Mario Party 9

At least Baby Daisy is a human, and is the baby form of a main character. Blooper is just a stupid, useless, irrelevant octopus.

If its only the baby form of a main character, it's just a clone. At least blooper isn't just a shrunken down version of a character we already have.

Devil Jin said:
If its only the baby form of a main character, it's just a clone. At least blooper isn't just a shrunken down version of a character we already have.
Plus I wouldn't consider her a main character for appearing in Spin offs all the time and not in a main game since around Super Mario Land

http://mariopartylegacy.com/2012/02/12-characters-total-story-mode-and-more-for-mario-party-9/

No Classic Mode
Wiggler is a boss
2 vs 2 minigames
Toad Houses on boards
12 characters!
Story Mode
Minigame Mode
Extras Mode
Mario Party Points will unlock more modes, characters and boards.
We will mainly use the Wiimote in the horizontal position.
No WiFi

12 characters? That is disappointing news.

No wait, this is overall disappointing news.

I hate it how they take out a bunch of characters (Boo, Dry Bones, Hammer Bros., Blooper, MAYBE Toadette) and add so few in return.

As much as I like Rosalina, I really don't want her in and getting her butt burnt by Bowser

DK? I think they promised some sort of surprise character or something.

And...........there's always a chance it could be more than the disappointing 12 character roster. Or I'm grasping at straws because I desperately want Baby Mario Baby Luigi playable and their last playable appearance is Super Sluggers >_>

Baby Luigi said:
I hate it how they take out a bunch of characters (Boo, Dry Bones, Hammer Bros., Blooper, MAYBE Toadette) and add so few in return.
I haven't noticed if they really confirmed
though it's actually inevitable since so many players recur in every game and even make additions, there will be over 20 players in the future
but is it 12 as cofirmed? that's just inenough as Party, I'd suggest 14 places totally in future parties including 7 in rotation

besides species eliminated, I don't understand if we have to transact Toadette or DK with Koopa Troopa and Shy Guy

Wasn't there info about unlocking secret characters? I might be wrong though.

Both DK and Toadette are also still available to think about. I personally don't expect to see Rosalina in a game like this.

12 may seem a little small; however, one has to consider that Nintendo has lately been rather strict with just keeping the most notable and important characters lately in the games while removing the extras...

Propeller Toad said:
Wasn't there info about unlocking secret characters? I might be wrong though.

Both DK and Toadette are also still available to think about. I personally don't expect to see Rosalina in a game like this.

If there was, I didn't see it

I'd like a feature where you have to buy the unlockable character. Like using the MP Points of whatever and choose from ones you want and choose one. Probably won't happen though. But then everyone's happy

So it is confirmed that there will be a total of 12 palyable characters, there is 11 now. I think it will be Toadette because mostly everyone is partnered up, Mario and Luigi, Yoshi and Birdo, Shy Guy and Koopa. Toad is the only one without a partner so I am 100% postive Toadette will appear

It better be Toadette. Mario rosters are BAD these days. Mario Sports Mix, Mario Kart 7, Fortune Street (in single player mode anyway), you name it. All they usually have are these big name characters these days. Come on!

Baby Luigi said:
It better be Toadette. Mario rosters are BAD these days. Mario Sports Mix, Mario Kart 7, Fortune Street (in single player mode anyway), you name it. All they usually have are these big name characters these days. Come on!
I don't hope bad news, but usually total characters include unlockable ones, too
and in the cover if Toadette is still here (back cover?), the yellow toad is very uncoordinated

in Toadette's case, the problem is not only her pair with Toad, but more with her absence in main games.....

Dorayaki said:
Baby Luigi said:
I don't hope bad news, but usually total characters include unlockable ones, too
and in the cover if Toadette is still here (back cover?), the yellow toad is very uncoordinated

in Toadette's case, the problem is not only her pair with Toad, but more with her absence in main games.....

Ugh, I feel like throwing up on this character roster.

Toadette doesn't have much of a problem with that concerning her absence in platforming games. Waluigi is a similar case with Toadette yet he still got in.

Baby Luigi said:
There was no Problem with Fortune Street, being a Mii is 10 times better than being one specific unchangable character. I doubt they'd let you put Green Shells around Slime.

People are complaining over the roster but does it really matter all that much? Aren't we only going to use one character anyway?

Devil Jin said:
Baby Luigi said:
There was no Problem with Fortune Street, being a Mii is 10 times better than being one specific unchangable character. I doubt they'd let you put Green Shells around Slime.

Miis aren't the problem though. It's the fact that we don't have the choice to play with the Mario characters or Dragon Quest characters. Some of us would rather do that because some of these characters are our favorites.

People are complaining over the roster but does it really matter all that much? Aren't we only going to use one character anyway?

That's would I thought too, but if that's the case, Nintendo shouldn't be adding any more characters if we are going to use only one character. Some of us don't have a particular main and some of us do have a favorite that does not make it in. That's probably one point of adding more characters. Don't you like playing as unique characters anyway?

I know we like playing as unique characters, I do too, but the character doesn't break or make the game. the boards and mini games do.

Devil Jin said:
I know we like playing as unique characters, I do too, but the character doesn't break or make the game. the boards and mini games do.

For some people, the characters do make or break the game. Usually, the reason most people buy the game is because of the characters they can use. What happens if the character roster is the Mario Part Advance roster? But hey, there's a ton of fun new modes! And many great mini games and boards!

A mix of great gameplay and a good roster really makes the game.

Back