My Improved Roster!

So awhile back (I think early last summer) I made a roster, but it was just too big.

I decided to remake it, and share it with you guys again.



PLEASE read the explanations below before posting.



Mario series:

I decided to add Toad as the new mario representative. Major part of the series, and in my opinion, is the best option for the series. He has a great idea for movesets, and I'd love to see what Nintendo could do with it.

DK series:

I decided to add King K. Rool, simply because the DK series doesn't have their villain as do other series. Plus, he's the most logical choice, since bringing in another kong would feel crowded, IMO.

Yoshi:

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi! I really hope the rumor about a new yoshi rep being someone from the new game is false because Baby Mario and Baby Luigi deserve to be in the game as important characters in the Yoshi series.

Zelda: For Zelda, I replaced Toon Link with Young Link and added Ghirahim. I don't see how people think Toon Link better than Young Link. Yes, they are both copies of Link, but I chose Young Link for the more possibilities. You see, Young Link could have Ocarina and Mask powers. It'd be awesome seeing Deku powers and all that. I mean, there is SO much potential for Young Link. His final Smash could include one of Link's mask forms, which would be pretty sweet to see (lots of people want Fierce Deity Link. Haven't gotten their in Majora's Mask, so can't say). For Ghirahim, he would just be great. He's probably my favorite Zelda villain (sorry Ganondorf) and his moveset would be just awesome. Skyward Sword was a great game, and he deserves to be represented for the next game.

Metroid: People say "Ridley can't be in, he's too big!". But seriously, Bowser has been big, I'm sure Ridley would work as well. I mean, it's be so cool playing as the dragon thing he is. Like Spyro, but bigger and badder.

Kid Icarus: I loved Uprising, so I figured I'd add Palutena. Moving on.

Wario: No additions.

Kirby: I think Spear Waddle Dee would be awesome in smash bros. Nothing much to say about it.

Animal Crossing: The animal crossing series NEEDS a represntative. I was going to put in Resetti, but figured since Tom Nook is probably the most important character in the series he deserved it. A lot of people think that Tom Nook couldn't work in a fighting game (or all of Animal Crossing for that matter), but I think anything can work, really. I mean, he has a great potential, I think.

Star Fox: NOTE: Krystal shouldn't be in this roster. It should only be Fox, Falco, and Wolf. I only added her because I couldn't decide on who else to put in. So, yeah, if there is a character you wanted that's not on here, consider that spot to be filled with it. Krystal's spot was going to be a bunch of other characters but I couldn't decide.

Pikmin: Yeah, Olimar.

Pokemon: Not an expert on this, but I just added what I think has been wanted by Pokemon fans (no Mewtwo, sorry. Could be replaced with Lucario or Zoroark I guess.)

Fire Emblem: I love Sacred Stones, so I added Erika. The game needs more females.

F-Zero: No additions. Samurai Goroh or someone could replace krystal though (one of the people on my list to put on).

Earthbound: No additions, I think they are fine.

Other: Snake and Sonic return. Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B as well. Mega Man I always thought would be cool to play as, so I added him as a third party. Crash and Spyro are just put their to please me, don't take them seriously.

And yeah, red means unlockable.

EDIT:


New one.

 

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
I'd rather see Kamek over the babies, Bowser Jr. over Toad, and Goroh over Krystal, personally.
 
Smasher said:
I'd rather see Kamek over the babies, Bowser Jr. over Toad, and Goroh over Krystal, personally.
Kamek, I think anyway, is part of the Mario series as well, and playing as him would feel like playing as a Koopa or something.

Bowser Jr. over Toad, I could live with, but I think Toad is more relevant than another Mario villain.

And yeah, Goroh over Krystal, I said that in the explanations.
 

Toad85

MarioKartRPG
I am disturbed by the lack of puzzle-pondering fencing archaeologists in top hats.

Hint hint.
 

NSY

Celestial Guide
Yes:
Past characters
King K. Rool
Zorark
Tom Nook

No:
Mega Man
Crash
Sporyo
Krystal
Eirika


There is no one Who I would list under Hell No.
 

Dorayaki

King Bowser
New Super Mario said:
Kamek, I think anyway, is part of the Mario series as well, and playing as him would feel like playing as a Koopa or something.

Bowser Jr. over Toannd, I could live with, but I think Toad is more relevant than another Mario villain.

And yeah, Goroh over Krystal, I said that in the explanations.
I like Kamek, but I think it's more realistic to put him in KartU/8 than Smash games. We should notice that which characters are more prior in Marioverse, since Kamek is still a secondary character.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Wiki Patroller
You have babies? BABY WEEGEE HAPPY.
 

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Dorayaki said:
I like Kamek, but I think it's more realistic to put him in KartU/8 than Smash games. We should notice that which characters are more prior in Marioverse, since Kamek is still a secondary character.
1. Why can't he be in both?
2. Kamek is a recurring antagonist in his series.
3. He's representing the Yoshi series, not the Mario series.
 

Dorayaki

King Bowser
Rocket J. Squirrel said:
Dorayaki said:
I like Kamek, but I think it's more realistic to put him in KartU/8 than Smash games. We should notice that which characters are more prior in Marioverse, since Kamek is still a secondary character.
1. Why can't he be in both?
2. Kamek is a recurring antagonist in his series.
3. He's representing the Yoshi series, not the Mario series.
I saw you on this topic, so I don't think you miss the point. If Kamek is regarded as an important character in Mario series, he should have more appearances in Mario titles first.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Wiki Patroller
He already has quite a few appearances in the Mario series
 
Rocket J. Squirrel said:
Why is Crash the only default newcomer?
I'm not sure, I just rather have newcomers unlockable I guess.

NSY said:
No:
Mega Man
Crash
Sporyo
Krystal
Eirika
Mega Man, I always thought anyway, would be cool to play as. Crash and Spyro are just there for ME, they aren't really my predictions or anything. Krystal, again, I said could be replaced with someone else since I didn't want her in the first place. And Erika, would be awesome. You can't hate on that, I mean, have you played Sacred Stones? It would be amazing.
 

User4042

Celestial Guide
New Super Mario said:
So awhile back (I think early last summer) I made a roster, but it was just too big.

I decided to remake it, and share it with you guys again.



PLEASE read the explanations below before posting.



Mario series:

I decided to add Toad as the new mario representative. Major part of the series, and in my opinion, is the best option for the series. He has a great idea for movesets, and I'd love to see what Nintendo could do with it.

DK series:

I decided to add King K. Rool, simply because the DK series doesn't have their villain as do other series. Plus, he's the most logical choice, since bringing in another kong would feel crowded, IMO.

Yoshi:

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi! I really hope the rumor about a new yoshi rep being someone from the new game is false because Baby Mario and Baby Luigi deserve to be in the game as important characters in the Yoshi series.

Zelda: For Zelda, I replaced Toon Link with Young Link and added Ghirahim. I don't see how people think Toon Link better than Young Link. Yes, they are both copies of Link, but I chose Young Link for the more possibilities. You see, Young Link could have Ocarina and Mask powers. It'd be awesome seeing Deku powers and all that. I mean, there is SO much potential for Young Link. His final Smash could include one of Link's mask forms, which would be pretty sweet to see (lots of people want Fierce Deity Link. Haven't gotten their in Majora's Mask, so can't say). For Ghirahim, he would just be great. He's probably my favorite Zelda villain (sorry Ganondorf) and his moveset would be just awesome. Skyward Sword was a great game, and he deserves to be represented for the next game.

Metroid: People say "Ridley can't be in, he's too big!". But seriously, Bowser has been big, I'm sure Ridley would work as well. I mean, it's be so cool playing as the dragon thing he is. Like Spyro, but bigger and badder.

Kid Icarus: I loved Uprising, so I figured I'd add Palutena. Moving on.

Wario: No additions.

Kirby: I think Spear Waddle Dee would be awesome in smash bros. Nothing much to say about it.

Animal Crossing: The animal crossing series NEEDS a represntative. I was going to put in Resetti, but figured since Tom Nook is probably the most important character in the series he deserved it. A lot of people think that Tom Nook couldn't work in a fighting game (or all of Animal Crossing for that matter), but I think anything can work, really. I mean, he has a great potential, I think.

Star Fox: NOTE: Krystal shouldn't be in this roster. It should only be Fox, Falco, and Wolf. I only added her because I couldn't decide on who else to put in. So, yeah, if there is a character you wanted that's not on here, consider that spot to be filled with it. Krystal's spot was going to be a bunch of other characters but I couldn't decide.

Pikmin: Yeah, Olimar.

Pokemon: Not an expert on this, but I just added what I think has been wanted by Pokemon fans (no Mewtwo, sorry. Could be replaced with Lucario or Zoroark I guess.)

Fire Emblem: I love Sacred Stones, so I added Erika. The game needs more females.

F-Zero: No additions. Samurai Goroh or someone could replace krystal though (one of the people on my list to put on).

Earthbound: No additions, I think they are fine.

Other: Snake and Sonic return. Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B as well. Mega Man I always thought would be cool to play as, so I added him as a third party. Crash and Spyro are just put their to please me, don't take them seriously.

And yeah, red means unlockable.
the baby bros. cant appear since they originated on tv
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Wiki Patroller
Sombrero Guy said:
the baby bros. cant appear since they originated on tv
1. Why did you quote all of that
2. They didn't originate in TV. If they were, the appearance would be in their articles. It's not. Besides, those characters on TV looks absolutely NOTHING like them
 

Dorayaki

King Bowser
I'm neutral with Baby bros. Though I don't like Yoshi series or alteregos counted in Smash bros, but babies are truly a feature of Yoshi games. But generally, I'm up for another Wario series partner.

Lucario might be replaced by Zordark or other G5 pokemons. Young Link isn't as distinctive as Toon Link as an alterego to me.
 

NSY

Celestial Guide
Epic Nitwit said:
NSY said:
No:
Mega Man
Care to elaborate on why you think Mega Man shouldn't be in?
Because he's not as famous as Snake or Snic and their much better ideas fir third party characters than Mega Man plus, he's only been on WiiWare recently.

Marvel VS Capcom is were he should belong.
 

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
@BLOF: PTR is actually right. The Baby Bros appeared in th AoSMB3 episode "Toddler Terrors of Time Travel" before Yoshi's Island (Baby Mario also appeared in some German comics). However, this appearance looks more like Midget Mario in a baby outfit.
 

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
NSY said:
Because he's not as famous as Snake or Snic
he's still pretty popular...

NSY said:
and their much better ideas fir third party characters than Mega Man
Like who? I can't think of a single choice that would be better.

edit: actually I may have read this wrong, nevermind this part.

NSY said:
plus, he's only been on WiiWare recently.
So? There's still been plenty of Mega Man games on Nintendo consoles through the years. A lot more than Metal Gear, IIRC.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Wiki Patroller
Rocket J. Squirrel said:
@BLOF: PTR is actually right. The Baby Bros appeared in th AoSMB3 episode "Toddler Terrors of Time Travel" before Yoshi's Island (Baby Mario also appeared in some German comics). However, this appearance looks more like Midget Mario in a baby outfit.
Well, it's not the Baby Mario in question, which is why this is discouraged.

It's like saying Wario appeared in the Super Mario Super Show first because of Plumber's Academy
 

User4042

Celestial Guide
Dorayaki said:
I'm neutral with Baby bros. Though I don't like Yoshi series or alteregos counted in Smash bros, but babies are truly a feature of Yoshi games. But generally, I'm up for another Wario series partner.

Lucario might be replaced by Zordark or other G5 pokemons. Young Link isn't as distinctive as Toon Link as an alterego to me.
plus young link hasn't appeared other than SSBM since the N64 days
 
Top