My Improved Roster!

...I just explained how Paper Mario can be a different character. He's only similar to Mario in appearance, very different from Mario than Toon/Young Link from Link, Falco/Wolf from Fox, Ganondorf from Captain Falcon, Lucas from Ness, and even Luigi from Mario moveset wise.

I still think better representatives can be added before Paper Mario. Waluigi, Bowser Jr., and some other characters spring into mind.

I still don't get what's wrong with having the same character two times in the same game as long as they're completely different in both appearance and moveset. It's not like we're trying to make Paper Mario like Young/Toon Link, you know. Who cares if Paper Mario is Mario too? It's a different version. He looks different and would surely have a unique moveset.

I wouldn't complain about having Bowser Jr. or Waluigi. Bowser Jr. has earned his right to make his appearance and is now an important character in the series and Waluigi, while he hasn't appeared in main games, has appeared in almost every single spin-off which makes him a Nintendo star already. Even though Rosalina is my favorite character, I think she's still very unpopular to appear. Maybe as an Assist Trophy.

The problem is that I would want some roster variety. The addition of Toon Link, Young Link (even though I like him), and other versions of existing characters make the characters look redundant, whether they have differing movesets or not. I don't think Paper Mario represents the Mario series well. If anything, and hypothetically speaking, if Paper Mario does get in, he should represent his own series.

I quite like Paper Mario, but the concern of other Mario characters is also the problem, so I'm neutral with it if PM really becomes playable.

It seems not doing with Waluigi or BowserJr. if Toad, Birdo or KingK.Rool are prior to them. For Waluigi, he can't represent Mario series, and he can represent Wario games but he didn't have enough appearances in them.

Well Paper Mario is the same as Mario
Young Link is the same person as Link (at least until SSBB where Twilight Princess Link is there)
But Toon Link is a different person

Sombrero Guy said:
That doesn't count, we all know that's how Zelda series work differently from other games. Or we can have multiple Pikachus for anime and manga versions.

Sombrero Guy said:

To the effects, it is the same person in different times. So, it's still the same situation.

Dorayaki said:
It seems not doing with Waluigi or BowserJr. if Toad, Birdo or KingK.Rool are prior to them. For Waluigi, he can't represent Mario series, and he can represent Wario games but he didn't have enough appearances in them.

Uh, I'm not a Waluigi fan or anything, but why do you think Waluigi can't represent the Mario series?

Anser said:
Uh, I'm not a Waluigi fan or anything, but why do you think Waluigi can't represent the Mario series?
As said in the previous reply, he's not the first pick. Not because he's not a Mario character.

And after all the question is do/will Mario series really need a new rerpesentive.

Dorayaki said:
Anser said:
As said in the previous reply, he's not the first pick. Not because he's not a Mario character.

And after all the question is do/will Mario series really need a new rerpesentive.

Now that you say it, no. It really doesn't. But personally, I'd like that Mario, Zelda and Pokémon, as they are Nintendo's biggest franchises, have 5 representants. I would put Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr./Paper Mario for the Mario series, Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link and Toon Zelda/Tetra (given she was partially programmed in Brawl) for the Zelda series and Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Pokémon Trainer (with Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle) and Mewtwo for Pokémon.

Anser said:
Sombrero Guy said:

To the effects, it is the same person in different times. So, it's still the same situation.
Not really
Toon Link (WW/PH) is a different Link than Melee Link/Young Link (OoT/MM) or Brawl Link (TP)

They do all possess the spirit of the hero, however

Banjo, Rayman, Bub/Bob, Bomberman, a digimon, a Street Fighter, a Clay Fighter, and the real Dante since playstation messed up. :waluigi:

How's that for something new?

inb4mad@3rdparties

Ghostony said:
Banjo, Rayman, Bub/Bob, Bomberman, a digimon, a Street Fighter, a Clay Fighter, and the real Dante since playstation messed up. :waluigi:

How's that for something new?

inb4mad@3rdparties
Digimon? Seriously that has no chance. Street Fighter is laughable at. I mean, it's its own fighting game already. Clay Fighter I don't even know what that is. Dante? Bomberman, maybe, but I don't think his chances are too likely. I think Rayman would be cool, but seems unlikely as well. Banjo, eh..... Probably not gonna happen. And I don't know who Bub and Bob are.

Ghirahim said:
And I don't know who Bub and Bob are.
Go look up Bubble Bobble. That game rocks.

hell it'd be worth it alone just to fight to the main theme of that game

Proto Man said:
Ghirahim said:
And I don't know who Bub and Bob are.
Go look up Bubble Bobble. That game rocks.

hell it'd be worth it alone just to fight to the main theme of that game
Taito is owned by Square Enix now, and if we're getting a Square Enix rep it's gonna be either:
Sora
Geno
Black Mage
Slime

Updated it:

jsogw1.png

Just switched some things out. Was going to make a big fancy one in gimp, but sadly I made a huge mistake and didn't feel like starting the whole thing over.

Ghirahim said:
Updated it:

jsogw1.png

Just switched some things out. Was going to make a big fancy one in gimp, but sadly I made a huge mistake and didn't feel like starting the whole thing over.
Crash and Spyro are both Activision pick only one, Toad is technically a generic character in the Mario series I don't think he could have a good moveset, the Baby Bros would share the same problems Pichu had, I don't think another Link is necessary even if they are from different timelines, and an Animal Crossing character is unnecessary

supermariofan said:
Ghirahim said:
Updated it:

jsogw1.png

Crash and Spyro are both Activision pick only one
NO! In this roster, that are Insomniac Games and Naughty Dog. Activision sucks. If I did pick one though, I'd have to boot Crash.

Ghirahim said:
supermariofan said:
Ghirahim said:
Updated it:

jsogw1.png

NO! In this roster, that are Insomniac Games and Naughty Dog. Activision sucks. If I did pick one though, I'd have to boot Crash.
Insomniac Games is not a big company, why did you bring up Naughty Dog? First they don't own Crash anymore, and two Naughty Dog is owned by Sony

supermariofan said:
Ghirahim said:
supermariofan said:
Ghirahim said:
Updated it:

jsogw1.png

Insomniac Games is not a big company, why did you bring up Naughty Dog? First they don't own Crash anymore, and two Naughty Dog is owned by Sony
Original Crash was made by Naughty Dog. Original Spyro was made by Insomniac Games. They were actually good than. I'm not going to let Activision's versions in there...... And besides, they have no chance anyway....... But, it's a dream of mine.

A pretty good roster I must say, but a little bit too many third-party members for my taste.
... And if Young Link still is a Link clone, then I would rather have Skull Kid or something.

PrincessOfPeaches said:
A pretty good roster I must say, but a little bit too many third-party members for my taste.
... And if Young Link still is a Link clone, then I would rather have Skull Kid or something.
Well, really the only third parties I expect were the other three, and Spyro and Crash are most of a wish list kinda thing.

And no, if you cared to read, I said Young Link would have a Mask-based moveset.

Back