Mario Party 9

New Super Mario said:
Creeper said:
Smugleaf said:
The 12th character is Kamek.

Well, didn't see that coming at ALL.
Me neither.

I'm kind of upset with the choice. I would have rather had Toadette or a good guy instead.

I agree.

It just doesn't make sense for him to take on the good side.

The only thing good about him is that he is unexpected, but for me, he's a huge disappointment. Eh, I'll planning on pirating the game.

I usually don't care for the character roster in games where the characters have no meaningful differences (just give me Boo B ) )

but that's actually kind of cool.

Well, I'm disappointed, Nintendo! Again... :( Do not get me wrong, Kamek is a good character but why Nintendo, why do you have to remove a good character and replace with a random one? First was Waluigi in Mario Kart 7 and now Toadette. I mean, the roster is smaller in comparison of the MP8's and yet they took out a good character. :mad:

as other information is not confimred
if Kamek playable, despite some debates whether he's species, he is actually a regular of Bowser's troop in many games
the only problem is the setting of villians in Party, unless the staff will use story mode to tell why Kamek becomes a player against Bowser

for Toadette if she's replaced, her problem is directly with the two species

Wargreymon said:
Well, I'm disappointed, Nintendo! Again... :( Do not get me wrong, Kamek is a good character but why Nintendo, why do you have to remove a good character and replace with a random one? First was Waluigi in Mario Kart 7 and now Toadette. I mean, the roster is smaller in comparison of the MP8's and yet they took out a good character. :mad:
Personally, I would kiss Nintendo's feet if I could for placing a badass character like Kamek over Toadette, who's main function is to waste space.

Kamek isn't against Bowser. It says in the video that Kamek is playing for Bowser.

He and Shy Guy are Bowser's minions, and unlockable characters.

Smashgoom202 said:
Personally, I would kiss Nintendo's feet if I could for placing a badass character like Kamek over Toadette, who's main function is to waste space.
Well, I respect your opinion but Toadette has been in Mario Party since the 6th one, she is not just wasting space... Someone could say DK was wasting space too, what is not true.

Wargreymon said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Well, I respect your opinion but Toadette has been in Mario Party since the 6th one, she is not just wasting space... Someone could say DK was wasting space too, what is not true.
She's as much a waste of space as Waluigi and Baby Daisy, namely a character created only to fill a character roster... And at least Waluigi, I feel, as some redeeming qualities about him.

DK, and indeed Kamek, isn't a waste of space because they have actual CHARACTER to them, and they've been in games other than spin-offs...

Yes, I realize Toadette was in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, but I feel her role could have easily been replaced by any other generic Toad character, or ANY character for that matter. It's not like she had much personality in that game, anyway.

Smashgoom202 said:
She's as much a waste of space as Waluigi and Baby Daisy, namely a character created only to fill a character roster... And at least Waluigi, I feel, as some redeeming qualities about him.
DK, and indeed Kamek, isn't a waste of space because they have actual CHARACTER to them, and they've been in games other than spin-offs...
Yes, I realize Toadette was in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, but I feel her role could have easily been replaced by any other generic Toad character, or ANY character for that matter. It's not like she had much personality in that game, anyway.
despite personal opinions and the difference with facts, in the theory of character, basically creating a character regardless of other characters is a waste, and afterwards not making good use of the existing character is another waste, thence your opinion can't build on the fact that the staff aren't making good rosters.

in your word, the point is right if the staff really tried to give story and personality by having them in more main games or RPG.

Well Toadette is better than Shy Guy or Boo or whatever. She's atleast an individual and not one of what could possibly a thousand others.

See that always bugs me with Nintendo is that they always confuse "character" with "species" and end up blurring the lines between them.

We have a Toad species and a Toad character. We have a Yoshi species and a Yoshi character. I think it all comes down to Nintendo not giving a damn. These characters started out as a species first, but because the species became iconic they wanted them to be playable in other games. So instead of making a unique individual to represent the species and stand out from the others, they said "screw it" and just made the species name into a generic character.

And that's exactly what they are doing here with Koopa and Shy Guy. Instead of having a unique Shy Guy or Koopa that would stand out as a character, they just use a generic number from the masses.

Wargreymon said:

New Characters Instead of the less important ones > Same Characters for each game.

If they kept keeping in the veterans, there wouldnt be room for more newer interesting characters. Kamek is a great choice btw. I always wanted him as a playable character ever since he was taken out of MK64.

Toadette is just a female toad. Thats why she's better suited as an NPC, IMO. I don't think Nintendo wanted to add another semi-clone, in after everybody raging at Metal Mario. Even though he was a full clone, they mightve just been making sure not to make a clone mistake again.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
New Characters Instead of the less important ones > Same Characters for each game.
IMO. I don't think Nintendo wanted to add another semi-clone, in after everybody raging at Metal Mario.
That is basically good thing, but the problem is, this time among all main characters, Toadette is the only recurring party member to be determined, where fans could think the staff are against her.

If she's not in due to normal rotation, excluding the protagonists Mario bros and Peach, generally three main characters have to leave at one time unless more places. Since you're not thinking of rotation but personal opinion, that's only off-topic.

The IMO partw as for what I thought of the new characters > veterans.

The reason under was what I thought might be going on in Nintendo's heads. So I wasn't being off-topic.

I dont think they value her as a good enough character, which is understandable.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
The IMO partw as for what I thought of the new characters > veterans.
The reason under was what I thought might be going on in Nintendo's heads. So I wasn't being off-topic.
I dont think they value her as a good enough character, which is understandable.
rotation means they have to leave spaces for other (maybe new) characters playable, the leaving characters are still playable next time,
the part you're off-topic is the personal opinion of specific character, that's not doing with the rule.

I said an opinion and I'm suddenly off-topic? It was about the character you were talking about so it mixed in with yours. And the character your talking about isn't even in the game. Your just stating you reasons of why she should be in.

"holy Sh1t guyz she not in da game so dat off torpic!"

and please tell me that English isn't your first language because it's hard to understand all your posts.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
I said an opinion and I'm suddenly off-topic? It was about the character you were talking about so it mixed in with yours. And the character your talking about isn't even in the game. Your just stating you reasons of why she should be in.

"holy Sh1t guyz she not in da game so dat off torpic!"
I think I delivered it, the problem here is not direct to Toadette herself as Reply #2540 said.
Your statement does seem like you're the one talking about her (or why she should "not" be in), and I think it's unrelated to the issue of introducing new characters.

Smashgoom202 said:
Wargreymon said:
Smashgoom202 said:

I'm gonna have to agree.

Kamek was created to be Bowser's loyal sidekick.
DK was created to be the hero of his own dang series (the current DK, that is).
Waluigi was created because they couldn't find another person to be partners with Wario.
Toadette was created because Toad's usual partner, Yoshi, already had a partner.

I kinda like Kamek in the game to replace Toadette (then again, he didn't replace Toadette, as she was absent in the Mario Party before that, Mario Party DS).

Evil Magikrazy said:
Waluigi was created because they couldn't find another person to be partners with Wario.
Toadette was created because Toad's usual partner, Yoshi, already had a partner.

I kinda like Kamek in the game to replace Toadette (then again, he didn't replace Toadette, as she was absent in the Mario Party before that, Mario Party DS).
if the staff think Toadette is replaced, the problem mostly goes to the other two, Kamek himself is an okay choice since he is sledom playable. But if Kamek didn't get specific reason to leave Bowser and participate in the game, could Bowser Jr be a better choice in the same rule?

judging the origin of character, the uses of creation should be more in main games, not spinoffs. (though in theory the "partners" are also usable in Mario/Wario main games, I've never seen them there)

Dorayaki said:
Evil Magikrazy said:

if the staff think Toadette is replaced, the problem mostly goes to the other two, Kamek himself is an okay choice since he is sledom playable. But if Kamek didn't get specific reason to leave Bowser and participate in the game, could Bowser Jr be a better choice in the same rule?

judging the origin of character, the uses of creation should be more in main games, not spinoffs. (though in theory the "partners" are also usable in Mario/Wario main games, I've never seen them there)
Seldom? He's never been playable before (DK took his spot in Mario Kart 64)!

Now that I think about it, is this really Kamek? Kamek is the Japanese name for Magikoopa. The only sure fire way to know is if he's near Bowser or kidnapping babies. Then again, maybe Bowser just calls the nearest Magikoopa near him Kamek (the same way the Ice King does with the name "Gunter").

Monkey D. Luffy said:

If they kept keeping in the veterans, there wouldnt be room for more newer interesting characters. Kamek is a great choice btw. I always wanted him as a playable character ever since he was taken out of MK64.
Good old characters are as important as new ones, imo.

And it is perfectly possible keep the veterans and add new characters, that's why I'm disappointed with Nintendo... :( They shrank the roster... They should increase it, and so add new characters. I think Kamek is nice too btw.

Back