Connecticut Shooting

This morning at 9:40am in Newfound, Connecticut, a shooting occurred. It was at Sandy Hooks Elementary School, which a masked man released fire in a classroom.

A women said she heard at least a hundred rounds go off. In Gov class we listened to a phone call, and how three staff members heard smalls puffs and went to see what was happening. Only one came back.

The death toll was about 27 people, 18 of which were children. The shooter was also killed [by the police, iirc].

Edit - It now states 20 children died. Also, the killer's body was found in a classroom, and that's all I got about the topic of how the killer died.

It was really sad to hear about it today, let alone the fact that the age range of about 2/3 of the casualties was 5-10 years of age.

I heard about this in my 7th period. The principal made an announcement about it on the intercom. And just about every status I see on Facebook mentions it too.

My heart goes out to all the families. It's sick that some kindergartners were either killed or injured, barely even having a chance to experience life yet. Very sad. RIP to all the victims.

The semi-automatic rifle allowed the killer to squeeze off six rounds per second, and fire up to 50 bullets before reloading.

Once the horrified surviving students were hustled to safety, an entire class of kids remained missing, the Hartford Courant reported.

“There were a bunch of people there to help,” said Maureen Kerins, a nurse who came from her home. “But then they told us they didn’t need our help ... that’s when I knew it was bad.”

(Found from an article on the web. The school is from Kindergarden up to Fourth Grade)

(Also, the Killer's mom works there, which I believe was the classroom he released fire in.)

Didn't hear much about this, but it's just sick. My condolences go out to all the families and staff involved.

This is just sad and messed up. And to think, there has been 2 mass shootings this whole entire year. There is the Aurora shooting (sorry if I spelled that wrong) and this. So many people have died just because of one mans desire to kill. It's a shame that this happened and the lives of many were cut short. And they were kids too. Just kids, that deserved to live, that deserved a chance of opportunities, died today. This event will never be forgotten and the lives of those that were lost will be remembered always.

Rest in peace to everyone who was killed, and my condolences to the victims' friends and family. This is just horrible.

R. I .P to the 27 people that have died in a school in america.There was 17Children and 10 adults that died i hope the man who did this gets jailed for life

Father Gandalf said:
R. I .P to the 27 people that have died in a school in america.There was 17Children and 10 adults that died i hope the man who did this gets jailed for life

The shooter was killed.

I've actually realised today that america is messed up they should get rid of guns,and what made me sad was that a kid wrote a note before he died :'(

This why I support more gun control

So, they thought the killer was Ryan Lanza, the 24-year-old, but it turned out that it was the teacher's other son, 20-year-old Adam Lanza.

It's depressing that almost all the killed ones were kids. Right now they are taking Ryan into questioning for possible reasons why his brother did what he did, and possibly responsible for his father's death, which I guess they are not sure which one of them did. Please note that I'm getting tidbits of info, so I might be a little off.

It's really hard to watch this on the news. 20 kids died today, all under 10, some even 5. Some died at the Hospital, having to endure the pain. It's very heartbreaking to think about indeed, or even imagine how the parents are feeling of the ones that lost a child. I'm pretty sure that the other parents are going to be homeschooling their kids for awhile.

This is horrible. I just don't get why anyone would even think of doing such a thing.

Nabber said:
This is horrible. I just don't get why anyone would even think of doing such a thing.

Because they're possibly mentally insane

... Wait, the one who committed the crime may be responsible for his own father's death? That is utterly disgusting. Not to mention, all of those kids dying is equally disgusting and saddening. I give all of my condolences to the affected families who have to endure this tiresome trial they are undergoing right now.

Smasher Claus said:
Rest in peace to everyone who was killed, and my condolences to the victims' friends and family. This is just horrible.

Basically this.

This annoys and saddens me. People decide to take out their anger or something on a school full of children, who can't have done anything wrong. It's just sick.

Rest in peace, young children.

Back