December 21st, 2012

^that guy gets it

Snifit on Stilts said:
The mayan calendar is just 13 batkuns, and a batkun is 365 years or so.
The Mayans also didn't count Leap Day as it wasn't known about the Earth's tilt so that day was months/years ago or something

"SO, I read an article about Nostradamus (Predicted alot of things that were true) That the world will end when "From the calm morning, the end will come. When of the dancing horse the number of circles will be 9." Psy's Gangnam style (horse dance) is accordingly going to hit 1,000,000,000 views on December 21st. FREAKY RIGHT?!"

Havent read the article but i'd shit if this wound up true

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
"SO, I read an article about Nostradamus (Predicted alot of things that were true) That the world will end when "From the calm morning, the end will come. When of the dancing horse the number of circles will be 9." Psy's Gangnam style (horse dance) is accordingly going to hit 1,000,000,000 views on December 21st. FREAKY RIGHT?!"

He never actually wrote anything about a calm morning or a dancing horse or nine circles anywhere in his work.

Time Turner said:
BEEEEEAAARRRS said:

He never actually wrote anything about a calm morning or a dancing horse or nine circles anywhere in his work.
That made me laugh

I still can't wait to post majora's mask references.

just a few days left for the references to start!

Then start now.

I don't believe in this stuff because first, and most importantly, the information is messed up. It wasn't the Mayans, it was the Aztecs who made the sun-stone calendar and be real, they're not going to continue to keep adding more dates and expand the stone, they have to stop at some point and 12/21/12 is just a coincidence.

Also the Aztecs never had leap years, leap years were made hundreds of years afterwards. In reality, according to their calendar, we are in the year 2014-2016.

Also as side note/opinion, I have some hunch to believe that the Connecticut Elementary School Shooting was caused by the gunman falling into madness and going insane over this "Mayans" predicting the end of the world crap this coming Friday.

Nemo said:
Also as side note/opinion, I have some hunch to believe that the Connecticut Elementary School Shooting was caused by the gunman falling into madness and going insane over this "Mayans" predicting the end of the world crap this coming Friday.

I don't think it was that, I believe it was because he got bullied at that particular elementary school. He was shy but very smart, so he planned a shooting against the place because he hated it so much. That's what I heard from a teacher, but it may not be true.

Also, my dad said that the Mayan calendar ending on 2012 did not mean an apocalypse or any of that crazy stuff, but it meant that a change would occur (or as Wikipedia says it, "a positive physical or spiritual transformation"), and people just misinterpreted it.

MCS said:
Nemo said:

I don't think it was that, I believe it was because he got bullied at that particular elementary school. He was shy but very smart, so he planned a shooting against the place because he hated it so much. That's what I heard from a teacher, but it may not be true.
weird

there were previous masacres at high schools/colleges that whose shooters reasons for flipping out like that were for being bullied or being insane or both.

MCS said:

Also, my dad said that the Mayan calendar ending on 2012 did not mean an apocalypse or any of that crazy stuff, but it meant that a change would occur (or as Wikipedia says it, "a positive physical or spiritual transformation"), and people just misinterpreted it.
They haven't released any information on the motives behind the shooter.

And on the second part, I totally concur with that.

Do you know why the world can't end on the 21st? Because we at The 'Shroom have prepared a magnificent Holiday Issue to be released on the 22nd, and it'd be terrible to miss it because the world ended.

/shameless but on-topic advertising

Someone! Play the Song of Time! Or slow the days down!

I found some info about the topic, something is happening this Friday! The solstice, that's it.

The Earth will spin too.

Back