Mario Party 9

Smashgoom202 said:
That is a TERRIBLE comparison! Mario and Luigi are THE MAIN CHARACTERS OF THE SERIES! Toadette is just some stupid, unoriginal character that they created JUST to fill in a playable character slot.
Waluigi is the same way, and I can see why he's hated for that, but he's forgiven for having a cool design and giving Luigi a rival of his own.
"a cool design" is subjective, I regard main games or character relationships as other objective terms
and basically excluding DK and Bowser side, the group is what we know as the formal Mario members
every character should have a chance to be player, Toadette's priority is due to being a regular

I do say if the staff didn't make use of old characters, they shouldn't make a new one, but isn't this topic too late?

Baby Luigi said:
I like the so called "stupid, unoriginal" characters usually more than the main characters anyway because IMO they're more unique and less bland to play as than the "main" characters.
correct in some ways for Gadd or Pauline (though not positive for few appearances)
but Toadette's statue in main games is still an unsolved problem

Dorayaki said:
Smashgoom202 said:
That is a TERRIBLE comparison! Mario and Luigi are THE MAIN CHARACTERS OF THE SERIES! Toadette is just some stupid, unoriginal character that they created JUST to fill in a playable character slot.
Waluigi is the same way, and I can see why he's hated for that, but he's forgiven for having a cool design and giving Luigi a rival of his own.
"a cool design" is subjective, I regard main games or character relationships as other objective terms
and basically excluding DK and Bowser side, the group is what we know as the formal Mario members
every character should have a chance to be player, Toadette's priority is due to being a regular

I do say if the staff didn't make use of old characters, they shouldn't make a new one, but isn't this topic too late?

Baby Luigi said:
I like the so called "stupid, unoriginal" characters usually more than the main characters anyway because IMO they're more unique and less bland to play as than the "main" characters.
correct in some ways for Gadd or Pauline (though not positive for few appearances)
but Toadette's statue in main games is still an unsolved problem
Toadette should be done away with, unless there's a Double Dash mode in the next Mario Kart game. Dorayaki, do you even PLAY Mario games? And like Baby Luigi, I like some of the minor characters. But Candy Kong is the worst idea for a character since Baby Daisy. And I also agree with Smashgoom, Mario and Luigi are the main characters of the series, they should be playable in every spinoff game.

Okay people, stop bickering.

All characters should be in but that is not the case. Deal with it. I like playing as different species but not many are in. I've built a bridge and got over it.

We should just wait for the game before we start complaining about characters.

Cap'n Falcon said:
Toadette should be done away with, unless there's a Double Dash mode in the next Mario Kart game. And like Baby Luigi, I like some of the minor characters. But Candy Kong is the worst idea for a character since Baby Daisy. And I also agree with Smashgoom, Mario and Luigi are the main characters of the series, they should be playable in every spinoff game.
the topic is going with Party or Toadette, is there somthing unrelevant or personal in this reply?
kicking Mario bros is a metaphor only, don't be serious :posh:.

justlike the previous reply, take care if Party 9 would can improve with the roster and other things.

I do hope the last new character is DK, Toadette or Rosalina (although DK and Toadette aren't "new" :P)

New Super Mario said:
My bet is that they'll throw some surprise character in kinda like MK7.
Well, as long as it isn't Tanooki Mario or Bee Mario... ¬¬

Baby Luigi said:
Why is Nintendo loving crappy rosters these days?
I'm not the only thinking like this. hehe I mean, these rosters aren't bad but could be much better...

366343.jpg

Miyamoto is for illustrative purposes only. :p

Wargreymon said:
I do hope the last new character is DK, Toadette or Rosalina (although DK

Well, as long as it isn't Tanooki Mario or Bee Mario... ¬¬
what about Metal Mario?
at least babies have different models, clothes can be alternate like the princesses' rider suit in Wii, recolor is even more easier

it's not saying the other character is a surprise, new or hidden purposely. just see what would happen...

Oh please not Metal Mario, please not again.

Found some footage you might all like:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=9Z30StkOjkM[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/profile?user=EyesOnNintendoDE&view=videos&v=lP9uFWrFjI8[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/profile?user=EyesOnNintendoDE&view=videos&v=FSu-IxWjecI[/youtube]

Thanks New Super Yoshi! Haven't seen these videos. Now, about the videos, they sure changed the gameplay this time, and although I wanted to the Classic Mode to return, this mode is looking very fun. I liked the way the game shows you the spaces you'll land depending on the number you get, it's a very good idea and it'll speed up the game. The mini-games, well, looking very fun as always! ;D

The winner screen is just like that of the Wii Party! :P

Dorayaki said:
what about Metal Mario?
at least babies have different models, clothes can be alternate like the princesses' rider suit in Wii, recolor is even more easier

it's not saying the other character is a surprise, new or hidden purposely. just see what would happen...
My criticism was exactly about Metal Mario. :lol: Recolor or clothes are ok if they don't take the place of a potential good character.

The Find the toad in a house game reminds me of the chicken one in MP3. ANd if it reminds me of MP3, it's pretty much automatically great for me.

Wiggler and Lakitu are bosses for Toad Road!!

Also it looks like Blooper and Dry Bones are Bosses for Blooper Beach

Whomp and Big Bob-omb for Bob-omb Factory

Chain Chomp for Magma Mine

King Boo for Boo's Horror Castle

Unknown is the Cheep Cheep

I think mid-bosses might be random while final bosses might set for each board.

Koopaul said:
I don't know why they replaced Coins with Mini-Stars. They both seem to serve the same purpose right?

I guess they wanted to change more than the gameplay around I suppose

Professor Genki said:
Its looking good

Except for the roster that is.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Professor Genki said:
Its looking good

Except for the roster that is.

Still complaining?

I know

Well, I can't get over the fact that they just threw out Toadette in favor of those crappy generic enemies

Maybe they want to give some new characters their time to shine. Which I like. Since playing as the enemy for a change is nice.

I can understand that you don't like Toadette missing though.

Back