Mario Party 9

I still find it awkward for Bowser to smash Bowser Jr. via Bowser space. I mean, Bowser already smashed Koopa Kid (with partyers) in Mario Party 7 in the last five turns.

I rarely preorder. I'm usually lucky since the games I want are always there when I visit the game store. I mean, recent games.

I Pre-Order Games if I have the money and theyre maybe 2 Weeks from release. Then I wont have to worry about buying it when people may possibly buy them before me.

But then you sometimes get it before it gets released which is good but sometimes you get a few days after release which can be painful.

Skyward Yoshi said:
But then you sometimes get it before it gets released which is good but sometimes you get a few days after release which can be painful.

I wouldn't mind, actually

Actually no, the website promises to be delivered on the day or the day before. And all he games are PAL which is good for me.

Skyward Yoshi said:
Not really because you know you will still get it

So apparently this game is supposed to work like Mario Party Advance and have you traveling around in a car? I sure hope they still have the traditional party mode in this then.

Fawfulfury65 said:
So apparently this game is supposed to work like Mario Party Advance and have you traveling around in a car? I sure hope they still have the traditional party mode in this then.

You have to cooperate with the computers...
I don't like the sound of that. Hopefully they would have the traditional way.

WinterYoshi99 said:
They probably do, maybe you have to unlock it.

^ I like and agree with this idea. Like you have to go through the stage on the car first then be able to play it traditionally.

Pandapowah said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

You have to cooperate with the computers...
I don't like the sound of that. Hopefully they would have the traditional way.

I don't want to cooperate with the COMs! Their stupidity has cost me more than enough 2 vs 2 minigames!

General Grievous said:
Coms are idiots but mabye they will be smarter in MP9

COMs have NEVER been smart! I usually play with the easy ones because I laugh at how horrible they are!

Devil Jin said:
That's your problem then. You say their not smart because you play on easy.

Hard computers are not smart either! They will pay their money on Warp Pipes and use it randomly just like easy computers in Mario Party 4

The problem is, even the hard computers are not even trying their hardest. Not that I'm complaining, though. One time, a hard computer lost to an EASY computer in a nonluck related minigame.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/34315/previewsmario-party-9-preview/

"Mario Party 9, as with previous games in the series, sees up to four players competing against each other to collect as many Stars as possible on a large board game-style stage before the set number of turns runs out. Each board has a bunch of obstacles, alternative routes and other gimmicks to keep things interesting and things get mental fairly quickly.

This is partly due to the wide selection of mini-games, which appear after every turn and at various other points to give players the chance to win coins that can be spent at various special spaces on each board. That's been the concept since the first Mario Party and it hasn't changed here, at least not in the main multiplayer mode.

Mushroom For Improvement?
There will be extra modes on top of this, however, including one in which all four characters get in a car and drive across the map as a group. Each players takes turns to be the captain of the vehicle as they drive into dice blocks to move forwards."

Looks like the group cooperation in the vehicle is indeed an optional mode. I believe this indicates that the traditional Mario Party gameplay will indeed reappear and not be replaced in this game.

This seems to be pretty much good news to me. ;)

I'm happy they're returning the traditional mode. I won't have to team up with dumb COMs!

Back