Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

I think i'm going to steer away from upcoming pokemon news this time around. I liked going through Ruby and Sapphire not knowing where I'm going or what I will encounter, but just going on. I hope to be able to encounter that very same feeling when I play these games for the first time around.

I welcome our new froggy masters

idXF0.png

Anyways, keeping my opinion limited for now, but I like the designs for the starters and the X legend (Princess Mononoke Forest Spirit), but I'm not sure about the Y legend yet--it depends on what it...is.

I've only seen pictures so far because my connection sucks and I can't watch the Nintendo Direct video. I'll either update this post or make another post once I do.

Radagast the Brown said:
I think i'm going to steer away from upcoming pokemon news this time around. I liked going through Ruby and Sapphire not knowing where I'm going or what I will encounter, but just going on. I hope to be able to encounter that very same feeling when I play these games for the first time around.

I did that with Black version. I didn't see anything online and when I finally got the game, it felt fresh and new. Trust me, you won't regret it. Best decision you can make.

Apparently (only rumors) there's the chance that this game also offers trainer customization and co-op multiplayer, based on the fact that on this image there's a girl following you that may be another female character based on her movement pattern and her bag, and that on this part the glasses glitch off the character, which confirms that they are separate models and can be removed.

Xpike said:
However, OP, you forgot to mention the really important fact that it's releasing in October this year in every region at the same time, so no Japanese spoilers this time.
Oh, whoops, I knew I forgot something.

I don't see why people are hating on Froakie and Chespin. Remember when people were hating on Oshawott's design? Look how his final evolution turned out. I think it turned out better than Snivy's, in my opinion, but only time will tell. I'm still getting Froakie, even if his evolutions turn out to be shit.

Also, looking forward to the new Ghost-type and Bug-type pokemon, since those were always my favorites.

still hoping for my fire snake

also the earlygame bird better not be shit again, i want a good one like starly

and if that pokemon rainbow stuff was to be believed...are we getting new eevee evolutions?!

Chespin looks awful. Fennekin and Froakie seem cool enough to me though. I personally am more interested in what Froakie's final evolution would be than Fennekin's, seeing as we already have Zoroark as a fully-evolved fox Pokemon. Froakie's chain would (hopefully) be more interesting looking that Politoed. Not that Politoed is bad or anything, he's okay.

I still wish they'd had a cuttlefish starter though. Hopefully there will be one in the generation, at least.

Also those legendaries look rather lame. The top one I think I could live with, kind of an acquired taste, but the deer one looks way too much like Stantler and Sawsbuck.

Dr. Javelin said:
Also those legendaries look rather lame. The top one I think I could live with, kind of an acquired taste, but the deer one looks way too much like Stantler and Sawsbuck.
To me it looks like the -ion Pokemon of BW

I have decided to go Day 1 Digital for this, that way I will always have my Pokemon with me whenever I want to play it and I'll be playing it as early as possible.

also Fennekin is best fire starter besides charmander and cyndaquil.

I shall raise my hopes up that it's not another fire/fighting evos.

FireUmbreon said:
I shall raise my hopes up that it's not another fire/fighting evos.
If that happens I'll just trade a charmander from HeartGold and treat him as my starter

hell yeah

so i'm a sucker for water type pokemon. I'll likely go for froakie as my starter pokemon.

seriously, over the past years i've been a fan of pokemon, i've noticed that the only water type pokemon i haven't chosen as a starter yet is squirtle. I'll most likely get down to choosing him the next time i replay fire red or leaf green.

i also need to someday choose chimchar and chikorita. then i'll have gotten them all

from this gen on we can have parties made up of only one type of starter pokemon, water party here i comeee

Radagast the Brown said:
hell yeah

so i'm a sucker for water type pokemon. I'll likely go for froakie as my starter pokemon.

seriously, over the past years i've been a fan of pokemon, i've noticed that the only water type pokemon i haven't chosen as a starter yet is squirtle. I'll most likely get down to choosing him the next time i replay fire red or leaf green.

i also need to someday choose chimchar and chikorita. then i'll have gotten them all

Aw come on D: Chikorita is a joke. It sucks. Awful moveset, mediocre stats, and most Johto Gym Leaders squash her. On the other hand, Chimchar can be very, very useful.

Xpike said:
from this gen on we can have parties made up of only one type of starter pokemon, water party here i comeee

no fire type party? :(

Anser said:
Radagast the Brown said:
hell yeah

Aw come on D: Chikorita is a joke. It sucks. Awful moveset, mediocre stats, and most Johto Gym Leaders squash her. On the other hand, Chimchar can be very, very useful.

chikorita does look like a bitch, but i'll only be using it to complete my starter type collection :P

yeah that means with a fire type ill have two shit overpowered pokemon, two shit pokemon, one mediocre pokemon, and THE THIRD BEST POKEMON

Dr. Javelin said:
Froakie's chain would (hopefully) be more interesting looking that Politoed. Not that Politoed is bad or anything, he's okay.

I've got my eye on you..........

Pyro said:
yeah that means with a fire type ill have two shit overpowered pokemon, two shit pokemon, one mediocre pokemon, and THE THIRD BEST POKEMON
I hope you mean Charizard with that last statement or be prepared to fight

Back