My Improved Roster!

Sombrero Guy said:
Dorayaki said:
I'm neutral with Baby bros. Though I don't like Yoshi series or alteregos counted in Smash bros, but babies are truly a feature of Yoshi games. But generally, I'm up for another Wario series partner.

Lucario might be replaced by Zordark or other G5 pokemons. Young Link isn't as distinctive as Toon Link as an alterego to me.
plus young link hasn't appeared other than SSBM since the N64 days
This isn't a good arguement, considering characters like the Ice Climbers haven't appeared in decades.

honestly, i think Lyn would be a better female FE representive

I agree with that.

New Super Mario said:
This isn't a good arguement, considering characters like the Ice Climbers haven't appeared in decades.
I'd like to see a Wiiware sequel of IC, but historical represntives are obviously different from recurring titles represntives.
Just like that I always say no new Yoshi game, no new Yoshi representive.

I also wonder if the staff would continue ToonLink series. If not, both of them would be erased and a Sky Sword character would take it.

Dorayaki said:
New Super Mario said:
I'd like to see a Wiiware sequel of IC, but historical represntives are obviously different from recurring titles represntives.
Do you mean no new reps until a game is released, or no to the series in general?

Sombrero Guy said:
Do you mean no new reps until a game is released, or no to the series in general?
No new reps I mean. Usually no in general when a series (not a famous/historical one) is officially declared to be halted, while anther new series begin to run and take the place.

Dorayaki said:
New Super Mario said:

I also wonder if the staff would continue ToonLink series. If not, both of them would be erased and a Sky Sword character would take it.
Well true, but honestly, Toon Link hasn't had a game since what? 2009ish?

And Toon Link doesn't have as much potential. I rather have an old character that's not a clone than a new one that is.

Youmu Konpaku said:
honestly, i think Lyn would be a better female FE representive
I've never played her game, so I can't judge.

And I've always thought it'd be so cool to be able to play as a Pegasus knight, but they isn't a character important enough to include in the game as one.

NSY said:
Epic Nitwit said:
NSY said:
No:
Mega Man

Care to elaborate on why you think Mega Man shouldn't be in?
Because he's not as famous as Snake or Snic and their much better ideas fir third party characters than Mega Man plus, he's only been on WiiWare recently.

Marvel VS Capcom is were he should belong.
whose snic?

Cornelius Van Wyck Lawrence said:
NSY said:
Epic Nitwit said:
NSY said:
No:
Mega Man

Because he's not as famous as Snake or Snic and their much better ideas fir third party characters than Mega Man plus, he's only been on WiiWare recently.

whose snic?
Only the best character ever.

GalacticPetey said:
Cornelius Van Wyck Lawrence said:
NSY said:
Epic Nitwit said:
NSY said:
No:
Mega Man

whose snic?
Only the best character ever.

Not as good as Metal Marop :shifty:

New Super Mario said:
And Toon Link doesn't have as much potential. I rather have an old character that's not a clone than a new one that is.
I quite like Toon series as Paper series in Mario. One problem might be that recently not many Zelda games are made, if Toon series mean that the staff must put at lest two games in each console.
And there aren't many recurring characters in Zelda titles. The next one who's not an alterego might be Tingle. Or what about a Toon-only character?

Dorayaki said:
New Super Mario said:
I quite like Toon series as Paper series in Mario. One problem might be that recently not many Zelda games are made, if Toon series mean that the staff must put at lest two games in each console.
And there aren't many recurring characters in Zelda titles. The next one who's not an alterego might be Tingle. Or what about a Toon-only character?
Yeah, but just like the Paper series, Paper Mario would be a clone of Mario, just like Toon Link is.

And they don't necessary have to be recurring, as long as they played a major part in the game (like Ghirahim).

Mewtwo >>>>>>>>>>>>> Lucario, Zoroark and any other Pokémon. Plus, remember Gen 6 has just been announced.

Paper Mario doesn't have to be a clone.

B: Jump (works like Homing Attack)
Side B: Hammer
Up B: Paper Airplane
Down B: Ground Pound
Final Smash: Paperize

Anser said:
Mewtwo >>>>>>>>>>>>> Lucario, Zoroark and any other Pokémon. Plus, remember Gen 6 has just been announced.

Holy crap I didn't realize that until your post. Pokemon Representation just got alot more complex to guess what the Roster will be. They might want to shove in a Sixth Gen rep in order to advertise Pokemon X and Y. And who knows if they'll even include a 5th Gen rep.

Anser said:
Mewtwo >>>>>>>>>>>>> Lucario

Gotta disagree with that, I'd much rather have Lucario back then Mewtwo.

I agree there, though.

Rocket J. Squirrel said:

I think the Airplane should be left for when you leave the second jump button pressed, so Paper Mario can glide, like Pit, Charizard and Meta Knight. It would make him the only non-winged character being able to do so. Instead, Up B could be the Tornado Jump he uses in Paper Mario 64. I agree about the other moves, though. I don't know what Paperize is, but I won't say anything about that because I can't think of a Final Smash for Paper Mario.

Anser said:

They'd had to rearrange mewtwo moveset then, as it is in melee, it freaking blows, infact its probably one of the worst in fighting history.

Then agian Lucario was pretty bleh in brawl too. Regardless neither one functioned like they should have, and as you said gen 6 is coming so they'll probably pick a representative for that.

Rocket J. Squirrel said:

Even so, there are WAY better options for a Mario representative than Paper Mario.

Northern Verve said:
Anser said:

Holy crap I didn't realize that until your post. Pokemon Representation just got alot more complex to guess what the Roster will be. They might want to shove in a Sixth Gen rep in order to advertise Pokemon X and Y. And who knows if they'll even include a 5th Gen rep.
Yeah, I mean, I just kinda put things in for Pokemon, so not sure what's really realistic.

Rocket J. Squirrel said:
Even so, there are WAY better options for a Mario representative than Paper Mario.
Feel like that you don't like alteregos at all. If these subseries do represent a major fanbase, I don't have too much doubt.

Or the staff can give another character (eg, Aryll and Linebeck from Toon series) instead. But Paper series don't really have a major exclusive character in face of other Mario stars.

Anser said:
Rocket J. Squirrel said:

I think the Airplane should be left for when you leave the second jump button pressed, so Paper Mario can glide, like Pit, Charizard and Meta Knight. It would make him the only non-winged character being able to do so. Instead, Up B could be the Tornado Jump he uses in Paper Mario 64. I agree about the other moves, though. I don't know what Paperize is, but I won't say anything about that because I can't think of a Final Smash for Paper Mario.
Paperize is a special move in Sticker Star

Rocket J. Squirrel said:

Sorry but I'm going to have to list that in Hell No.

He's exactly the same character as Mario.

Back