Collab: Good writing

Glowsquid said:
whoever rewrote that deserves a *bleep*ing medal.

Give that medal to LGM then. I wonder how much appendages she lost in the process

Hold up a second; this just hit me as I was doing more votes. So, am I to conclude that ALL the articles on this wiki are to be written in a completely neutral standpoint and just put in the necessary details that make the article easy to read?! Because now I see why I've been seeing rewrite tags on some pages because the info put on there is too much, or the viewpoints are somewhat biased.

Someone help clarify this for me or if I'm assuming correctly in this regards. Because this tells me that this standard is getting enforced, and big time.

MeritC said:
Hold up a second; this just hit me as I was doing more votes. So, am I to conclude that ALL the articles on this wiki are to be written in a completely neutral standpoint and just put in the necessary details that make the article easy to read?! Because now I see why I've been seeing rewrite tags on some pages because the info put on there is too much, or the viewpoints are somewhat biased.

Someone help clarify this for me or if I'm assuming correctly in this regards. Because this tells me that this standard is getting enforced, and big time.

thats generally how a wiki works, yes... :???:

I just want to let you know that these three articles are going through an unfeaturing process. Check out the Plot "Synopsis". I put "Synopsis" in quotes for a reason.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

I also had a discussion with YoshiKong about Princess Peach's voice, as well. In its current shape, it looks as if it can fit into BJAODN, much as how Baby Luigi's Partners in Time section (http://www.mariowiki.com/MarioWiki:BJAODN/Characters#Baby_Luigi ) went into there. I don't want to offend, but I find Peach's Voice to be... convoluted.

La Marionette said:
I also had a discussion with YoshiKong about Princess Peach's voice, as well. In its current shape, it looks as if it can fit into BJAODN, much as how Baby Luigi's Partners in Time section (http://www.mariowiki.com/MarioWiki:BJAODN/Characters#Baby_Luigi ) went into there. I don't want to offend, but I find Peach's Voice to be... convoluted.
^ I'm on it.

EDIT: Done. (Princess Peach's voice) I've removed almost 12 000 bytes of unnecessary information and details irrelevant to the article's subject. If anyone can suggest or carry out some further improvements (if you can think of any), that would be great.

It was surprisingly hard to come up with an opening line that wasn't "Princess Peach's voice is the voice of Princess Peach".

Also, I dunno if it's really necessary to have all those quotations: it seems more like padding, and they'd fit better in the M&L:SS quotes page.

Walkazo said:
It was surprisingly hard to come up with an opening line that wasn't "Princess Peach's voice is the voice of Princess Peach".

Well I already modified that line quite a while ago

Honestly, I don't think you need a plot synopsis of what happened. You can condense it even further. For instance, the last paragraph can be shortened to a few sentences.

:EDIT: I cut much more out.

Also, I would like to bring up Beanbean Kingdom. The Economy section is amusingly sophisticated. Check this out:

The Beanbean Kingdom utilizes a market-based economy, much like the Mushroom Kingdom. People make a living by providing goods and/or services to others in exchange for tender, either in the form of Beanbean Coins or otherwise. This tender is then used to purchase goods and/or services from a different individual or to build up one's own ability to provide goods and/or services, creating a cyclical nature to the process.

Beanbean Coins are the official legal tender of the kingdom. These coins boast a much higher monetary value than the coins of the Mushroom Kingdom. The exact exchange rate between the two is subject to change rapidly.

Primarily, physical goods are brought to consumers through shops, such as the clothing and item shops in Beanbean Castle Town or the Little Fungitown shop. Each shopkeeper utilizes his or her own sources for obtaining items, and as a result, selection and prices vary throughout the kingdom. Most shops both buy and sell goods. Like the selling price of an item, the buying price varies from shop to shop.

The service economy is typically vaster as it includes both organizations, such as Beanbean Air, and individuals, such as the photographer who resides in the castle town's park. Tourism, one of the Beanbean Kingdom's largest draws, is included in this sector.

Smithy

Oh, dear god.

Smithy is the diabolical leader of the Smithy Gang, an evil organization that attempted to rule over the Mushroom World during the events of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. To do this, Smithy tried to eliminate the power of wishes from the world and, additionally, fill the world with his weapons. He is a gray mechanical monstrosity that wears a gold crown and has a long, white beard. As such, he resembles a diabolical Santa Claus.[1] He hails from another dimension, a dimension that is accessible by the gateway Exor. In his dimension, he resides in his Factory, where, day and night, Smithy creates mechanical monsters to be unleashed against the peaceful people of other worlds. It's also implied during the final battle that there were multiple prior versions of him, due to the various heads littered in his final battle arena.

It doesn't get any better.

Once Bowser's Keep is occupied, Smithy sends out his various lieutenants to terrorize the people of the planet, and to recover the Star Pieces that have the potential to restore wishes to the world. Smithy did not want anyone returning the Star Pieces to Star Road, as the road's recovery would allow the power of wishes to counter the power of the Smithy Gang's weapons.

Eventually, Mario's band of heroes liberates Bowser's Keep and enters Smithy's dimension via Exor. Once there, they plan to eliminate the threat of Smithy and his weapons once for all. The heroes battle past mechanical minions and the factory's management staff, eventually reaching the supreme leader of the Smithy Gang in his forge. Smithy is busy creating new weapons when Mario and company first meet him. As it turns out, Smithy has the last Star Piece embedded in his body, presumably to prevent anyone from restoring the power of wishes to the world. Smithy calmly asks Mario to turn over his Star Pieces, and when Mario refuses, an epic battle commences.

I'm not surprised it's one of those earlier featured articles.

Geno and Star Piece aren't as bad as Smithy, though, but they do have lines like this:

Glorious Geno
Some time later, Rose Town is besieged by the Smithy Gang. Bowyer, one of Smithy's lieutenants, is launching arrows into the small town and paralyzing people. As a result, the people of Rose Town cannot leave their homes for fear of being paralyzed by one of Bowyer's arrows.

Geno enters the forest to challenge Bowyer, the arrow-firing fiend, and retrieves the Star Piece that Bowyer discovers.

Geno acts as a sage-like figure to Mario and his allies. He has an understanding of the bigger picture and the greater consequences of cosmic events. Consequently, Geno offers the heroes advice about matters the others may not understand. For instance, after Mario and his allies liberate Bowser's Keep, Bowser decides to quit the team and return to the castle. However, Geno points out that until Smithy and his factory are destroyed, Bowser's Keep is still at risk. Thus Bowser decides to continue the fight.

Despite his strength, Geno perfectly defines the term, "glass cannon". His physical powers are incredible, but his defense, both magical and physical, are the worst in the game and HP is not very high either. Geno does succeed in other areas, though. His speed trumps Mario and his strength exceeds Bowser, making Geno the party's likely assassin, good for taking out difficult enemies early in the round. When equipped with the Feather, Geno is the only character able of defeating a Shy Ranger(provided Mario doesn't the Super Suit + Attack Scarf combination). Except for Geno Boost, a support move, Geno's special moves largely revolve around single and multiple enemy attacks. Most of his magic is difficult to execute perfectly, however. Geno's power begins to deteriorate late-game, unfortunately, as his ultimate weapon, the Star Gun, is not nearly as powerful as others, such as Mario's, the Lazy Shell.

Star Piece
Mack's group terrorizes the Mushroom Kingdom while hoarding the Star Piece in the throne room[...]
Ultimately, the two sides engage in a fight, with Mario's side coming out the victor. With Smithy destroyed, the seventh Star Piece is free from his grasp, and Geno, now in possession of all seven Star Pieces, is able to repair the Star Road.

The problem with Star Piece, though, is the sections don't really describe the locations. It describes what's going on pertaining to the star pieces, so it seems as if it's a story about the star pieces. As a result, it's not an article about star pieces. It's an article of how Mario and his party try to get the star pieces.

i wanted to make a separate thread for SMRPG once my schedule ease up since the characters and locations page are pretty consitently bad... anyway, here's some lulzy quotes from Punchinello:

He's an explosives expert who likes to use Bob-ombs in battle. However, Punchinello is absolutely insane and has a bit of a temper, a character flaw that eventually brings about his destruction. Apparently, Punchinello lives as an outcast in the Moleville Mines, being ostracized from society because of his bad disposition. When one of the seven Star Piece crashed into the mine, he claimed the rare artifact for himself. Punchinello also wants to be famous one day (perhaps a result of his status as an outcast). Of course, when Mario and his allies arrive in Punchinello's lair looking for the Star Piece, the master of explosives sees an excellent opportunity. If he can defeat Mario (where so many others have failed), Punchinello realizes he will become famous all over the world.

[quote author=no poorly camofloshed walkthrough here no siree]Punchinello uses four varieties of Bob-omb to aid him in battle. In the beginning of skirmish, Punchinello releases four Micro Bombs, tiny Bob-ombs that do relatively little damage. Mallow's Thunderbolt attack can easily eliminate these minor threats. As Mallow focuses on the bombs, Mario and Geno can attack Punchinello directly. After Punchinello receives enough damage, the mad villain realizes his opponents are tougher than he originally thought. Scraping the Micro Bombs, he summons regular-sized Bob-ombs to attack the heroes. Again, Mallow can use his lighting magic to defeat these bomb enemies, while Mario and Geno focus on pummeling Punchinello. After a few more rounds, Punchinello summons the large Mezzo Bombs, powerful Bob-ombs that inflict major damage when they self-destruct. At this time, Mallow should switch from magic to regular attacks, hitting Punchinello with his Cymbals. Although the Mezzo Bombs are strong, if Mario, Mallow, and Geno can quickly eliminate Punchinello, the Mezzo Bombs won't be a threat. [/quote]

Even more enraged, Punchinello angrily pounds the ground, attempting to summon the King Bomb. Eventually, a King Bomb does fall from the ceiling. However, in his rage, Punchinello wasn't paying attention and the King Bomb smushed him. In the end, his overweening pride proved to be end of him. Ironically, Punchinello was flattened by the very tool he was going to use to make himself immortal.

La Marionette said:
Honestly, I don't think you need a plot synopsis of what happened. You can condense it even further. For instance, the last paragraph can be shortened to a few sentences.

:EDIT: I cut much more out.
Tag-team editing is definitely an effective way to trim stuff. I made a couple more tweaks to the phrasing of a couple bits, but I think we've got it down to a good length now. I also removed a lot of the gallery: most of the images were just as useless as the quotes. (The one where the voice is written in blue and the explosive vocab one are worthwhile, however, and I left the Peach-bot one for reference too.)

Do we need all those media files at the end of the article?

Here's Smithy Gang. Horrible writing, just as a lot of Super Mario RPG articles.

The Smithy Gang is an evil organization composed of the mechanical monstrosities created by the villain Smithy. The primary goal of the Smithy Gang was world domination, which it came close to doing during the events of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Additionally, Smithy wanted to fill the world with weapons and destroy the power of wishes by shattering the Star Road. Their main base of operations was Smithy's Factory, which existed in a dimension beyond Mushroom World. Their secondary base was Bowser's Keep, which the fiend Exor occupied during the beginning of their invasion. The sword creature acted as a gateway between the two worlds, allowing Smithy's forces to overrun Mario's world.

La Marionette said:
Do we need all those media files at the end of the article?
Nope. I removed it, but included links to most of the videos as references for the story summary: if ya got it, use it.

Wow the article has been pruned a lot, thanks for the collab guys. So shall we remove the {{construction}} template now?

Do you think it's a good idea to put the original work into BJAODN?

as the original author I would like to say no, if that's okay.

Okay, then.

By the way, those Super Mario RPG articles we're digging up are getting numerous.

Superstar

Possibly one of the most pointless articles in existence.

Superstar is a term used in the Mushroom and Beanbean Kingdoms to describe famous heroes who actively work against villains such as Bowser or Cackletta. Superstars are placed in very high regard and receive royal treatment from all those who meet them and recognize them as such. Mario and Luigi are widely considered the superstars of the Mushroom Kingdom, while Prince Peasley is the superstar of the Beanbean Kingdom. Unlike the term Super Star, it is not unusual that there would be more than one superstar at one given time.

Bowser's Inside Story section in Bowser, needs to be trimmed, no offense. If the whole plot needs to be covered, it should be done in the respective article.

In the third Mario and Luigi game, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Bowser is the main protagonist, and his playability is a major plot point, and the namesake of the game; much of Mario and Luigi's gameplay also takes place inside Bowser's body. At the beginning, Bowser interrupts a conference on the Blorbs by barging into the room, to once again kidnap Peach, but Mario stands in his way. During the resulting battle, Bowser only attacks by spitting fireballs at the player. When the player defeats him, Bowser is surprised to see that he has fallen to Mario so easily; Starlow explains that she and Peach used their power to weaken him. Peach and Starlow then use their power to fling him out of the castle and into Dimble Wood.

After a Magikoopa recovers him, Bowser is determined to return to the castle and kidnap Peach, although he does not know where he is. After exploring, he finds a shop run by a cloaked being, who offers him a "Lucky Mushroom", claiming it can give him power enough to defeat Mario. Eating the mushroom, Bowser is placed under Fawful's controll, as well as inhaling his surroundings. Bowser then breaks into Peach's castle a second time and inhales Mario, Luigi, Toadsworth, Starlow, Toadbert, Princess Peach, and several other Toads, passing out after doing so. Afterward, Fawful arrives and orders his minion Midbus to remove Bowser from the premises.

By hitting a large, yellow Nubbin in Bowser's Funny Bone, Mario and Luigi awaken Bowser in Cavi Cape Cave. He is extremely angered by the events that transpired, but is unaware that he inhaled everyone at Peach's castle. After arriving at the cave's exit, Bowser encounters Fawful, who proclaims that he is going to take over his castle and the entire Mushroom Kingdom. Before Bowser can chase after Fawful, Midbus appears. Bowser attempts to face him, but finds he is still too weak. Midbus leaves him, and Bowser resolves to head to his castle.

At Plack Beach, Bowser meets Broque Monsieur, a living block and block collector, who is trapped on a nearby island. Broque asks Bowser to free him, though he does not care to do so. Broque then offers him the Vacuum Block, a block which can give its user the vacuum attack, in exchange for help. Bowser accepts, grabs a nearby rope to pull the island over. In the Arm Center, Mario and Luigi stimulate Bowser's arm muscle, allowing him to yank the entire island onto the beach. As promised, Broque gives Bowser the Vaccuum Block, allowing him to use his vaccuum ability.

At the north end of the beach, Bowser encounters the Sea Pipe Statue. He attempts to destroy it after hearing its lore and declaring it ugly, though Starlow stops him. However, the statue starts to move. Fawful, using a Fawfulcopter, explains to him that he animated the statue, and it engages Bowser in battle. Once the statue is defeated, Bowser becomes thirsty and begins to drink the water flowing out of it, allowing Mario and Luigi access to the Pump Works, where they find the Stingler to access the Flame Pipe and destroy the giant Scutlet clogging the pipe. This allows Bowser his ability to breathe fire again.

Near the end of the forest, Bowser notices a cage full of Goombas, trapped there by Fawful. He decides to help them, first by making a bridge to the island they are trapped on by using a Wiggler statue, which he is only able to lift once Mario and Luigi boost his arm muscle a second time. Upon freeing the Goombas, a Fawfulcopter appears and Fawful explains that several of his other minions have also been trapped in various locations.

Afterward, Bowser finds three more of his minions: Sergeant Guy, Corporal Paraplonk, and Private Goomp. The trio tell him that they plan to recapture Bowser's castle by launching a Banzai Bill at it, informing him that they have the launcher but no ammunition. He sends them out to retrieve one, then heads off on his own for the same purpose. Instead, at Wiggler's garden, he finds a massive carrot. Deeming it a suitable substitute, he is able to pull it out of the ground after Mario and Luigi once again increase his muscle mass. The Wiggler appears, angry due to Bowser uprooting the vegetable. Bowser does not care, though, and asks if it has any Banzai Bills. The Wiggler answers yes, but agrees to give it to him if he can eat the carrot in less than one minute. Inside Bowser's body, Mario and Luigi help to digest the carrot in the Gut Check. After eating the carrot, Bowser asks for the Banzai Bill, but the Wiggler is instead enraged due to him eating the carrot and fights him. After it's defeat, the Wiggler surrenders the Banzai Bill.

After arriving back at the site of the launcher, Bowser and his minions launch the bullet at the castle. Midbus, however, takes notice of the Banzai Bill and flies the castle into the air. He then flies it to Dimble Woods and lands the castle on top of Bowser. In order to revive him, the Mario bros. must head to Rump Command, where they can give Bowser an adrenaline boost. The boost not only revives him but also causes him to grow to a gigantic size. With his increased height, Bowser fights his castle, damaging it to the point where Midbus retreats, flying it back to its original position. After the battle, Bowser decreases in size again and continues his journey to his castle. On the Bowser Path, when Bowser approaches his castle, Midbus once again flies it away. He chases the castle once more and reaches a ledge when Midbus fires a massive cannonball at him. He is able to catch the projectile, but Mario and Luigi must once again increase his arm's strength, which causes Bowser to hurl the projectile back at the castle and permanently ground it.

Once Bowser arrives in his castle, he sees that his minions have been enslaved, and that the entire building has been converted into Fawful Theater. Bowser enters the theater itself, but finds no available seats. While lodging a complaint, one of the Goombas realizes that he is Bowser, and leads him to the "VIP" chair. After Fawful introduces the show, he announces that Bowser is the show's "special guest", and the chair rockets forward, throwing him on the stage when it stops. Midbus then arrives onstage, and a cage is dropped over the two, forcing them to battle. Once Bowser emerges victorious, Fawful has several Boos lead him to a winner's feast. He eats some, and when he attempts to leave, he is forced to stay by the Boos. At this point, they feed him so much "high-fat, high-calorie" food that he becomes severely obese. The Boos leave, and Bowser becomes stuck in the floor; Bowser's fat allows Mario and Luigi to traverse the Flab Zone.

After Peach is freed from Alpha Kretin, Fawful removes her from Bowser's body using a ray gun. Midbus then pulls a treadmill in, which Bowser uses to literally burn the fat he gained after they leave. Still on fire, Bowser walks over to several crates of Bob-ombs to see a sign telling him his location; he lights one, which jumps into one of the crates. The bombs detonate, which send him flying out of the castle and into the Tunnel. In the tunnel, he finds the Monty Bros., who are building an escape tunnel to Toad Town as per Bowser's orders. He decides to help them by pushing the drill from behind, assisted by Mario and Luigi who stimulate his legs from in the Leg Outpost. Upon reaching Toad Town Tunnels, he enters a chamber which activates a security system that electrocutes him, knocking him unconscious.

He later regains consciousness and travels to Doctor Toadley's office, where he encounters the Mario brothers and battles them. Bowser uses the same attacks as when the player battles with him: punching, breathing fire, Goomba Storm, and Shy Guy Squad, though he does not use the second until later in the battle. His punch can be dodged by jumping, and if Bowser huffs before, he instead slips and leaps over his target. The fire is avoided by grabbing onto Starlow while he is charging the blast. Goomba Storm can be avoided by jumping over them and hammering the ones he burns back at Bowser, which damages him. Finally, Shy Guy Squad is stopped by deflecting Bowser with the hammer as he approaches one of the brothers. Once Mario and Luigi defeat him, the doctor tells the trio that they need to find the three Star Cures to cure the Blorbs and gain access to Peach's Castle. He then tells them that the first cure is held by Durmite, whom he states to be located in Dimble Wood. After hearing this, Bowser rushes off toward the woods.

At Bubble Lake, Bowser encounters the Tower of Yikk after traversing. He notes the propeller on top of the structure, and figures that it can fly him to Dimble Woods. He once again sniffs the flowers nearby, and the Mario brothers must stimulate his sinuses to unleash another powerful sneeze. The gust from said sneeze causes the entire Tower of Yikk to emerge from the lake, come to life, and step on Bowser. The Mario bros. must then head to Rump Command again to revive him and increase his size. After defeating the tower, it is immobilized, allowing Bowser to enter. At the tower's top, Bowser encounters Yikk himself, who guides him through the use of the Boo-ray Machine, which lets Mario and Luigi continue through the Energy Hold to find Durmite.

Outside the tower, Bowser finds Private Goomp. After explaining his objective to Goomp, the Goomba states that Bowser has a Star Cure in his treasure room that he apparently won from Kuzzle (however, Kuzzle states otherwise; he explains to Mario and Luigi that Bowser was confused by his puzzles and stole the cure). However, when he reaches the entrance to the underground, he finds it to be sealed. Out on the balcony, Bowser finds a massive Fawful statue, and decides to use it to gain access to the underground. However, when he attempts to push it, several of Bowser's hypnotized minions appear and try to stop him. With Mario and Luigi's help in the Leg Outpost, Bowser is able to push the statue over the edge and open the path to the underground.

Upon reaching and entering the vault, Bowser is shocked to see a train track running straight through it. The Monty Bros. then arrive on a Fawful-shaped train and explain that the "escape tunnel" project was commandeered by Fawful to be used for the Fawful Express. As Bowser attempts to obtain the cure from a safe, the express departs as he is standing on the tracks, and it eventually rams him into a massive rock. In Rump Command, Mario and Luigi once again revive Bowser and make him giant. After the express is destroyed, Bowser reverts to his normal size and returns to the vault. The vault containing the cure is brought to him, but when he attempts to input the combination he realizes that he has forgotten it. Inside Bowser's Memory Banks Mario and Luigi are able to reassemble the section of Bowser's mind containing the safe combination. After he opens it, however, Sergeant Guy, Corporal Paraplonk, and Private Goomp, who are present in the safe during the battle, shove him inside. The safe is then deposited in Peach's Castle. Afterward, Bowser eats the Star Cure, which Mario and Luigi find in the Gut Check.

After Mario and Luigi defeat Junker, the robot's rampage frees Bowser from the safe, but his back hurts after being crammed inside it for too long. Inside the Lumbar Nook, Mario and Luigi are able loosen his back, revitalizing Bowser and enabling him to use the Spike Ball move. He then continues his search for Fawful inside Peach's castle. He finds Fawful and Midbus, who are using Princess Peach to awaken the Dark Star, in a room on the first floor. Midbus asks Fawful to allow him to face Bowser, and, for the sake of his pride, Fawful allows this, but powers him up into Blizzard Midbus before he departs. After defeating him, though, Peach's container shatters and she falls unconscious, and the Dark Star awakens. Fawful uses his Vacuum Helmet to absorb it's power, but Bowser interrupts the process by punching him away, though the power he had absorbed is enough to transform him into Dark Fawful. Bowser desires to use the Dark Star to rule the world himself, but it flies down into his throat. Swallowing the star gives him chest pains, and he uses the icy breath Midbus is emitting from his nostrils to quell the pain. This allows Mario and Luigi to travel through the Airway. After the bros. defeat the Dark Star in battle, it leaves Bowser's body and, having absorbed some of Bowser's DNA, transforms into Dark Bowser; however, since it only has a portion of its power at the moment, the transformation is incomplete. Hearing Fawful's voice, Dark Bowser recognizes him and rushes off toward his location, with Bowser in tow.

The Dark Star leads Bowser to the courtyard of Peach's Castle, where Fawful is also present. Wanting to get rid of Bowser, he has the castle transform into a robot, which immediately after stomps Bowser. At Rump Command, Mario and Luigi revive and size up Bowser. After defeating the castle, Dark Bowser shows up again. Bowser demands Peach, but the Dark Star ignores him and reenters the castle. While giving chase, Bowser finds Fawful in the conference room. Desiring to eliminate him, Fawful faces Bowser himself. Fawful's body is destroyed when he loses, but he survives as a mass of dark energy, which escapes. However, Dark Bowser appears right outside and inhales the remains of Fawful, completing the transformation into Dark Bowser. It then punches through the throne, revealing a secret passage behind.

After chasing Dark Bowser to a high tower above the castle, the real Bowser encounters him on the opposite end, an unconscious Peach nest to him. Dark Bowser then claims that he is going to rule the world, and covers the Mushroom Kingdom in a veil of darkness. Starlow reminds Bowser that she, Mario, and Luigi can help in in the battle, and attempts to reveal that Mario and Luigi are inside his body at this point, but Bowser cannot hear her. He then engages in the final battle with Dark Bowser. During the battle, damage Dark Bowser enough allows him to inhale Fawful, which the Mario bros face. After Fawful and the Dark Star are defeated, Bowser is able to destroy his now unstable dark counterpart, doing so with a series of punches followed by a single more powerful punch.

Bowser then witnesses as the Dark Star is destroyed. Afterward, Starlow desires to know the status of Princess Peach; Bowser had apparently forgotten her during the fight, and figures that he can kidnap her now. However, inside Bowser's body, Fawful is still alive, and self-destructs in a last ditch effort to destroy Mario and Luigi. This does not kill them, and instead sends them and everyone else inside Bowser's body flying to the outside world. He is angered by the fact that Mario and Luigi were inside his body the whole time, and is even more outraged when he discovers "Chippy's" identity as Starlow. Everyone leaves, and Mario and Luigi face Bowser once again, their battle being shown as the credits roll. Bowser loses the fight, and his minions carry him back to his castle, where he is bedridden.

Back at the castle, Private Goomp, Corporal Paraplonk, and Sergeant Guy are present in Bowser's room, asking for their positions back when Birdley, Dr. Toadley's bird, flies in and drops a box onto Bowser's bed, while a Magikoopa who enters informs him that it is from Peach. Starlow then emerges from inside, wanting to check on him out of fear that he may attack Peach's castle again, though Bowser informs her that he is focusing on rebuilding his own castle at the moment. Still angry about the truth, he yells at her to leave. After she does so, he has everyone else leave and return to their duties. Once Bowser is alone, he opens the box, revealing a cake with Bowser's face in frosting, Mario, Luigi, and Peach figurines, and various other decorations.
Bowser using the Vacuum attack.

Bowser's normal battle system is mostly the same as Mario and Luigi's; his fire breath and punch are his equivalent of the Mario bros. hammer and jump attacks, respectively. Bowser's special attacks involve various Koopa Troop soldiers coming to his aid. Replacing Mario and Luigi's Bros. Badges is the Vacuum Block, which allows Bowser to inhale small enemies, items and parts of enemies, and sometimes Blitties. Any enemies that are inhaled are fought by Mario and Luigi. When being attacked, Bowser has two forms of defense: He can curl into his shell, or he can counterattack by punching.

Bowser also has a unique form of battle in that the player can fight while he is giant. During these battles, the player must hold the DS on its side. His health is also represented by a bar rather than a number. Bowser only has two attacks: punching, achieved by swiping the stylus across the Touch Screen, and breathing fire, achieved by the player blowing into the microphone. Occasionally, Mushrooms also appear during battle, which can be used to heal him. When counterattacking, Bowser can punch in the same way, or breathe fireballs by tapping the desired direction on the Touch Screen; however, the more fireballs spit, the smaller they are.

Bowser's ranking system is also different. It starts at Bronze Boss as the default and changes to Silver Boss at level 10, Gold Boss at level 20, and Final Boss at level 40.

Bowser's out-of-battle gameplay is also similar to the bros, using the X button and Y button buttons for all his actions. Pressing X button causes him to punch, allowing him to break objects such as large rocks as well as hitting blocks, and holding down Y button allows him to breathe fire in a continuous stream, letting him burn flammable objects; however, doing so for a prolonged time causes him to tire. At Bubble Lake, Bowser can go underwater, and the Y button switches functions to allow Bowser to swim. As the game progresses, Bowser gains two more abilities, giving these buttons alternative functions; by pressing R button, the X button allows Bowser to perform the Body Slam, and Y button allows him to use the Spike Ball move. He can also kick away small enemies and defeat them instantly. Bowser may also use special portals called Chakroads, which are used to teleport him to any location with a Chakroad that has been discovered.

Additionally, in the Flab Zone, the brothers occasionally encounter Nutsoglobins, who are not mandatory, but can help in navigating the area. Nutsglobins ask the player trivia questions about Bowser, but, before they so, they allow him or her to ask Bowser questions, with the Nutsoglobin being the mediator; each question asked costs five coins. They then ask the player the questions, which are based upon what Bowser says in response to the possible he or she can ask him. Whenever a Nutsoglobin talks to Bowser from inside his body, Bowser does not know who it is that is speaking.

Yikes. It's just like the Partners in Time thing with Baby Luigi

Back