Collab: Good writing

Subspace Emissary has several aspects to it as well. I'd say it's just as complex, if not moreso, than Super Duel Mode and the likes. While it plays similarly to the basic modes, such as versus mode, Subspace Emissary has exclusive enemies, items, obstacles, and its own plot. It's basically 8+ hours of gameplay, which is a lot for a side mode. Subspace Emissary is also an entirely optional mode; you can unlock every single character without playing it. There are some things that are unlocked by playing Subspace Emissary, but that's also like saying Target Test, Multiman Melee, and Training Mode are required modes because there are milestones involved with those modes.

You made several strong points, but the biggest reason I want Subspace Emissary to be split from Brawl is so it enables us to have the freedom to expand it (adding enemies, items, interactive and harmful objects, plot, and the summary of each level) without having to further clutter Super Smash Bros. Brawl article.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games have articles with atrocious writing. I rewrote these two, but there is probably more to this absolute piece of billshot.

400m
110m Hurdles

She will also fail if she does not cross the finish line first therefore winning the race and the mission.
to win it she must finish the race before her rival, Princess Peach does. In other words she must cross the finish line before Peach crosses the finish line or else she will lose the challenge and have to try again. Peach is pretty fast so Blaze will have her work cut out for her.
Blaze must win the mission by crossing the finish line before her rival crosses it. Her rival is non-other than her best friend in the world, Amy Rose. Another hitch in her giddy-up is that[...]
Shadow must win the race by crossing the finish line before both his rival and his clone does. His rival and clone is, obviously, Sonic the Hedgehog! Sonic is a speed character and will therefore be incredibly hard to out-speed and win the race against. However if Shadow does not win the race, he will not win the challenge either.
If he crosses it in either first place or any other place below second place, he will lose the challenge however if he crosses the finish line in first place he will win the race.
Sonic must run as fast as he can to defeat his rival to the finish line or he will lose the challenge. Sonic's rival is none other than Nintendo's mascot, Sonic's inspiration, the crime-fighting, drain-fixing, pain-in-the-drain plumber; Mario!
will be slowed down not by a handicap but bye the fact that
To win it, he must win the race by crossing the finish line before all of the other competitors, the other racers, cross the finish line.

This writing is an embarrassment to this wiki.

400m Hurdles

Not even a rewrite template for that dam thing.

To win it Bowser must finish the race but the necessary requirements for placement are not that he place in first but that he place between forty-five and fifty-three seconds time once the race is done.
To win this mission, Daisy must do what was done two times in the Wii version, once by Daisy herself, as a mission in the DS version, the only difference being that in the DS version there was a time limit. This thing that Daisy must do is, once again, win the race without knocking down a single hurdle though this time she can score with any time (as long as she comes in first) and not just between to preset times.
To win it, Waluigi must simply cross the finish line at the end of the race before all of the other competitors in the race, the racers, cross the finish line. There is a problem with Waluigi's start at the beginning of the race in that he will have to wait three seconds after everybody else starts to start thus giving him a three second handicap in the race which he will have to come in first with.
To win this mission Sonic must run the race and win it but he must perform a maneuver a total of seven whole times during the course of the race. The maneuver that Sonic must perform seven times in the race is called a sprint jump; it is done by tapping the bottom screen with the stylus to make Sonic jump and, because of the jump, speed up. If Sonic sprint jumps six times or less, he loses the mission though that does not necessarily mean he loses the race.

Castle Gardens must be such an incredibly pivotal location in Super Mario Galaxy, judging by the article content, right?

The Castle Gardens page was a page on the Super Mario Wiki describing a location in Super Mario Galaxy. It consisted of four paragraphs describing the tutorial area of Super Mario Galaxy with more verbiage that it is humanly readable, a screenshot captionned with "The Castle Gardens during the centennial Star Festival.", the categories "Places", "Super Mario Galaxy", and "Rewrite Requested, and, for a portion of its existence, a gaudy blue template with the notice "It has been requested that this page or section be rewritten because it needs clean up. "

During the events of Super Mario Wiki: Nanotech Disaster, editors and anonymous readers alike observed the Castle Gardens in slack-jawed horror, mortified by the page's gross disregard for economy of detail. During its existence, users and anoynmous users alike derived bemusement from the page's poor quality. His Excellency Bureaucrat for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Dr. Glowsquid, VC, DSO, MC, King of Scotland, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the Internet in North America in General and the Super Mario Wiki in Particular, noticed the Castle Garden's unholy aura and the misery it caused to editors and heroically clicked the "Edit" button adorned at the top of the page. Glowsquid rewrote the page, cursing whoever had wrote it originally.

Following the rewrite of Castle Gardens, Glowsquid made an horrible post detailling his final victory.

I nearly broke my spine over that

Broke your spine? Really? Because that's nothing compared to what I did for the Subspace Emissary section in Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I made it in three edits because there was a real life in between).

Nevertheless, I further cut the Star Festival page.

Imma go find some other Son of Suns™ masterpieces.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Bros._%28film%29#Plot_synopsis

Rewriting the plot for a ----ty movie.....now won't that be a load of fun? >_________>

Your turn.

If nobody's going to do it, then I might as well do the horrible thing.

I absolutely HATE it when editors organize items in a table in an organization like this, this, this (outdated), and this (also outdated). I don't care if it looks "different", organizing items in this manner is a hideous mess, a total eyesore, and entirely unprofessional.

I think wikitables as they're used most of the time are a complete eyesore that don't actually serve to organize the content in any useful way (what the fuck is this bullshit?) and I'd gladly support a crackdown on them.

(I don't think is all that related to this thread's subject, though?)

*shrugs* don't know what I was smoking there. I guess the things the two have in common is that they're both cringe-worthy

Floaty Jump
Floaty Jump is a move used only by six characters: Mario, Luigi, Yellow Toad, Blue Toad, Cosmic Wario, and Princess Peach.

Not a good sign when you see Cosmic Wario being lumped in with the rest. It also has information on the Mini Mario form for some reason. It also has information on Yoshi's Flutter Jump and Luigi's scuttle as well.

Why not add Tanooki Mario's slow descent?
Or one of Pokemon Stadium 2's many stage effects?
Or Cape Mario?
Or the Parasol effect from Super Smash Bros. Melee?

See how messy this article can be?

Yeah, the writing is hard to follow.

The Basic/General Information section for each "region" isn't the best writing nevertheless, right? Are Mushroom Kingdom and Beanbean's respective section bad?

Link is to an old revision of the page - I removed the descriptions, though I didn't touch the "government" and "demographics" section as my shift was about to start and I didn't have time to properly rewrite them.

The section is stupid, but I'm not sure how it can be rewritten.

Back