Connecticut Shooting

Groden said:
Nemo said:
Weigh in your opinions, do you think this is as terrible or worst than Columbine?
My opinion is it is quite tasteless to compare deaths as if the loss of one's loved ones are worse than another's.

There are greater or lesser of evils, but I agree with you nevertheless

A little boy wrote a letter to his friend that died in the accident. It was so heartbreaking to read.

"Jack,
You are my best friend.
We had fun together.
I will miss you.
I will talk to you in my prayers.
I love you Jack.
Love,
John"

I'm still absolutely appalled this was committed before the Christmas season. It's disgusting.

Well judging on what President Barack Obama said in his speeches, he is allowing concealed weapons in all public places as long as you have a license.

Er...

Squirtle said:
Well judging on what President Barack Obama said in his speeches, he is allowing concealed weapons in all public places as long as you have a license.

Er...

How the hell would that be enforced?

New Year Baby Luigi said:
I'm still absolutely appalled this was committed before the Christmas season. It's disgusting.

Yeah, I mean, with this and the whole doomsday BS tomorrow, it's like Christmas is almost ruined

MCS said:

Yeah, I mean, with this and the whole doomsday BS tomorrow, it's like Christmas is almost ruined

Now what we need is Scrooge and the Grinch

Santagast the Merry said:
OOH OOH can I be Scrooge, I have enough money to not give away!

Sure.

And maybe I should be the Grinch.

NABO said:
I hate how Starcraft has been scapegoated by the media. :mad: What the *bleep*.

Well, the media is mostly insane

Why StarCraft? Why videogames... again? It's getting boring. I think this shooting's cause is maybe similar to the Columbine Shooting: a combination of bullying and mental illness, where the psychotic person in question purposely didn't take their pills for this reason.

Violence and video games have no direct link, but studies believe that it leads to desensitizing violent acts

It's impossible to accurately predict which piece of violent media is going to inspire a madman to go on a murderous rampage, because the actions of psychotics are completely unpredictable; Charles Manson was inspired by a Beatles song, for instance. That's where the "oh games cause violence, we should ban them!" argument just falls apart.

Rather than blaming entertainment and artistic mediums, I think people should instead be focusing on better mental health care and gun control (I know this is a controversial subject for Americans, but the last mass shooting we've ever had in Australia came before we tightened gun control, which at least says it's worked wonders for us). Those really should be top priorities at this point.

Our school yesterday paused the day at 9:30 or 9:40 (can't remember which) for a moment of silence throughout the entire school while someone hit the chimes 26 times that was announced on the PE, for the 26 lives that were taken a week ago at the time.

It is more major than I originally thought it was going to be. I mean, I thought it was going to be like the Aurora shooting, but this seems to be a lot worse (I mean, I can see why, but I wasn't expecting schools across the country to react to the ways they are now).

Violence and video games have no direct link, but studies believe that it leads to desensitizing violent acts
My NationState banned violent video games since a crazy kid shot someone

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/24/firefighters-shot-webster-fire_n_2358822.html

"4 Firefighters Shot, 2 Killed At Webster, New York Fire Scene; Shooter Dead"

Now they need to make gun control now

I can understand how gun control can be an issue, but wouldn't it be simple to just ban automatic weapons right now? You could leave the handguns and hunting rifles and all that for later but ban the stuff that can do lots of damage so fast right now. You may have a right to a gun but why would you need something that powerful?

Aaaaannd we're back in the topic of gun control...

Back