The Koopalings are NOT Bowser's Children.

In other words, tl;dr the damn post

tl;dr version: RL genetics can be used to explain how the Koopalings could all look so different from each other and from Bowser and Junior, yet still be one big happy family.

And then I went through specific genotypes that can explain the hair, eye, head and shell colouration.

Lakituthequick said:
Walkazo said:
Being a science nerd, I actually went and worked out the colouration genotypes of the Koopalings and their parents ages ago...
Made me think of your article about Koopa-evelution in The 'Shroom.
It is pretty similar in spirit... If they ask me to do another article, maybe it should be on Koopa pedigree analysis, lol

Walkazo said:
Lakituthequick said:
Walkazo said:
Being a science nerd, I actually went and worked out the colouration genotypes of the Koopalings and their parents ages ago...
Made me think of your article about Koopa-evelution in The 'Shroom.
It is pretty similar in spirit... If they ask me to do another article, maybe it should be on Koopa pedigree analysis, lol
Thumb_Up_with_arm_T.png

Walkazo said:
tl;dr version: RL genetics can be used to explain how the Koopalings could all look so different from each other and from Bowser and Junior, yet still be one big happy family.
It's still to be determined. Without information, generally from lookings they might be simply important minions around Bowser, or at least orphans that was raised and trained by Bowser's troop.

Actually, it has been determined that originally they were his kids, then Nintendo didn't really talk about it anymore, and now their current story is that they're unrelated.

This was just a thought exercise.

no one knows who the koopalins mom is, and no one knows who mario and luigis mom is. that means the koopalins and mario and luigi are all related!!

WagNak said:
no one knows who the koopalins mom is, and no one knows who mario and luigis mom is. that means the koopalins and mario and luigi are all related!!

That means Wario and Baby Luigi are related for having two eyes, two legs, and a nose

Baby Luigi said:
That means Wario and Baby Luigi are related for having two eyes, two legs, and a nose

no we are talking about siblings. are wario and waluigi related too? maybe this whole thing is just a giant family fued gone sour cuz of peach

But your logic is horribly flawed. Just saying.

its not logic its a video game. hmm maybe yoshi is the mom

Did I hear that excuse before? :rolleyes:

Walkazo said:
Real world genetics can still explain the Koopalings (and Junior)

i know. i just don't think nintendo cares about realistic depictions of heredity

Anser said:
*bleep* what Miyamoto says. To me, the Koopalings will always be Bowser's children.
That's why it's horrible we fans have to imagine what the characters are by ourselves.

Nintendo actually intends for that to happen in some cases. Hence why Mario is usually a bland and boring character.

kat-rin koopa said:
People Running About said:
kat-rin koopa said:
Yeah, don't trust the Western localisations because the developers had nothing to do with that.

They could still be Bowser Jr's cousins though, and then we'd know that Bowser had a brother called Morton if that held true. In any case, related or not, they're still the same characters they always were.
No there not you can't establish some them as being Bowser's kids and then just drop that for no reason.

Even if it had been that way (which there's no indication of there being in Japan), you could very easily drop it because it has never affected the games in any way.

I don't want to believe this. I have many good reasons.
*Reason number one: The Koopa Family seems more in1complete without them.
*Reason number two: The Koopalings are more unique than Bowser Jr., NOT that i dislike him or anything. Each Koopaling has its own personality. Bowser Jr. is just a young Bowser who likes painting (Also, note that he bears a huge resemblence to Baby Bowser from the Yoshi series and especially Mario & Luigi:Partners in Time.)
*Reason number three: If you combine the traits of each koopaling, you'll get what Junior's mother looks like.
*Reason four: It just raises more questions. How did they come to be? Do they still call Bowser dad? Are they adopted? Are they Bowser clones?
*Reason five: As a Koopaling fan, I don't want to think of them as adopted/cloned nobodys.

JohnRoberts said:
What do you all mean by "bumping"? :???:

bumping is basically an action where you post in the topic, mainly a very old topic, and make it appear on the first page of the corresponding board.

This is usually a big issue though as people aren't exactly fond of someone bumping a topic that is months old.

That's what we call replying to an old thread. Many frown upon the act. I don't mind much, though.

Dammit Zae!

Put That Thing Back Where it Came From or So Help Me said:
What you just did a second fucking time.
would you have rather him have made a new topic about this

Back