Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

MnSG said:
GalacticPetey said:
Xerneas said:
Well, anything with Quiver Dance, and basically any Bug-type move is just powerful...

Speaking of which, I wonder what new moves they'll introduce this generation. We could use a few new moves in some typings...
A Grass type equivalent of Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf, and Flamethrower.

Surf affects more than one target in a double battle and triple battle, however, making it less powerful than normal when damaging multiple targets, along with being blocked by Wide Guard. All the other mentioned attacks are single target attacks, which Wide Guard can not block.
What I meant was an elemental special move with around that base power.

Panne said:
give it a recoil that takes half the hp.

1/2 of the damage as recoil seems more suited for attacks that are based on Head Smash, which has a whopping 150 base power. An Ice-type version of Double-Edge is just fine with delivering 1/3 of the damage as recoil to the user.

Isn't Icicle Crash reasonably powerful? I can't remember.

Purple Yoshi said:

Icicle Crash is stronger by 10 points, but it's less accurate than Ice Punch, and is not widely distributed as Ice Punch either.

Also, Avalanche isn't all that good either, since it goes after Focus Punch, and requires your Pokemon to take damage from its target for the attack's power to be doubled.

GalacticPetey said:
Purple Yoshi said:
It has poor distribution and a 10% chance to miss. It has 85 base power.

Ah, OK.

So, moves that need 120 base power:

Ice
Dark
Rock (stone edge is way too inaccurate)
Steel (but no one ever uses steel STAB except Bullet Punch)
Ghost
Psychic

OK, there's a lot.

GalacticPetey said:
CoroCoro confirmed it. It's a Mewtwo form and not a new pokemon.

Goddamn it.

GalacticPetey said:

Now I officially hate the Pokemon even more

If you don't like the Pokemon, don't use it. Being just a different form isn't all that bad if the form change can be reversed.

Panne said:
Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:

Now I officially hate the Pokemon even more
oh please quit whinying.

it's not going to be that terrible of a thing.

In my opinion, it already is terrible

Anser said:
God fucking dammit.

images

I hate you, Game Freak. I hate you.
No offense, but shut up. It's just a video game. No one's forcing you to use it. Besides, it looks like freakin Super Buu, which is awesome. This also means Mewtwo is involved with X and Y? Do I think it's unnecessary? Yes, but I really don't mind that it's there.

To add onto GP's point:

People should be happy that Mewtwo will more than likely be a major part of X and Y. He wasn't a major part in any of the games, unlike some other legendaries like Ho-oh and Giratina. Was the new form unnecessary? Probably, but I'm sure the game will explain it.

Still won't stop me from hating this thing.

I'm done saying my opinion. I don't want to start a petty argument over personal tastes

Ya think Deoxys will be involved in this? I'd think it be only natural.

I actually don't mind Deoxys having separate forms: it had separate forms right when it was revealed. It was pretty cool at the time. Now, I believe Game Freak had overdone it a bit.

Well, yeah, Deoxys has way too many forms now.

Also, I realised that people are annoyed that there's an alternate form of a Gen I Pokemon. Were people annoyed when they made evolutions of Gen I Pokemon(eg Electrivire, Magmortar) ? Cause it's pretty much the same thing.

Back