Mario Party 9

Now that's too big, IMO.

In Strikers Charged, he's at his smallest.

Baby Luigi said:
I think Rosalina is pretty much a serious character. The other partiers can be quirky at times.

She has shown to be humble in Mario Kart Wii. But still, Rosalina does not qualify as a playable for a Mario Party title.

Petey has to be at least Waluigi's height to be playable. That's pretty tiny for him

If there's going to be wi-fi and boards would be possible, I seriously doubt that boards could be done worldwide. Because people can just ragequit. For worldwide, maybe mini-games and view the worldwide mini-game records. For friends, boards should be fine, after all, why would you have friends who ragequit? Mini-games, and seeing friends records in mini-games should be fine as well.

and to discourage ragequtting they can do what they did on loz-ph and if you keep quitting, people get a warning, like maybe a mario face what turns angry or a light what changes from green to amber to red.

I don't use WiFi, but I'll support it. It's a win-win situation

I actually sent a letter to Nintendo about Mario Party. I asked them if they were making a Mario Party 9(like 3 months before E3 2011) and they responded. I sent them several of my idea. My letter is in spoilers so it doesn't take like the whole page :P

Dear Nintendo, I am a Mario fan. So, it's been 4 years since Mario Party 8 was made. Everyone in the world has been losing hope for Mario Party 9. Are you making a Mario Party 9. If you are making a Mario Party 9, I have some ideas to share.
1. Take out Birdo and Blooper and add in Koopa Kid and Shy Guy. Even though they might not have partners as well as Yoshi not having a partner, I think it'd be a better move as those 2 are the least popular
2. The item system should be orbs again. I liked the idea of having your rivals suffer from landing on your traps. I'd like it if the orbs from Mario Party 6 were back, as well as some new ones.
3. Make the Bowser space and DK space seperate. People are complaining on how you have to land on Bowser to get DK back. Bring back DK and Bowser mini-games as well. Make sure that when someone lands on DK, that that person actually gets help from DK, not something like whoever gets to the end gets a free star from DK!
4. Don't put so many luck mini-games. I can understand if it's for 4 player, 2vs2 or 1vs3. But for games where there are stars and lots of coins on the line, please don't put them. Also don't just make mini-games point and click.
5.The spaces. I find the lucky spaces overpowered. Add a duel space. Bring back item spaces, bank spaces and the lottery event. For duel mini-games, let the person on landed on it wager what they want, not some roulette wheel choosing what you want to steal.
6. Have a decent storyline. Don't just make it for kids only, make it something everyone of all ages can enjoy. I think you could've done better with the story.
7. Be more original with the boards. It's ok to have some boards with a unique way of getting stars, but not like almost all of them. Make at least 3 basic boards with the basic way of getting the star. Others can be like Faire Square from Mario Party 6 or a different amount of coins for the stars each time someone buys one. Make the themes different as well. Perhaps a board in the clouds or in the stars.
8. The host. No one wants a host(s) that's creepy and for kids only. Perhaps Rosalina can be the next host.
9. Bonus stars. Take out the Running star and replace it with the coin star. Or choose the option of having either the original 3, 3 random bonus stars or no bonus.
10. Wi-fi. I think Wi-fi should be added. There could be a mini-game mode over wi-fi(4 player and battle games only)or a party mode. You could also see records over the world for mini-games.
11. Last 5 turns twist. It should be like it was in Mario Party 6. You know, triple coins, 40 coins, you duel someone if you land on the same space as them, etc...
12. The battle mini-games. There should be a space as well as random battle mini-game times. Let the players vote for the mini-game, not based on the mini-game roulette.
13. Handicap. Handicap should be back to a max of 9 again, not 3.

Here is what they replied:
Thank you for contacting Nintendo of America.

We appreciate hearing about the types of products that you would like to see from us in the future. I can tell that you're a big Mario Party fan. At this time, there hasn't been an announcement concerning a new Mario Party game. As the worldwide leader and innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, and because of our history of pushing the limits of gameplay and design, you can always count on Nintendo offering the most imaginative products.

In the meantime, keep checking our website's "What’s New" section (http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) for the latest information and announcements.

Sincerely,

Mike Chandler

I don't think Nintendo listens to people

It's funny to see how Nintendo writes serious mails to customers, while they write mails to the Press as friends ("Greets", instead of "Sincerely", "Hello Name" instead of "Dear Nintendo Fan", etc.).

That's what it suppose to be; free choice of making something.

Back