Mario Party 9

I don't think Dry Bones is much of a huge loss, thanks to Koopa Troopa being playable.

Or Fly Guys. Fly Guys need more love.

Snifits aren't a bad choice to be as shopkeepers

I would also like to see some other Super Mario Bros. 2 enemies as shopkeepers too. It doesn't have to be only Snifits.

New Super Yoshi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
New Super Yoshi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Watching the trailer made me think... How many minor NPCs, Mario species or enemies can there be to fill slots? And I don't mean playable character slots, I mean as hosts of the game, of a certain board, or shop owners, or just people you can encounter on a given board or mini-game. The Piantas, Nokis, tanookis, Lumas, and Whittles are there, but who else?

I also wonder if the currently known cast of playable characters is also going to be the final roster...
Well it looks like that the Mario Party chain has been broken. Dry Bones is already gone but for the others, we will see.
That sucks... Dry Bones is an awesome enemy! I like how he went from a fan favorite obscure enemy, to a recurring playable character, to a regular enemy in both 2D and 3D games.
I feel sad, I hope Boo stays.
Me, I always felt Boo was more suited to stealing coins and stars than being a playable character. Getting scared and chased by Pink Boos just doesn't feel right.

Imagine if Mario Party 9's roster turned out to be the following...

Confirmed Characters
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Toad
Wario
Waluigi
Koopa Troopa
Shy Guy

Bonus Characters
Ashley
Red

MnSG said:
Imagine if Mario Party 9's roster turned out to be the following...

Confirmed Characters
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Toad
Wario
Waluigi
Koopa Troopa
Shy Guy

Bonus Characters
Ashley
Red
That's an interesting roster Brother MnSG but what if they instead had Birdo, Blooper, Bowser, Koopa Kid, and i'm gonna say for fun Captain Syrup as unlockable characters now that would make me happy

Don't worry it is very unlikely Ashley and Red get in their, I think what has been Confirmed will be the final roster.

Dr. Eggman said:
Don't worry it is very unlikely Ashley and Red get in their, I think what has been Confirmed will be the final roster.

That probably might be the case, but it would sure be a shocker if something like that did happen. After all, none of the WarioWare employees ever appeared in a Mario series spin-off; Smash Bros. does not count.

tentacleTherapist said:
Yeah, at least they didn't reveal EVERYTHING before the games release like ONE CERTAIN GAME.
Yeah, they might say more and more stuff as they go on.

I just wished they didn't kick out any characters, bringing more in is awesome, but I despise it when they just flat out get rid of characters from the roster. I've said this before some time but before they start adding new characters, they should bring back the ones that were turned into NPC's. I liked Dry Bones too :/

I think whats been revelaed isnt the full roster, theres not too many characters in it. I hope they reveal stuff as it gets closer, it gets me hyped about it. And I love Mario Parties :3

Crackin355 said:
I just wished they didn't kick out any characters, bringing more in is awesome, but I despise it when they just flat out get rid of characters from the roster. I've said this before some time but before they start adding new characters, they should bring back the ones that were turned into NPC's. I liked Dry Bones too :/

I think whats been revelaed isnt the full roster, theres not too many characters in it. I hope they reveal stuff as it gets closer, it gets me hyped about it. And I love Mario Parties :3
I hope there is going to be more then six this time.

If what's revealed is final, I am disappoint. Where's the Toadette I am hoping to see?

Nintendo rarely, if not never, puts the RPG characters in games. The only time we saw that in Mario Party was the Star Spirits :(

Yeah, but I won't stop hoping. Games today can fit a lot of playable characters.

I don't like how there is a Shy Guy and a Koopa playable now. They should only be helpers and stuff like that. It's weird when a playable character also has another character of that species that is a board obstacle, item seller, etc. They are much better and more specific characters to add there.

I agree with you; Koopa Troopa and Shy Guy are terrible choices.

Back