Mario Party 9

New Super Yoshi said:
I heard that the last character could be Kamek because he was on the box art and we have not seen him anywhere in the game yet.

I personally seem him to being Bowser's aid like how he assisted him in the final battle in NSMB Wii (hence, I believe he might be a mini-boss in the final stage). They wouldn't reveal him if that was the case.

Unlike Shy Guy and Koopa (who are generic and have some good members in their species), this Magikoopa seems to be Kamek and I doubt that this loyal follower would abandon Bowser to join Mario.

@Ultraluigi

I'm not from Italy. :P This trailer was only released in Italian and I found it on another forum.

Propeller Toad said:
charakterauswahlscreen.jpg

The apparent character select screen. Apparently two are hidden as speculated and the twelfth seems obvious based on the information we know. However, it is the eleventh we do not know yet.

I personally believe this character is Toadette. Partners seem to exist by this line-up and Koopa has been seen with Shy Guy in the box art together which leaves Toad partner less. The eleventh character also seems larger than Koopa and Shy Guy (by looking at the character's head) and this seems to match the size of Toad.
It's not Toadette, Toad is partnered with Koopa Troopa. Shy Guy is partnerless... Just cuz they were on the box-art together doesn't mean they're partners =P

I'm thinking the last character is Snifit. He looks very similar to Shy Guy, and from what I can tell from the pic, it looks like something similar to a Shy Guy.

@Peachy: What if Kooapa is with Shy Guy? Then Toadette could be in it. I don't think it is Kamek. Something tells me not Toadette either. We'll know soon enough...

Well, I know that Shy Guy will be playable... I seriously freaking hope the last character ISN'T Toadette, for Pete's sake...

I sort of doubt it will be Donkey Kong, but I'm not opposed to that...

Smashgoom202 said:
Well, I know that Shy Guy will be playable... I seriously freaking hope the last character ISN'T Toadette, for Pete's sake...

Why not? she´s been absent from a lot of ames recently. Why not bring her back? she was a cool character. In fact I will be dissappointed if she´s NOT in the game. Even if not playable, I want her as an NPC, but she should definitely be brought back.

Easmo said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Why not? she´s been absent from a lot of ames recently. Why not bring her back?
Because I hate her. :mad:

Smashgoom202 said:
Easmo said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Why not? she´s been absent from a lot of ames recently. Why not bring her back? she was a cool character. In fact I will be dissappointed if she´s NOT in the game. Even if not playable, I want her as an NPC, but she should definitely be brought back.
Suppose I hate Mario or Luigi, I don't either think Party would kick the bros out.....

If from now on Party will use the rule or rotation, I wouldn't mind Toadette's absence this time
the problem is due to her deserved but never realized NPC role in main games
and for recent spinoffs she neither shares same appearances as Toad in Sport Mix and Fortune Street Wii

Dorayaki said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Easmo said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Suppose I hate Mario or Luigi, I don't either think Party would kick the bros out.....

If from now on Party will use the rule or rotation, I wouldn't mind Toadette's absence this time
the problem is due to her deserved but never realized NPC role in main games
and for recent spinoffs she neither shares same appearances as Toad in Sport Mix and Fortune Street Wii
He's not saying he thinks Toadette won't be in it. He's saying he doesn't want her in it.

I think that the next character will surprise us all.

YoshiGo99 said:
He went bananas.

This roster is bananas

Why the hell did they make Shy Guy unlockable if they revealed him to us? Well, they always do that in Mario Party but still.

And oh god, I hope the last character is Toadette. I would be freaking upset if they took her out.

Baby Luigi said:
YoshiGo99 said:
He went bananas.

This roster is bananas

Why the hell did they make Shy Guy unlockable if they revealed him to us? Well, they always do that in Mario Party but still.

And oh god, I hope the last character is Toadette. I would be freaking upset if they took her out.
Same here. At least at her or someone else good. Paratroopa or Snifit?

As much as I love Paratroopa, it isn't a good choice. Snifit, no, it's not a good justification to replace Toadette, who so happens to be my favorite character in Mario Party.

Why is Nintendo loving crappy rosters these days?

I don't care about Blooper, actually. It's great if he's in as long as my favorite characters stay in.

YoshiGo99 said:
They just want newer ideas. The good thing is the removed Blooper. Really? He was really odd to be a playable character.
I don't support species as places are inenough for Toadette and DK's example. But if enough, I don't mind Blooper or Hammerbro as players at that time. Just remember taking turns such as no SG and KT in 10.

Evil Magikrazy said:
Dorayaki said:
He's not saying he thinks Toadette won't be in it. He's saying he doesn't want her in it.
I know, so the previous reply is a quip

I do worry that this character may in fact be the random, out of place character that the developers so love to put in. MKDS and Brawl had ROB, MK Wii had Funky Kong, MK7 had Honey Queen, MP8 had Blooper, etc. There could be chance that this character may really live up to its hidden status.

Regardless, I still do believe that the character will be Toadette. I personally hope for either Toadette or DK in this case.

Propeller Toad said:
I do worry that this character may in fact be the random, out of place character that the developers so love to put in. MKDS and Brawl had ROB, MK Wii had Funky Kong, MK7 had Honey Queen, MP8 had Blooper, etc. There could be chance that this character may really live up to its hidden status.

Regardless, I still do believe that the character will be Toadette. I personally hope for either Toadette or DK in this case.
it's not a bad thing giving different character / species a try, but unless using in the right time and right place. I've been waiting for Dixie as a racer while the staff recolor a Mario as a new player in MK7.

Dorayaki said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Easmo said:
Smashgoom202 said:
That is a TERRIBLE comparison! Mario and Luigi are THE MAIN CHARACTERS OF THE SERIES! Toadette is just some stupid, unoriginal character that they created JUST to fill in a playable character slot.

Waluigi is the same way, and I can see why he's hated for that, but he's forgiven for having a cool design and giving Luigi a rival of his own.

I like the so called "stupid, unoriginal" characters usually more than the main characters anyway because IMO they're more unique and less bland to play as than the "main" characters.

Back