Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Mario4Ever said:
Sombrero Guy said:
Names of legendaries confirmed: Xerneas and Yveltal

Figures they'd have stupid names to go along with their stupid appearances (though I'll probably pick up one of the games anyway, since I don't want to miss out on finally having 3D models in a standard game).
Seel and Muk are stupid, these two designs are pretty good.

Honestly, I'm a bit wary of the the look of the 3D Overworld thing, I'll have to get used to it, but Pokemon XD & Coliseum has areas that you could explore and they weren't very fun to do so.

I guess I'll just miss sprites being used, but I'll get over it eventually.

Also, I like the legendaries and the starters, I think they all look above average.

Meh, I think Xerneas's horns look outright ridiculous if you ask me

The Y legendary looks fine though. It's just the ludicrous-looking gigantic horns that make the X guy look ridiculous.

MnSG said:
Every Pokemon has its fair share of oddities though.
Yeah, but you can be odd in a cool way or odd in a ridiculous way or odd in a lame way.

Odd in a cool way is Magnezone (in my opinion). Odd in a ridiculous way is Xerneas. Odd in a lame way is Kyurem.

Anser said:
Xerneas looks like a thin version of Dialga, if you ask me.
That's the first thing I thought of, as well.

It the way its head looked reminds me of Kingdra.

So, I noticed this little thing.
In the coordinate plane the Y is vertical (up and down) and Yveltal has the ability to fly up in the sky.
While the X is horizontal (left and right) and Xerneas only seems to be able to travel on land. It's hard to explain but you probably get it.

What about Z? That is present in both of these creatures traits.

Baby Luigi said:
Probably.
I'm starting to think they may be more based on the XYZ coordinate plane to promote or go along with the new 3D features.

It's both, but the chromosome thing is the main inspiration because, again, the DNA helix is in the Japanese titles.

Pandapowah said:
Baby Luigi said:
Probably.
I'm starting to think they may be more based on the XYZ coordinate plane to promote or go along with the new 3D features.

that's what i guessed

I forgot how I found this, but here's an interesting theory on the legendaries and the supposed Z game/legendary:

293534_590522837631509_265230030_n.jpg

I love Xerneas.

I really hope that the xyz planes are the one they are based on because all this chromosome talk and the picture just posted is making not much sense. Personally, we just need an origin story about them.

that's kind of far fetched gf

Another theory, taken from the bulbapedia twitter account:

Speculation on the legendaries! Artemis and Apollo were twins. Artemis is identified with deer and femininity. The female chromosome is X.

Apollo is identified with hawks and masculinity, and the male chromosome is Y. Xerneas=Artemis and Yveltal=Apollo? Tell us your theories!

ooh a sticky

why don't we sticky whats your pokemon party as well? it's a nearly as important thread

Pyro said:
ooh a sticky

why don't we sticky whats your pokemon party as well? it's a nearly as important thread

I don't really think its quite as important.

While this is pretty big news (IMO), since I don't know if anyone expected Gen VI to be coming so quickly. I know that they probably are doing it so that the 3DS gets the sales for those Pokemon fans that do not own one, or just people in general that like Pokemon.

Yeah, I'm surprised it isn't stickied yet. Also on that note we need a thread for Pokémon friend code sharing that is actually active and stickied.

Back on topic, the Y legendary sucks.

Pyro said:
Back on topic, the Y legendary rules.

Fix'd

Now I agree with this statement

Also, I like the whole DNA thing people have been speculating. I like hearing speculation, even if it all turns out incorrect.

I just saw the trailer, and holy shit this looks amazing. I love both Xerneas and Yveltal for both having good design and all. I mean, Xerneas is the most majestic thing I've ever seen, and Yveltal looks like one of the most menacing Pokémon to ever exist. And the new starters look amazing. And if the game really is set somewhere else than Japan, I'll be really happy about that.

I'm definitely getting at least one of these games when they're out. I'll probably go for Pokémon Y for some reason I'm unaware of.

Xerneas said:
I love Xerneas.

I really hope that the xyz planes are the one they are based on because all this chromosome talk and the picture just posted is making not much sense. Personally, we just need an origin story about them.
X_Version_logo_Jp.png

Y_Version_logo_Jp.png

Starter designs seem a lot better this time around not to mention a freaking frog starter which is awesome.

This will be one of the few times where I actually KEEP a starter. Legendaries on the other hand... well they're so-so.

Y looks cool but isnt enough to go on honestly, and x just looks retarded.

Overall though will be nice to see how this game rolls.

Back