Mario Party 9

BLOF, I messaged you.

And I played MP6 at my friends house, actually. The boards were pretty awesome.

Roll said:
I think the series has gone both uphill and downhill kind of like a rollercoaster.

1: down
2: up
3: down
4: down if you're doing story mode, otherwise, up
5: down when you look at the 2v2 games, otherwise, up
6: down for the boards, otherwise, up
7: kind of both
8: down
Here's what I think:

1: down
2: up by a lot
3: down slightly
4: down
5: down
6: up slightly
7: down
8: down
DS: up

MPDS actually wasn't too bad.

OK, I'm going to start making a list of things we all want. Then, once it's complete, someone can send it to Nintendo.

So-

-Playable Characters:
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Rosalina

-Return of the orb system

Add ideas!

Add more battle minigames. By battle minigames, I mean the ones where you have to knock opponents out of an arena, or take out their health.

Better dueling system, please

Some interesting Boards and more 'Running Around Avoiding Stuff" or "Survive the Longest/Kill eachother" Minigames. Also, some more race to the end minigames

Baby Luigi said:
Well, Mario Party 6 was the last good Mario Party before it went downhill
Yeah, I definitely agree with you. (I only own the GCN Mario parties,MPDS and MP8, so here's how I feel about them) Mario Party 4's boards had like no life; it was boring and bland(except for Toad's Midway Madness and Shy Guy's Jungle Jam). However, I did like the lottery event and those mini mini-games. The mini-games were good. Mario Party 5's boards were horrible, especially with the item system. It's stupid how you have to pay to use capsules on yourself and that there's capsules that can even hinder yourself(like the Hammer Bro or Piranha Plant) and again, the boards were boring. The mini-games make up for it though. Mario Party 6 was the best Mario Party to me. It had great boards, a good item system, great mini-games and I liked the day and night feature. Sure the story may seem kiddish and bland, but I found that the rest of the game made up for it. Music was good. Honestly, there were no boards I hated, but Castaway Bay was my least favorite. It's too gimmicky with Bowser and DK swapping places. E.Gadd's Garage was my favorite. You can get awesome orbs there(I'm such a Mario Party 6 nerd for knowing which orbs are on which boards :P), had great music and fun events(like stealing coins or setting up the traps). I also liked that you might find coins when you use an orb. Mario Party 7 wasn't so great to me. I hated the Bowser time feature, Koopa Kid wasn't playable(he's my 2nd favorite character), some of the orbs got downgraded(like the zap orb; in Mario Party 6 you lost 5 coins each time you passed it, Mario party 7 changed it to 3 and the warp pipe orb was a huge wtf for being a roadblock). And plus there weren't many mini-games in each category(seriously? 13 4 player mini-games?) and they f***ed up dueling. Instead of wagering what you want, your reward is random and worse you might not get anything(unless you're in last place; last place is always guaranteed to win something). And I hated the character's new victory dance. Like for Yoshi. Before he did his dance where his hands and feet sort of bloom(I can't really think of a better word to use :P) and now he jumps up and move his hands forward. Mario Party 8 was horrible all-around. The story was waaaaaaaayyyyy too kiddish, the boards were horrible and the mini-games were awful. They were either point and click, tilt it forward or backward or hold it sideways and use the 2 button. MPDS wasn't bad; the boards were bland, but the mini-games make up for it. But I hated how the price of the items at the item shop were so cheap. especially the item that brings you to the star. Plus I hated how your hex disappears if you land on it. I think it should only disappear if your opponent lands on it. the mini-games here are good. I hope Mario Party 9 will have the amazing quality like Mario Party 3(my 2nd favorite) and Mario Party 6. Man, did I say a lot :P

Lily said:
The ds version is... lacking...
..Boards, they where only 5 but I loved it on Bowser's Pinball Machine when the cpu loses all their Stars and Coins.

yeah, but you can get hit by it as well, also there were very little characters and items, the minigame selection wasn't great either.

I liked most of the minigames in Mario Party DS. It is a great game in my opinion.

Mario Party DS did have Raft Riot, Globe Gunners and Camera Shy, and they were fun games

Holy cow a wall of text o_O

Mario Party DS was lacking because it was a DS game, wasn't it? Isn't the DS more powerful than the N64, though?

The boards were wayy too small in the DS version

Well, they weren't too similar, just really short

Ok, I'll make a short rant on what i think of each Mario party and what I hope for MP9

MP1: Fun, Goes slowly but Some of the best boards in the series, as well as minigames
MP2: Didn't get to play much (That's why I'm getting it on VC) but the Costume Idea was great and had the most memoriable boards and great music (Western Land in particular).
MP3: My First MP, I liked how they made it look like a pop-out book... kinda. The Minigames were some of my favourites.
MP4: The Boards were horrible (The Fact every board had a oversized mechanical path) and they were too... bland, minigames or music didnt make up for it and the game went so slow, you couldnt even change your speed.
MP5: Fun Minigames, Nice Music, The only one I dont have access to right now. I've played with my friend once and it was great.
MP6: Day & Night system was great, Minigames were extremely fun, the boards were very creative, one of my favourites in the series is this game.
MP7: The whole 'Take world places and change them to MP style' Boards was cool, Mingames were pretty fun, Overall I thought it was good
MP8: The Minigames were pretty... horrible, the boards were to... boring and even though It has one of my favourite boards (The Train level), It just wasnt good.
MPDS: The first one I ever Beat Story Mode in. The Boards were OK and the minigames were really fun
MP9: I hope for fun boards that are creative, Some more good characters and great minigames. The trailer has some good looking minigames so I have my hopes up.

yoshi123 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Well, Mario Party 6 was the last good Mario Party before it went downhill
Yeah, I definitely agree with you. (I only own the GCN Mario parties,MPDS and MP8, so here's how I feel about them) Mario Party 4's boards had like no life; it was boring and bland(except for Toad's Midway Madness and Shy Guy's Jungle Jam). However, I did like the lottery event and those mini mini-games. The mini-games were good. Mario Party 5's boards were horrible, especially with the item system. It's stupid how you have to pay to use capsules on yourself and that there's capsules that can even hinder yourself(like the Hammer Bro or Piranha Plant) and again, the boards were boring. The mini-games make up for it though. Mario Party 6 was the best Mario Party to me. It had great boards, a good item system, great mini-games and I liked the day and night feature. Sure the story may seem kiddish and bland, but I found that the rest of the game made up for it. Music was good. Honestly, there were no boards I hated, but Castaway Bay was my least favorite. It's too gimmicky with Bowser and DK swapping places. E.Gadd's Garage was my favorite. You can get awesome orbs there(I'm such a Mario Party 6 nerd for knowing which orbs are on which boards :P), had great music and fun events(like stealing coins or setting up the traps). I also liked that you might find coins when you use an orb. Mario Party 7 wasn't so great to me. I hated the Bowser time feature, Koopa Kid wasn't playable(he's my 2nd favorite character), some of the orbs got downgraded(like the zap orb; in Mario Party 6 you lost 5 coins each time you passed it, Mario party 7 changed it to 3 and the warp pipe orb was a huge wtf for being a roadblock). And plus there weren't many mini-games in each category(seriously? 13 4 player mini-games?) and they f***ed up dueling. Instead of wagering what you want, your reward is random and worse you might not get anything(unless you're in last place; last place is always guaranteed to win something). And I hated the character's new victory dance. Like for Yoshi. Before he did his dance where his hands and feet sort of bloom(I can't really think of a better word to use :P) and now he jumps up and move his hands forward. Mario Party 8 was horrible all-around. The story was waaaaaaaayyyyy too kiddish, the boards were horrible and the mini-games were awful. They were either point and click, tilt it forward or backward or hold it sideways and use the 2 button. MPDS wasn't bad; the boards were bland, but the mini-games make up for it. But I hated how the price of the items at the item shop were so cheap. especially the item that brings you to the star. Plus I hated how your hex disappears if you land on it. I think it should only disappear if your opponent lands on it. the mini-games here are good. I hope Mario Party 9 will have the amazing quality like Mario Party 3(my 2nd favorite) and Mario Party 6. Man, did I say a lot :P
A lot? That was huge!! But I agree with most of it.

SuperZambezi said:
How do you guys feel about the way they are throwing a ton of NSMB themes in the board and a few of the minigames? We got a Galaxy reference in one the minigames too.
Hey your that guy who owns the Mario Party Site. What if all the borads where based on Super Mario Galaxy. I'm still waiting for a delfino themed borad.

Back