My mario kart 8 ideas

Anser said:
And I think Mario Kart 64 is ridiculously overrated.

Voice your opinion all you want. I agree with you x100

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

I know right? I mean, it sure is a classic. Don't get me wrong, I spent hours, heck, maybe days playing Mario Kart 64 when I was a kid, but it was just because it was a novelty. It actually isn't that great. It's awfully hard to drive in that game, and the truth is that there isn't much to it. It's very basic. It's like they took Super Mario Kart and 3D'd the sprites of the playable characters (they didn't even create models), changed some of the characters, created some new tracks and that's it. No innovation. Oh well, maybe the 4-player thing but that's it. It doesn't have unlockable characters, unlockable courses and things like that. I understand that the game was released very early into the Nintendo 64's lifetime and the developers didn't know how to exploit the console's potential at its fullest, but come on. It's just not that great. People see it as the best Mario Kart just out of pure nostalgia. I'm a very nostalgic person and even I recognize that game has many flaws. Diddy Kong Racing is much better. Even Mickey's Speedway USA is better, being a rip-off and everything.

Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

I know right? I mean, it sure is a classic. Don't get me wrong, I spent hours, heck, maybe days playing Mario Kart 64 when I was a kid, but it was just because it was a novelty. It actually isn't that great. It's awfully hard to drive in that game, and the truth is that there isn't much to it. It's very basic. It's like they took Super Mario Kart and 3D'd the sprites of the playable characters (they didn't even create models), changed some of the characters, created some new tracks and that's it. No innovation. Oh well, maybe the 4-player thing but that's it. It doesn't have unlockable characters, unlockable courses and things like that. I understand that the game was released very early into the Nintendo 64's lifetime and the developers didn't know how to exploit the console's potential at its fullest, but come on. It's just not that great. People see it as the best Mario Kart just out of pure nostalgia. I'm a very nostalgic person and even I recognize that game has many flaws. Diddy Kong Racing is much better. Even Mickey's Speedway USA is better, being a rip-off and everything.

Why didn't you even mention the atrocious AI?

Roserade said:

Seriously, SNES came up with the best Mario Kart.

are you serious?

That's like one of the worst unrealistic racing game in existence.

Tracks were flat as crap, it was ugly, music wasn't very impressive either. Not sure how you like that game.

Mk64 also sucks pretty freaking hard, and wii is pretty lame too.

MKDD was pretty nice though especially with the dual partners and chracter abilities.

Baby Luigi said:
Why didn't you even mention the atrocious AI?

Ah, yes. I forgot that. It's awful. It's so irritating that you smash the computers with three red shells and literally three seconds later they are just next to you again.

Joltik said:
are you serious?

That's like one of the worst unrealistic racing game in existence.

Tracks were flat as crap, it was ugly, music wasn't very impressive either. Not sure how you like that game.

Mk64 also sucks pretty freaking hard, and wii is pretty lame too.

MKDD was pretty nice though especially with the dual partners and chracter abilities.

I agree so much with the first sentences. SMK is an awful game. I wouldn't say MK64 sucks, but it sure is overrated. I enjoyed Mario Kart Wii a lot, but Double Dash is definitely my favorite.

I don't want any Super Mario Kart tracks as retro courses anymore. They're all bland and plain. I'd much rather they used some from Super Circuit. Even though it was a terrible game, it had some neat tracks like Cheese Land and Ribbon Road or whatever it was.

Gamefreak75 said:
I don't want any Super Mario Kart tracks as retro courses anymore. They're all bland and plain. I'd much rather they used some from Super Circuit. Even though it was a terrible game, it had some neat tracks like Cheese Land and Ribbon Road or whatever it was.

THIS. I had forgotten about the existence of Mario Kart Super Circuit too. God, that is a bad game.

Mario Kart 64's rubberbanding is just unnatural. In terms of Mario Kart 7, the rubberbanding is less brutal there, though it's always annoying when a slower combo is easily catching up to your faster combo. On the flipside, however, at least it's a plus if you want those Spiny Shells to attack a different target.

Gamefreak75 said:
Yes I really want this to happen. Super Mario Kart had bland courses. I want to see only 64, GCN, DS, Wii, and 3DS courses instead. Those were much better.
And maybe N64 Rainbow Road, that was really awesome and maybe add a few ramps and more detail, maybe like some planets, more neon faces, and item sculptures like in Mario Kart:DD's Rainbow Road.

For balancing purposes though, when talking about retro tracks, the following setup would be kept in mind...

Super Mario Kart: 2
Mario Kart 64: 4
Mario Kart Super Circuit: 2
Mario Kart Double Dash!!: 4
Mario Kart DS: 4
Mario Kart Wii: 4
Mario Kart 7: 4

MnSG said:
For balancing purposes though, when talking about retro tracks, the following setup would be kept in mind...

Super Mario Kart: 2
Mario Kart 64: 4
Mario Kart Super Circuit: 2
Mario Kart Double Dash!!: 4
Mario Kart DS: 4
Mario Kart Wii: 4
Mario Kart 7: 4

Retro course on MK series have 16.
SMK: 1
MK64: 2
MKSC: 1
MKDD: 2
MKDS: 2
MKWii: 4
MK7: 4

That can still be adjusted though. Super Mario Kart had 5 tracks per cup after all.

Or just add an extra cup like what Super Circuit did?

I have no idea why, but I have this crazy idea there will NOT be a Mario Kart on Wii U.

For example, the original GB or GBC didn't get one (unless you count GBA as part of the GB or GBC).

And besides, with just one gamepad, I can't see how they can be "innovative" outside 1 player.

E.V.I.L said:
I have no idea why, but I have this crazy idea there will NOT be a Mario Kart on Wii U.

For example, the original GB or GBC didn't get one (unless you count GBA as part of the GB or GBC).

And besides, with just one gamepad, I can't see how they can be "innovative" outside 1 player.

Why would they not have a Mario Kart on the Wii U?

Surely it's feasible that it couldn't be innovative, but looking at Nintendo as a business, it would really be disadvantageous to not have a Mario Kart Wii U.

(for the GameBoy, I don't think it can handle it at its time)

GBC wasn't really remarkable enough to actually have a racing game.

Of course it could have happend but it'd probably end up crappy like Killer Instinct for the gbc.

Also I wouldn't really mind if there isn't one for the wii u. MKDD is about the only one i really enjoy, as the partner system is pretty awesome and well just loved most of the game in general, not to mention it had the best battle track to ever exist, ever.

Your guys' arguments about GBC not being advanced enough makes sense actually.

Even if they make a MK8, I don't see it coming out well until 2014.

E.V.I.L said:
Even if they make a MK8, I don't see it coming out well until 2014.

None of us are expecting it come out next year anyway

I'm pretty sure they are goind to make an MK game for the Wii U,considering they have been releasing an MK game for every Nintendo system released lately.

The 45th Nazgul said:
I'm pretty sure they are goind to make an MK game for the Wii U,considering they have been releasing an MK game for every Nintendo system released lately.

And like I said earlier, it helps Nintendo rake in the profits

Anser said:
Joltik said:
Psh should have like 8.

Seriously.

While not a bad idea, it would make the cups too long.

But it feels like there isn't enough tracks either and i dont really like doing the same ones over and over and over.

Joltik said:
Anser said:
Joltik said:
Psh should have like 8.

Seriously.

While not a bad idea, it would make the cups too long.

But it feels like there isn't enough tracks either and i dont really like doing the same ones over and over and over.
Why?

Back