Mario Party 9

FMGBASKFH said:
Actually, removing those characters is the best thing they could have ever done. They should have removed Toad as well, to be honest. And Koopa and Shy Guy shouldn't have been added IN MY OPINION. They should have only added Donkey Kong again and that's it. Mario Party 3's roster FTW.

Remove Toad? But why? Toad is easily one of the more iconic characters from the Mario series. Additionally, it was a good move for Nintendo to make him playable once he was retired from being a host. Additionally, he is more notable than either Waluigi or Daisy if we go by that. I do agree upon Donkey Kong's reappearance as a playable character; however.

I wasn't a fan of the generic enemies as playable characters; however, I can see some backlash occurring if they do end up being confirmed to not being playable.

FMGBASKFH said:
Actually, removing those characters is the best thing they could have ever done. They should have removed Toad as well, to be honest. And Koopa and Shy Guy shouldn't have been added IN MY OPINION. They should have only added Donkey Kong again and that's it. Mario Party 3's roster FTW.

Other than the lack of Donkey Kong, you can't say Mario Party 3 has a better roster than Mario Party 8. That's just nostalgia speaking.

And I don't care about Blooper, Dry Bones, or Boo honestly, but I DO care about how Toadette appears absent

@Propeller Toad

While I know that the Toad we have as playable in the Mario Party series is THE Toad, not just another member of the species, I still think he does better as a host. I honestly don't care about the backlash from generic characters' fans; I guess they will just have to deal with it. I would understand if the removed characters were actually important like Luigi or Yoshi, but Boo? Toadette? Hammer Bro.,? BLOOPER? For God's sake.

@Baby Luigi

I don't know if it's nostalgia speaking, but I do think Mario Party 3's roster is the best the series has ever had. I truly dislike having generic characters as playable. It IS the best roster, but then again, that's just MY personal opinion. After all, there's no way of saying an opinion is right or wrong. Opinions =/= Facts.

Before "If you don't like them don't play as them", I never use those characters, but still, their bare presence just bothers me. They look very, very awkward.

the only reason you would like Mario Party 3's roster would be for DK. In that case, you like both MP4 & MP3's roster. The rest are in every game except for DK so that's probably your reasoning.

I for one, hate it when they remove characters, you give us this new character to play around with instead of the old generic characters like Mario which are in every game and are boring to play as, then take away our brand new character straight away. I hope they have every single character that has been in the game as a playable character in a future mario party game. That would be great. I mean, the Characters are all exactly the same but different models and looks but it's just the selection and variety that I like.

FMGBASKFH said:
@Propeller Toad

While I know that the Toad we have as playable in the Mario Party series is THE Toad, not just another member of the species, I still think he does better as a host. I honestly don't care about the backlash from generic characters' fans; I guess they will just have to deal with it. I would understand if the removed characters were actually important like Luigi or Yoshi, but Boo? Toadette? Hammer Bro.,? BLOOPER? For God's sake.

It doesn't matter about their "importance" (Waluigi), all it matters is that they're supposedly "fan favorites". Importance is also kind of a subjective term considering you use certain characters more than others so they're more important to you. I WILL cope without Yoshi if he was removed for example. But I agree Blooper was a dumb move to add.

Toad getting removed will start an uproar like how Waluigi got removed in Mario Kart 7. I think Toad does just as well as a playable character as most people in the Mario Party series.

I don't know if it's nostalgia speaking, but I do think Mario Party 3's roster is the best the series has ever had. I truly dislike having generic characters as playable. It IS the best roster, but then again, that's just MY personal opinion. After all, there's no way of saying an opinion is right or wrong. Opinions =/= Facts.

Before "If you don't like them don't play as them", I never use those characters, but still, their bare presence just bothers me. They look very, very awkward.

Devil Jin has responded to you about this (and he's right) but if you don't use those characters who got added in or don't even care about them (like, your favorite character already gets added in), just ignore them. Simple. The fact is, to many other fans out there, many won't say Mario Party 3 has the best roster other than the presence of DK.

I for one, hate it when they remove characters, you give us this new character to play around with instead of the old generic characters like Mario which are in every game and are boring to play as, then take away our brand new character straight away. I hope they have every single character that has been in the game as a playable character in a future mario party game. That would be great. I mean, the Characters are all exactly the same but different models and looks but it's just the selection and variety that I like.

Boo is pretty fun to play as. I played as it once or twice. Same with Dry Bones. I occasionally played as Blooper and Hammer Bro. as well in Mario Party 8. Although I completely agree with you (especially when it comes to Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, etc.) all I'm rooting for is my favorite characters to be in instead of new, innovative ways to put characters in. After they put the characters I want in, they can go crazy. It's funny I've gotten used to H. Queen's appearance in Mario Kart 7, for example, and I actually started liking her as an opponent.

In other words, the characters grow on you and you start to like them more. I thought Hammer Bro and Blooper were meh ideas but now I'm kind of sad to see them go.

Devil Jin said:
In other words, the characters grow on you and you start to like them more. I thought Hammer Bro and Blooper were meh ideas but now I'm kind of sad to see them go.

H. Queen is a great example of this. I think she's actually a good move and by making her playable, she can expand the range of playable characters

Has Anyone seen the new logo? for Mario Party 9

Pinkie Pie said:
FMGBASKFH said:
N64Dude said:
Has Anyone seen the new logo? for Mario Party 9

Extremely old news.
watch

^Ummm, coding wrong?

You mean this logo?

MP9_logo.png

Yeah, it is really old news. We knew it before the boxart was even released

A new trailer has been released. Check it out here along with more new screenshots:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/NmcKbzZnRefioDCbEp2_v6rwsLPpbEEw

New information:

*Birdo is indeed playable
*Yellow Toad is a host/NPC
*The adventure mode bosses make a reference to the Classic mode of Melee?
*Definitely inspired by NSMB Wii judging by the setting and mini-games.
*Lakitu is a boss
*A Mario football mini-game? (@1:08 of trailer)

*Birdo is indeed playable - Meh
*Yellow Toad is a host/NPC - All right, as long as he's not a separate playable character. But I really wish someone like Rosalina is the host instead
*The adventure mode bosses make a reference to the Classic mode of Melee? - Sounds cool
*Definitely inspired by NSMB Wii judging by the setting and mini-games. - Would prefer galaxy based but I'm all right on this
*Lakitu is a boss - Nice

I'm still awaiting more playable characters (TOADETTE!! or Baby Luigi)

I want Toadette the most. Also I want to see more characters like Hammer Bro., Boomerang Bro., Some Tanooki-tailed characters, and some other NSMBW enemies. It seems cool to ride on Cooligans!

YoshiGo99 said:
I want Toadette the most. Also I want to see more characters like Hammer Bro., Boomerang Bro., Some Tanooki-tailed characters, and some other NSMBW enemies. It seems cool to ride on Cooligans!

I hope you didn't mean that as playable characters. You would HAVE to be kidding.

FMGBASKFH said:
YoshiGo99 said:

I hope you didn't mean that as playable characters. You would HAVE to be kidding.

hey, I wouldn't mind characters like that. New and interesting > Old and boring.

'3K said:
*video*

F-Zero kart thing at 0:45. Best minigame.

I agree. It looks awesome

0:18 Dukes of Hazards Jump!
0:22 That Event thing looks pretty fucking cool
0:28 And so does that one
0:38 Lakitu Minigame looks pretty amazing too
0:43 Love that Part of the song, oh and, Platform Peril-like Game FTW
0:45 Reminds me more of Kirby Air Ride, with the stone texture and all
0:56 I know I'm gonna love that one!
0:59 Reminds me of the Key Minigame from MP3. Anything that reminds me of MP3 is Great
1:17 I will love controlling that machine! >:D

Overall, I'm pretty excited for this crazy good game!

YoshiGo99 said:
As like NPCs and other characters

Oh, fine then. If it's as NPCs, everyone should appear.

Devil Jin said:
hey, I wouldn't mind characters like that. New and interesting > Old and boring.

It depends. If it's something like freaking Blooper, heeeell no.

I hope Toadette is in. She hasn´t been in any game since Mario Party DS (I think that´s her more recent appearance) and she wasn´t playable there. I hope they won´t go MK7 all over again and have that this game has her after many absences.

PS: Honey Queen rules. More female characters + breaking that taboo about having heavyweight female characters = WIN. It´s just the veteran´s absences (and that one of the new characters is a freaking pallete swap) what bugs me.

Back