Mario Party 9

Why can't we just put down ideas for them.

New Super Yoshi said:

Because 50% of the time, people who put down Ideas, put down horrible ideas. Plus, someones view of a 'good' Idea, would be a 'horrible' Idea to others and vice versa.

Crackin355 said:
New Super Yoshi said:

Because 50% of the time, people who put down Ideas, put down horrible ideas. Plus, someones view of a 'good' Idea, would be a 'horrible' Idea to others and vice versa.
I get it. Nintendo can just make what everyone wants.

yoshi123 said:
I actually sent a letter to Nintendo about Mario Party. I asked them if they were making a Mario Party 9(like 3 months before E3 2011) and they responded. I sent them several of my idea. My letter is in spoilers so it doesn't take like the whole page :P

Dear Nintendo, I am a Mario fan. So, it's been 4 years since Mario Party 8 was made. Everyone in the world has been losing hope for Mario Party 9. Are you making a Mario Party 9. If you are making a Mario Party 9, I have some ideas to share.
1. Take out Birdo and Blooper and add in Koopa Kid and Shy Guy. Even though they might not have partners as well as Yoshi not having a partner, I think it'd be a better move as those 2 are the least popular
2. The item system should be orbs again. I liked the idea of having your rivals suffer from landing on your traps. I'd like it if the orbs from Mario Party 6 were back, as well as some new ones.
3. Make the Bowser space and DK space seperate. People are complaining on how you have to land on Bowser to get DK back. Bring back DK and Bowser mini-games as well. Make sure that when someone lands on DK, that that person actually gets help from DK, not something like whoever gets to the end gets a free star from DK!
4. Don't put so many luck mini-games. I can understand if it's for 4 player, 2vs2 or 1vs3. But for games where there are stars and lots of coins on the line, please don't put them. Also don't just make mini-games point and click.
5.The spaces. I find the lucky spaces overpowered. Add a duel space. Bring back item spaces, bank spaces and the lottery event. For duel mini-games, let the person on landed on it wager what they want, not some roulette wheel choosing what you want to steal.
6. Have a decent storyline. Don't just make it for kids only, make it something everyone of all ages can enjoy. I think you could've done better with the story.
7. Be more original with the boards. It's ok to have some boards with a unique way of getting stars, but not like almost all of them. Make at least 3 basic boards with the basic way of getting the star. Others can be like Faire Square from Mario Party 6 or a different amount of coins for the stars each time someone buys one. Make the themes different as well. Perhaps a board in the clouds or in the stars.
8. The host. No one wants a host(s) that's creepy and for kids only. Perhaps Rosalina can be the next host.
9. Bonus stars. Take out the Running star and replace it with the coin star. Or choose the option of having either the original 3, 3 random bonus stars or no bonus.
10. Wi-fi. I think Wi-fi should be added. There could be a mini-game mode over wi-fi(4 player and battle games only)or a party mode. You could also see records over the world for mini-games.
11. Last 5 turns twist. It should be like it was in Mario Party 6. You know, triple coins, 40 coins, you duel someone if you land on the same space as them, etc...
12. The battle mini-games. There should be a space as well as random battle mini-game times. Let the players vote for the mini-game, not based on the mini-game roulette.
13. Handicap. Handicap should be back to a max of 9 again, not 3.

Here is what they replied:
Thank you for contacting Nintendo of America.

We appreciate hearing about the types of products that you would like to see from us in the future. I can tell that you're a big Mario Party fan. At this time, there hasn't been an announcement concerning a new Mario Party game. As the worldwide leader and innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, and because of our history of pushing the limits of gameplay and design, you can always count on Nintendo offering the most imaginative products.

In the meantime, keep checking our website's "What’s New" section (http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) for the latest information and announcements.

Sincerely,

Mike Chandler
If you send them a request, they will always reply that way. They won't tell you that a game is in development unless it was already announced.

I always considered it useless to mail it to Nintendo anyway, since I'm just one of thousands of fans out there.

Can we please get better Last Five Turns event? I liked coins x3 thing, but hated the crud Big Top spills out in Mario Party 8

Baby Luigi said:
Can we please get better Last Five Turns event?

I was thinking that too, if there's one thing Mario Party 4 and 5 did right, it would be the last 5 turns event.

Here's what I'm thinking:
1. Blue and Red Spaces give you double the coins.
2. All red spaces are Bowser Spaces.
3. All red spaces are DK Spaces.
4. All stars are now half-price.

Questons? Comments? Feedback?

Aqua Soul said:
Baby Luigi said:
Can we please get better Last Five Turns event?

I was thinking that too, if there's one thing Mario Party 4 and 5 did right, it would be the last 5 turns event.

Here's what I'm thinking:
1. Blue and Red Spaces give you double the coins.
2. All red spaces are Bowser Spaces.
3. All red spaces are DK Spaces.
4. All stars are now half-price.

Questons? Comments? Feedback?

The default is triple the coins these days. #4 seems to be better than the FREE stars *shudders*. Eh, don't like #3 too much, but it's better than red spaces turning into fortune spaces.

Tripling the coins seems a bit too much IMO.

But hey, as long as the player in last place who spins the wheel doesn't get a huge advantage like 40 coins, or a ton of character spaces, that's fine by me.

Anyone else have any ideas for the Last 5 Turns Event?

Baby Luigi said:
I always considered it useless to mail it to Nintendo anyway, since I'm just one of thousands of fans out there.

Can we please get better Last Five Turns event? I liked coins x3 thing, but hated the crud Big Top spills out in Mario Party 8
Yeah, I hated the "Run for money" thing. The coin multiplier was better. I loved it, especially on Mario Party 6 and 7, as I have the opportunity to get 15 coins within those last 5 turns :P If they put the coin multiplier in effect for like the last 10 turns(unless you're doing 10 or 15 turns :P) and then like an event for the last 5 turns(randomly decided by the person in last place), I'd like that. But I don't want the red spaces turn into Bowser spaces event, I hated that because(only applies for MP7) I lose my character spaces and more chaos can happen. Thank goodness that's not an event that could possibly happen in Mario party 6.

Love the Red Space turning into Bowser Space. It's very hilarious

I liked the Bowser Spaces in 5 and 6 just because it was funny seeing Bowser land on the players.

Also, I for one want the DK Spaces to stay, or for another character to replace DK with their own spaces to oppose Bowser.

I just want DK spaces to be like the ones in Mario Party 4, 5, 6, and 7, NOT Mario Party 8

Aqua Soul said:
They weren't in 4. :P

But I agree, the DK/Bowser Spaces weren't very good in 8.
Yeah, I kinda hated how you had to land on Bowser to get DK back and vice versa. Plus DK doesn't necessarily help the player who landed on it(like on Shy Guys Perplex Express or King Boos Mansion).

Sorry, my head's screwed. Donkey Kong was playable ._.

I want Bowser minigames to return. Mario Party 8 and DS had NONE of that

Yeah, Bowser mini-games are kind of fun, although the penalties for losing are kind of harsh (losing all of your coins/items, half of your coins if no big deal though).

No luck-based Bowser mini-games plz. (Darts/Balloon of Doom, and the one in 7 where you had to spin the slot machine reels)

Aqua Soul said:
Yeah, Bowser mini-games are kind of fun, although the penalties for losing are kind of harsh (losing all of your coins/items, half of your coins if no big deal though).

No luck-based Bowser mini-games plz. (Darts/Balloon of Doom, and the one in 7 where you had to spin the slot machine reels)

That's why I love 'em. Computers stink at them.

The ones you mentioned aren't necessarily luck based (Darts of Doom isn't luck at all, really, you just need to aim for the red areas and not the bulls-eye). I beat Slots of Doom all the time from Mario Party 7.

Pit Boss from Mario Party 6 is the toughest one.

In Mario Party 4-7, at least Bowser gives you a chance to prevent yourself from losing whatever. Also, all the Bowser and DK mini-games should be multiplayer, not some of them single player like in Mario Party 7. And no luck mini-games in these categories(like Scaldin Cauldron -___-) I would usually win the skill based Bowser mini-games. Except for Pit Boss. That one is kinda hard to win.

About Darts of Doom, it's true that if you avoid the bulls-eye, you're fine, but you have to take into consideration that the cursors are moving by themselves. One moment, none of them are at the bulls-eye, but one second before you push the "A" button, one of them moves over the bulls-eye.

:bowser: Nice shot, bucko! That is, if you MEANT TO HIT MY FACE!

Also, for the Mario Party 6 Bowser mini-games, I find Dizzy Rottessire more difficult since the controls are messed up.

Aqua Soul said:
About Darts of Doom, it's true that if you avoid the bulls-eye, you're fine, but you have to take into consideration that the cursors are moving by themselves. One moment, none of them are at the bulls-eye, but one second before you push the "A" button, one of them moves over the bulls-eye.

:bowser: Nice shot, bucko! That is, if you MEANT TO HIT MY FACE!

Also, for the Mario Party 6 Bowser mini-games, I find Dizzy Rottessire more difficult since the controls are messed up.

Dizzy Rottessire was the easiest ._. All you have to do is move your control stick in one direction to win

Aqua Soul said:
Also, for the Mario Party 6 Bowser mini-games, I find Dizzy Rottisserie more difficult since the controls are messed up.
Dizzy Rotisserie is actually a Bowser mini-game I guarantee I can win all the time. Its always either left or right that makes you go up. If left makes you go straight, turn the controller clockwise so that left on the analog stick is facing up. if right makes you go straight, turn the controller counter clockwise so that right is facing up. If you are confused, just let me know and Ill take a picture of me showing you how to turn it so you can figure out the directions ;)

Whittle said:
Dizzy Rottisserie is actually not that hard. The CPUs suck at it though

The CPU's suck at everything

Baby Luigi said:
Whittle said:
Dizzy Rottisserie is actually not that hard. The CPUs suck at it though

The CPU's suck at everything
lol, yeah. Brutal CPUs suck at the Bowser mini-games(especially Dark and Crispy :P). The only mini-game I can think that they're good at(on brutal) would be Snow Whirled and Cog Jog.

Back