Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

MnSG said:
Colress said:
Mienfoo said:
you should be able to customize your pokemon

give greninja a sweet pair of shades or something
It's stupid how the only Pokemon you can customize is Furfrou (or to my knowledge that's the only one).

It's also quite strange that for a Pokemon who can cut physical attack damage in half, Furfrou's base defense is actually quite frail. But I guess that that's done to keep it from being too tough to beat with physical attacks.

Now that I think about it though, I wonder if Fur Coat halves the damage from Psyshock, Psystrike, and Secret Sword.

It's the same reason as to why Medicham and Azumarill have such low base attack stats. Because otherwise it would be ridiculous.

Zae said:
pretty sure it does, think i read somewhere fur coat halves them.

Psyshock, Psystrike, and Secret Sword are special attacks though, so that makes me wonder that even though they deal physical damage, they wouldn't be affected by Fur Coat for being special attacks.

Purple Yoshi said:
It's the same reason as to why Medicham and Azumarill have such low base attack stats. Because otherwise it would be ridiculous.

And then comes Mega Medicham and Mega Mawile, who have base attack values that make even Mega Mewtwo X feel jealous.

Purple Yoshi said:
MnSG said:
Colress said:
Mienfoo said:
you should be able to customize your pokemon

give greninja a sweet pair of shades or something
It's stupid how the only Pokemon you can customize is Furfrou (or to my knowledge that's the only one).

It's also quite strange that for a Pokemon who can cut physical attack damage in half, Furfrou's base defense is actually quite frail. But I guess that that's done to keep it from being too tough to beat with physical attacks.

Now that I think about it though, I wonder if Fur Coat halves the damage from Psyshock, Psystrike, and Secret Sword.

uh..... actually because of pure power and huge power they have some of the highest attack stats in the game.

Of course they're slow and not too bulky.

Psyshock, Psystrike, and Secret Sword are special attacks though, so that makes me wonder that even though they deal physical damage, they're not affected by Fur Coat.

well that makes sense, but it still attacks defense, so yeah.

But really im not too sure, might want to look it up yourself.

Well, if it halves damage from physical moves, then probably not since although those moves deal physical damage, they're special moves.

Anybody need Pokerus? I have, like, 2 full boxes of new hatchables with it, including (in case you need any of them):

- Sneasel
- Fennekin
- Wooper
- Purrloin
- Togepi
- Diglett
- Buisel
- Poliwag
- Lotad

I once got a Wooper or something with Pokérus in Wonder Trade. Ended up trading it away because I Super Train.

Smg2daisy said:
Eeyup
And what do you want?
Nothing in particular. If you have any X exclusives, that would be good. Otherwise, just whatever you want to get rid of.

3823 - 8538 - 5328

Smg2daisy said:
I have you in my friend list already

You want something lvl 100? I have some extras like lvl 100 Delphox and Gengar
That's okay, I'd rather train my own guys to level 100. Mega Evolution items would be good though, like Ampharosite or Gengarite.

Glaceon said:
I enjoy the Secret regimes, but the stat ones are kind of boring after a while.

i like magnezone one, that crap is intense.

Although whether is enjoyable or not depends on the type of shot the pokemon can do.

That rapid-fire one for example is just awful.

Maylene said:
Glaceon said:
santanoice said:
Glaceon said:
Ended up trading it away because I Super Train.
You poor soul.

It's so horribly repetitive, but it's a surefire way to get the right EVs.

I find it faster to battle hordes with pokerus and power items.

super training makes me cry.
This so much.

So many new posts... Where to start?

Randy Cunningham said:
Anybody know what the purpose of leaving tips is?

As far as I could find out, the only purpose I know of is getting one of the medals in Global Link.

Randy Cunningham said:
On that note, what's the point of stylishness besides customizing yourself and getting into the Lumiose City boutique?

IIRC you need to almost max out your stylishness in order to get the final O Power.

Zae said:
i wonder if im the only male that made a female character instead?

Nope. The girl gets the better customization options (and even then there's not enough stuff for my tastes).

So yeah, I'm still confused on how to get into the Lumiose City boutique. I don't really know how to upgrade my stylishness...

And there was this biker dude in the Lost Hotel because I didn't "have the right look". Am I suppose to dress trashy or something?

Go to Estival Avenue and look for a building with a book sign on it. In there you'll find a lady who tells you about various places in Lumiose City and offers to take you there. Ask her about Estival Avenue and have her show you the way. Then, once you're back in Estival Avenue, go back into the same building, talk to her again, do it again. Repeat that for a couple minutes and that should make you stylish enough for the boutique.

To get into the Lost Hotel, you apparently need to talk to four skaters in Lumiose City who will teach you skating tricks. You can enter once you know all four of them or something.

Lumiose City is my least favourite city in any pokemon game. It's so big and I hate having to travel around in it. Whenever I use the bike the camera pans weirdly so I can't see where I'm going and the text bubbles that pop up are irritating. Gah, that place annoys me immensely.

Deku Link said:
So yeah, I'm still confused on how to get into the Lumiose City boutique. I don't really know how to upgrade my stylishness...

And there was this biker dude in the Lost Hotel because I didn't "have the right look". Am I suppose to dress trashy or something?

Serebii.net has a list of things that can refer to if you're trying to raise your style at Lumiose City...

http://serebii.net/xy/lumiosestyle.shtml

Be advised, however, that the Battle Institute may devastate you if your team is only composed of your main story Pokemon; a lot of the Pokemon that you'll face there also appear at the Battle Maison.

Back