument, with flying right behind them. Of course, that in terms of name.

Sylv- can mean...

- Sylvan, meaning "wooded", which can be seen as dealing with something with forests and such, which can deal with bug types.
- Sylvia, a type of bird, which would aid in the flying-type.
- Sylvestris, a type of Poison Ivy, which would give it a poison-type feel.

But I think the appearance is more promising with poison, as bug type would be quite the stretch, flying type would require wings for the fans.

I think it was a good search whoever did it.

no no and no!

I refuse to believe sylveon will be bug.

i'd rather take poison or flying than bug for sylveon.

I'm still not convinced with Sylveon being a Flying-type. I mean nothing about it screams Flying-type in my eyes.

the reason I think it looks like a flying type is because it looks like Skyla

Dumb reasoning, but w/e

then there's that reasoning for it being poison, which I seriously think is true

I noticed that every other eeveelution has the matching skin colour to its type.

That kind of makes Sylveon confusing. It could be a new type if it follows that rule, but there's no guarantee.

Back