Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition - STATUS: POSTPONED UNTIL POKEMON IS FUN

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: Chapter Seven is up on UP!

Walkazo said:
It's interesting that Tabuu turned out to be a vigilante (with a history with Anton, no less), seeing as his last line towards La Reine in Chapter 6 was a bit ominous...
Tabuu was just messing around there with La Reine.

And this story is in desperate need of an anti-hero. Trust me.

We haven't seen the last of Tabuu.
Walkazo said:
...however when he showed up in this chapter, rather than saying "The stranger sent out Michael.", it would have been better to say "The stranger sent out a Gallade." and then start calling it Michael after it was confirmed that it was the same "stranger" as last time.
Ah.

I thought it was fairly understood that it was the same stranger from before, but you're right - considering the scene is from Javelin and Walkazo's point of view, they wouldn't already know what the Gallade's name was. I'll correct that.
Walkazo said:
Other than that, nothing Also, on the main page, shouldn't Anton be in the Team Plasma tab now, or...
oh yeah. ._.

Viridi said:
Walkazo said:
...however when he showed up in this chapter, rather than saying "The stranger sent out Michael.", it would have been better to say "The stranger sent out a Gallade." and then start calling it Michael after it was confirmed that it was the same "stranger" as last time.
Ah.

I thought it was fairly understood that it was the same stranger from before, but you're right - considering the scene is from Javelin and Walkazo's point of view, they wouldn't already know what the Gallade's name was. I'll correct that.
Yeah, exactly. I mean, you can still use the nickname even if they don't know it (omniscient third person POV), but while context does imply it's Tabuu, it'd still flow better if he's explicitly identified (either by name or by drawing attention to his distinctive Snag Machine) before skipping to naming the Pokemon. imho

"I've help Pokémon..." ought to be "I've helped Pokémon..."

Other than that, it was a good chapter. Lovely punny villainous getaway, and the rivals thing seems like it would be an interesting little sub-plot to appear from time to time much like in the Pokémon anime.

Vriska Serket said:
"I've help Pokémon..." ought to be "I've helped Pokémon..."
Sweetcatch.gif

It's fixed now.

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: Chapter Eight! I'm still making this!

Chapter 8.

It's a little short, but this seemed like a good stopping point.

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: Chapter Eight! I'm still making this!

As I always say to folks who apologize for short updates: it's just good to get an update, so no worries. And you're right, it does seem like a natural break point. Anyway, didn't notice any typos or anything, and I loved Patton's involvement in the last little bit; my part was good too, and I'm glad to see the group's already at the second gym rather than taking forever to travel or whatever: guess I'm used to the actual TV series' snail's pace, lol.

sweet chapter B )

it'd be a shame if somebody

ONE-UPPED YOU WITH A TWO-PART SPECIAL

Walkazo said:
...and I'm glad to see the group's already at the second gym rather than taking forever to travel or whatever: guess I'm used to the actual TV series' snail's pace, lol.
Yeah, I would like to finish this story before the year's over. Don't know if I can do that, but I'm going to try to keep it so that each city, forest, route, etc. only takes up one or two chapters.
Tabuu said:
sweet chapter B )

it'd be a shame if somebody

ONE-UPPED YOU WITH A TWO-PART SPECIAL
oh you

Chapter 9.

In retrospect, I probably should have introduced Paula at the end of last chapter, so as to make this one not as long and make that one longer. But whatever. Happy belated birthday, Dippy.

And yes, we'll be seeing Paula again.

The title of the next chapter is going to be "The Main Protagonists Actually Start Catching Pokemon".

EDIT: also ha ha tabuu i am now the most recent fic update

Re: Pokémon Black and White: Wiki Edition: Chapter Nine. Take that, Tabuu.

i still released a two-part special and four more chapters in three days

well, half of those chapters were just boring

you did read the finale right

two-part awesome special, one-chapter plot stuff, one-chapter angst, one-chapter comic relief, slightly-disturbing part finale

i don't think anyone was impressed by the angst or comic relief except you

finale was okay i guess, but it lies in the shadow of the awesome special, so

Viridi said:
also ha ha tabuu i am now the most recent fic update
I don't know Javelin. Tabuu's story had sex and explosions.

doesn't change the fact that mine is the most recent

also who cares because pokemon

Go Dunesparce

xzelion lane rides lightning bolts in p132

until you do something equally badass here you will never defeat this mean green update machine

(this is all good-natured, me and javelin have an intimate relationship hard for most to understand)

Tabuu said:
xzelion lane rides lightning bolts in p132

until you do something equally badass here you will never defeat this mean green update machine
by that logic i could to a sci-fi fic and blow up project 132 from space

by that logic I could unzip P132's backstory and flop out bigger sci-fi then launch you into the sun

then i'll build a death star and blow up the sun

*coughs*

Viridi said:
Chapter 9.

In retrospect, I probably should have introduced Paula at the end of last chapter, so as to make this one not as long and make that one longer. But whatever. Happy belated birthday, Dippy.

And yes, we'll be seeing Paula again.

The title of the next chapter is going to be "The Main Protagonists Actually Start Catching Pokemon".

EDIT: also ha ha tabuu i am now the most recent fic update
Wow, you weren't kidding about keeping the pacing brisk. But it makes sense: choreographed fight scenes are tedious to write, so might as well save such action for the more climactic high-stakes stuff later and keep the focus on moving the plot forward so we can get to later. And even though this gym was brief, it was still good. No writing issues to speak of, either.

Back