Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

GalacticPetey said:
Anser said:
God fucking dammit.

images

I hate you, Game Freak. I hate you.
No offense, but shut up. It's just a video game. No one's forcing you to use it. Besides, it looks like freakin Super Buu, which is awesome. This also means Mewtwo is involved with X and Y? Do I think it's unnecessary? Yes, but I really don't mind that it's there.

I won't shut up. I don't care if it's just a video game or not. I'm angry about it and I will complain about it all I want because I'm on my right to do so, okay? Okay.

As I've stated before, the only good thing about this is that Mewtwo is getting some prominence again and will be most likely re-introduced to Super Smash Bros.'s roster.

Cirdec said:
Deoxys HP form.

That's pretty much impossible, since whenever a Pokemon has an alternate form, the alternate form always has the same base HP as the standard form.

Purple Yoshi said:
Well, yeah, Deoxys has way too many forms now.

Also, I realised that people are annoyed that there's an alternate form of a Gen I Pokemon. Were people annoyed when they made evolutions of Gen I Pokemon(eg Electrivire, Magmortar) ? Cause it's pretty much the same thing.

I dunno there's something about alternate forms that I don't like compared to evolutions and pre-evolutions

I hate pre-evolutions more than alternate forms...so yeah

Anser said:
Little Cup, though...

That has never really been around since the 4th generation though. And since Game Freak never bothers to make any Pokemon Stadium related games anymore, we probably won't see it ever again outside of the competitive environment.

GalacticPetey said:
Pre-evolutions however, are useless. They have pitiful stats and serve no purpose.

Some pre-evolutions do get moves that their evolved forms can't learn. For example, in order for Roserade to get Extrasensory, it has to start out as a Budew, since Extrasensory is not one of Roselia's egg moves.

Likewise, Wobbuffet can't get Charm, unless it starts out as a Wynaut.

If the games are based around DNA or something like that, then it makes sense.

I don't mind it, it looks kinda cool, like a smoother and more Mew-like Mewtwo.

GalacticPetey said:
CoroCoro confirmed it. It's a Mewtwo form and not a new pokemon.

Oh no... Not looking forward to it... Why do they have to make new forms??? Can't they make new ones??? Or did they run out of ideas?

The problems with alternate forms: A way of making money because of the events required.

Comte Niark said:
The problems with alternate forms: A way of making money because of the events required.

Uh, unless I'm interpreting this wrong, I want to point out two things:

1) There hasn't been an event for alternate forms. The closest one I can think of is the Rotom Key from Toys R Us.

2) Events are free, they don't require the user to pay.

Looker said:
Comte Niark said:

1) There hasn't been an event for alternate forms. The closest one I can think of is the Rotom Key from Toys R Us.

No, no, I meant in Japan. You must have heard of what you must do, right??? YOU CAN ONLY GET THEM AT THE MOVIES!!! Publicity, fellas!

But where I live, it's free.

Comte Niark said:
Looker said:
Comte Niark said:

No, no, I meant in Japan. You must have heard of what you must do, right??? YOU CAN ONLY GET THEM AT THE MOVIES!!! Publicity, fellas!

I thought the movie things were event Pokemon that tie in with the movie but are still possible to obtain in the games otherwise. Your problem with alternate forms doesn't have to do with alternate forms (unless I'm also reading this wrong).

Crackin355 said:
Comte Niark said:
Looker said:
Comte Niark said:

I thought the movie things were event Pokemon that tie in with the movie but are still possible to obtain in the games otherwise. Your problem with alternate forms doesn't have to do with alternate forms (unless I'm also reading this wrong).

Yeah, I mean, Meloetta didn't even have a major part of any movie, and it's an event Pokemon.

And, you know, you NEVER HAVE TO PAY FOR A POKEMON. Except for the Therian Formes. And that's paying for a game in its own right.

And unless the Reveal Glass and DNA Splicers return for the X any Y versions, the Therian Formes of Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus, along with Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, are out of our reach.

Comte Niark said:
Why do they have to make new forms??? Can't they make new ones??? Or did they run out of ideas?
'
My thoughts of the Pokemon in a nutshell. I really wish they make up more legendaries or something instead of make different versions of the same legendary. It had been nice, but again, it's pretty tired and overdone.

I like they make a lot of legendaries, but they need to make them usable in things like Battle Tower, because after the elite four they are useless.

Cirdec said:
I like they make a lot of legendaries, but they need to make them usable in things like Battle Tower, because after the elite four they are useless.

I agree, the only thing they do is make you look good.

Alo, in this generation, I would seriously like a way to rebattle trainers around the region. I was pissed off when I couldn't have rematches with other trainers in V

Cirdec said:

Considering what happened with Battle Revolution, Game Freak had to take drastic measures so that no one can use the uber legendaries online. Trust me when I say that you can't do any Wi-Fi matches in Battle Revolution without seeing someone using a team of ubers only.

However, it is a double-edged sword when you realize that ALL the event legendaries are banned from Wi-Fi as well. Likewise, the Soul Dew item is banned too.

Sadly, Game Freak has never bothered to make separate online facilities, with one facility using the Battle Tower rules, while the other facility permits the usage of the Soul Dew, the event legendaries, and the ubers.

Well, Mewtwo's form is officially confirmed worldwide.

Not too surprising, but how Mewtwo triggered the form change remains to be seen. Of course, the form change may end up being different in the game when you take into account that the anime Kyurem did not utilize the DNA Splicers, along with Reshiram and Zekrom, to change its form.

MnSG said:
Not too surprising, but how Mewtwo triggered the form change remains to be seen. Of course, the form change may end up being different in the game when you take into account that the anime Kyurem did not utilize the DNA Splicers, along with Reshiram and Zekrom, to change its form.

Wait, really? That's kinda strange, considering that was kinda the point of Black/White Kyurem.

Yeah, perhaps the Kyurem from the Keldeo movie was different from most other Kyurem in that it could change into its Black Kyurem and White Kyurem forms without needing the DNA Splicers.

Back