Collab: Good writing

In fact, I think a lot of Bowser's sections can be trimmed. They seem to focus on the entire plot of the games, and I think it should be a short summary of what happens.

La Marionette said:
In fact, I think a lot of Bowser's sections can be trimmed. They seem to focus on the entire plot of the games, and I think it should be a short summary of what happens.
Bowser is actually the largest article on the wiki, larger than even the articles that are nothing but lists. Considering that it's more than double the length of Luigi's article, I do agree that it needs some trimming.

Time Turner said:
La Marionette said:
Bowser is actually the largest article on the wiki, larger than even the articles that are nothing but lists. Considering that it's more than double the length of Luigi's article, I do agree that it needs some trimming.

That's really insane. Maybe we should unfeature this or something?

Baby Luigi said:
Time Turner said:
La Marionette said:

That's really insane. Maybe we should unfeature this or something?
Perhaps we should talk with the people who spent so much time expanding Bowser's article first before doing anything drastic to it.

But sections such as the Bowser's Inside Story clearly violates the good writing standards we impose. It needs to be a brief summary of what Bowser does in the game, not some 5-6 paragraph story about it. It can be trimmed like what I did to Baby Luigi's article.

Baby Luigi said:
But sections such as the Bowser's Inside Story clearly violates the good writing standards we impose. It needs to be a brief summary of what Bowser does in the game, not some 5-6 paragraph story about it. It can be trimmed like what I did to Baby Luigi's article.
I'm not saying we shouldn't trim them. I am saying that we shouldn't do it without talking with the people who spent a lot of time getting it to that point. I think they might be more than a little disappointed that all their work is unnecessary. Wouldn't it be best if we actually tell them what we're going to do, first?

I don't know who wrote the article though

YoshiKong said:
Toa 95 has worked hard on it.

And look how that turned out.

I like the effort poured onto this, but it crashes my internet whenever I load and I think it should be trimmed

Just like my work in that Baby Luigi article....

Baby Luigi said:
I like the effort poured onto this, but it crashes my internet whenever I load and I think it should be trimmed

That's like, what, the third time you've brought up Baby Luigi's article?

But I agree. I suppose some of it could be cut down a bit. And in the case of the BIS section, a lot.

Toa 95 said:
Baby Luigi said:

Because I was proud of it, I worked hard on it, and it ended up on the BJAODN. So yeah I'm still pretty proud of it.

Let me excuse myself

Baby Luigi said:
Toa 95 said:
Baby Luigi said:

Because I was proud of it, I worked hard on it, and it ended up on the BJAODN. So yeah I'm still pretty proud of it.

Let me excuse myself

Not complaining, just saying...

Oh, I'm not intentionally trying to discourage people from working hard. I just want to give you a heads up; I can help trimming the article. I trim words often, and I feel like working on something major. I'm going to have a great time trimming Bowser if you don't mind.

I'm going to edit Bowser section by section just in case I cut too much, so you can revert my edit easily while keeping some parts I cut.

La Marionette said:
Oh, I'm not intentionally trying to discourage people from working hard. I just want to give you a heads up; I can help trimming the article. I trim words often, and I feel like working on something major. I'm going to have a great time trimming Bowser if you don't mind.

I'm going to edit Bowser section by section just in case I cut too much, so you can revert my edit easily while keeping some parts I cut.

I personally wanted to see if I could cut down the BIS section while keeping the main plot details. Of course, I don't know how well I would end up doing, and it would still be a few paragraphs long...

Of course, with what I got so far, it's been cut down by (I believe) 7-8 paragraphs... and as it is right now it's 19 paragraphs dedicated to the story and how Bowser is involved...

Bowser's Inside Story section needs the most help, but I would like to see those Mario Party sections get trimmed as well. Same goes for the Mario RPGs including Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG. Again, though, the article overall needs to be trimmed a lot.

The " Other Appearances, Cameos and References" section needs to be incorporated into the main article, especially Super Mario-Kun. In fact, there is sparse information on those comics compared to the amazing information covered on almost everything else.

Bump.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl#Subspace_Emissary

Holy mother of fuck, this needs trimming.

So........unfeature the article!?!?!??!

The proposal got canceled, though

I know it did. I don't know why it did. You brought up good points.

I brought up good points, too. Those modes are split because of how complex they are, and how they require explanations on numerous aspects. For the Subspace Emisarry... It's certainly long, but there's really not much that needs to be covered. There's the enemies (which seem kind of tacked on in the first place) the bosses and the levels (which are relatively short tables), and the actual plot (which is an enormous block that should not be an enormous block at all). Also, the modes that you referred to, at least from what I can tell, are entirely optional. The Subspace Emissary, on the other hand, is pretty much the main game, so splitting what is essentially the biggest draw from the article seems a bit odd. Besides length, which we've all agreed that we're going to shorten, I really don't see why it should be separated. Also, I provided an example of another mode being merged, so it's not like this is an isolated incident.

(I'm typing this from a phone, so excuse any bad formatting.)

Back