Mario Party 9

Koopaul said:
Monkey D. Luffy said:
Since playing as the enemy for a change is nice.

For a change? You play as generic enemies all the time in Mario games. :rolleyes:
Yeah. Boo, Dry Bones and Hammer Bro where in Mario Party 8.

New Super Yoshi said:
Koopaul said:
Monkey D. Luffy said:

For a change? You play as generic enemies all the time in Mario games. :rolleyes:
Yeah. Boo, Dry Bones and Hammer Bro where in Mario Party 8.

I was talking about main mario games. Playing as blooper in a sidescroller doesnt work. So they put him in MP to give him a chance at being playable.

I mean really, Its not like I didn't know that you can play as Generics in MP Games, you'd have to be a fucking idiot to think that.

YoshiGo99 said:
Just that one character and the roster might actually be good!!Please be Toadette
Unlikly at this time.

I seen a source saying that story mode puts you against Bowser's Minions which are very likely Shy Guy and the unconfirmed character.

Well that kinda sucks that 2 Mario characters won't appear in a Mario Party and they are DK and Toadette. DK appeared in all of them and Toadette came in MP6

What really bugs me is that there are other potential characters and they get shafted in favor of generic enemies who are supposed to play supporting roles.

And the removal of Toadette and DK are a big mistake.

Actually, the removal of ANY character is a big mistake.

Shy Guy and Koopa are more like supporting characters and shopkeepers. But I actually like Shy Guy and Koopa but I feel they shouldn't be playable.

Shy Guy's fine too. My sister likes playing as him. But even my sister agreed that he shouldn't have been playable, not before other characters anyway

New Super Yoshi said:
YoshiGo99 said:
Just that one character and the roster might actually be good!!Please be Toadette
Unlikly at this time.

I seen a source saying that story mode puts you against Bowser's Minions which are very likely Shy Guy and the unconfirmed character.
I suspect Bowser Jr as the unconfirmed character.

Yoshidude99 said:
New Super Yoshi said:
YoshiGo99 said:
Unlikly at this time.

I don't think so. It would be hilarious if he lands on the Bowser Space

Koopaul said:
Monkey D. Luffy said:
Baby Luigi said:
What really bugs me is that there are other potential characters and they get shafted in favor of generic enemies who are supposed to play supporting roles.
in the last topic I mentioned those species in Mario world are not all enemies (to date mostly hammorbros and magikoopas do)
though actaully there are still fans of species
to stress on this I wonder why the staff never want to give Paper heros a try? that's both realistic and symbolic

in Toadette and DK's problem, it's not whethere they're playable, it's they're relatively playable in a roster

Dorayaki said:
to stress on this I wonder why the staff never want to give Paper heros a try? that's both realistic and symbolic

Because the staff has no taste in characters, that's why

Baby Luigi said:
Yoshidude99 said:
New Super Yoshi said:
YoshiGo99 said:
Unlikly at this time.

I don't think so. It would be hilarious if he lands on the Bowser Space
Most likely not Toadette. She's already been in past games, so Nintendo wouldn't hold off on telling us. It must be another newcomer.

Who are possible possibilities?
Toadsworth?
Rosalina?
That Lakitu guy?
Another character that's not a generic member from a species (and if it is, a difference from the others)?

Evil Magikrazy said:
Most likely not Toadette. She's already been in past games, so Nintendo wouldn't hold off on telling us. It must be another newcomer.

Who are possible possibilities?
at first though some information is from trailers, actually all data is not confirmed by official magazine or websites themselves, so we can't judge from the official like they're hiding a secret character.

the main Mario members are mostly in Party, overally if there will be a new player who's not species :
Bowser's team: impossible for Party's settings in theory
DK's team: if DK isn't an NPC, he could return, but it is scarcely Diddy or Dixie's stage this time.
others: Toadsworth? Rosalina?
those who haven't been playable in any spinoffs: Gadd, Pauline, Wario members

another problem is the host : here seems no original host, and in theory the host should be Toadsworth or Toadette if each of the two isn't a player, then actually they would still be in the 9th cover (front or back)
but the trailer shows a yellow toad making host, if he is, what's Toadette and Toadsworth's duty this time? (both players?)

There's something I discovered about Nintendo it that developers need to get permission to use characters that were developed by other in-party companies.

This current Mario Party is being develpoed by Nd Cube, since they are making it directly for Nintendo, they are allowed to use the Mario characters Nintendo EAD are responsible for. The Paper Mario characters were developed by Intelligent Systems, however the Star Spirits were in MP5.

It could be that they are lazy and don't feel like making 3D models for 2D characters which would explain why Wario Ware characters never appear.

Koopaul said:
There's something I discovered about Nintendo it that developers need to get permission to use characters that were developed by other in-party companies.
This current Mario Party is being develpoed by Nd Cube, since they are making it directly for Nintendo, they are allowed to use the Mario characters Nintendo EAD are responsible for. The Paper Mario characters were developed by Intelligent Systems, however the Star Spirits were in MP5.
It could be that they are lazy and don't feel like making 3D models for 2D characters which would explain why Wario Ware characters never appear.
abit offtopic; basically it could be a fact, but doesn't work for fans who only play game and don't care that, still all the games share the same brand.

In the aspect of story, if some characters are used for a specific event (ex, Twila in fight with Brighton), they are nonrecurring and of course won't be in futre spinoffs, but mostly they aren't. On the other hand, the staff also didn't make use of other original Mario members (Daisy, Birdo etc) in these games, and perhaps some original characters are unnecessary (ex, Camelot's sport clubs). For Wario series, it's based on Wario's personal life overseas (though a problem of Gadd/Crygor), but do have similar situation with DK series.

Paper heros are mostly concerned with the topic of species, so I think they mean the most here.

Back